Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Warriors - Saturday, January 18th @ 8:30 PM

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So I missed the game. Fultz looked great, everyone else was ass?

Yea, basically.

Bamba played some decent defense. He was the only one that did, and then Clifford pulled him out.

Fultz and Isaac are our future. I still like Gordon and Bamba too. Everyone else needs to go. I'm sick of this Fournier & Vuc core of our team. T-Ross seems to have been fool's gold last year. He plays Kobe-ball without an ounce of Kobe's talent. Anyone NOT part of the BIG+Fultz crew needs to go away, and fast. We've made Vuc and Fournier the centerpiece of this team for far longer than they deserve. They should have been post-Dwight transitional players that got us from one roster to the next, but instead have become the roster.

But as far as D'Lo goes, he's basically another Fultz. Probably better, but they are basically the same player. We don't need D'Lo here. 

22 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Exacty.  But he can opt out of his contract this summer.  So we need to sell high if we can.  I would lose all faith in this franchise if we resigned him for big money.  Especially since we are going to have to pay Markelle and Isaac soon.

Let him go. Idc. Take the cap space that will open up. Probably far more valuable than anything we can actually get for him anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Let him go. Idc. Take the cap space that will open up. Probably far more valuable than anything we can actually get for him anyways. 

idc if it's for matching expiring money and a couple second rounders I just want to move this franchise forward without Fournier.  And hopefully without Vooch soon!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

idc if it's for matching expiring money and a couple second rounders I just want to move this franchise forward without Fournier.  And hopefully without Vooch soon!

Would be a blessing...

I think our offense currently flows through Fournier. You can tell the difference when he is playing and when he is out(Lakers). Fultz has more control and AG is even more effective when Fournier is out. I hate to keep repeating myself but his is the main culprit of our struggles. I dont currently have the stats but I can safely say that he touches the ball in almost every offensive possession. Or at least in over 90% of the cases. 

Either he needs to go to the bench and let him play a role like Ginobili in San Antonio where he can take over the offense on the second unit or trade him while his value is till decent. 

Heck , even Iwundu plays better w/o him on the floor. 

I think it is time. I dont mind keeping Vooch a little bit  longer until Bamba is completely ready but we need to explore options to let Fournier go.  

To do list: (In order of priority) 

1. Trade Fournier

2. Trade Vooch

3. Trade Ross

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 assists isn’t going to get the job done.  Only watched the first half but there are way too many plays where as soon as one guy gets the ball you know he’s determined to take the shot no matter what.  Passing stops, one on one starts.   Gordon, Fournier, Ross all do this.  

From my standpoint, this is something the coach can and should put an end to.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

21 assists isn’t going to get the job done.  Only watched the first half but there are way too many plays where as soon as one guy gets the ball you know he’s determined to take the shot no matter what.  Passing stops, one on one starts.   Gordon, Fournier, Ross all do this.  

From my standpoint, this is something the coach can and should put an end to.  

Think we’ve been at this to long now that we know it’s because of the players we have and we need to change that.

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

To do list: (In order of priority) 

1. Trade Fournier

2. Trade Vooch

3. Trade Ross

Two of them were just confirmed by management in the summer, so I'm not still sure if it was only a way to retain an asset (bad idea anyway at Vuc price, for example) or they're a long term and conviced plan.

The third, we'll see next summer if he opts out. If they resign him too, maybe for something like 20m again, I would have been a sad confirmation of bad feelings.

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Super disappointing follow up to the huge win over the Lakers. The Clippers game, I understand and can excuse, last night was just bad all around

It's pretty typical for this team. 

1. Play with a sense of urgency for a while. 

2. Get signature win

3. Rest on our laurels

4. Embarrassing loss

5. Repeat. 

I prefer that we lose to Golden State for a wake up call and a win vs Charlotte because the Charlotte game is significantly more important. But it's annoying that a veteran team has to go through this process once a month. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's pretty typical for this team. 

1. Play with a sense of urgency for a while. 

2. Get signature win

3. Rest on our laurels

4. Embarrassing loss

5. Repeat. 

I prefer that we lose to Golden State for a wake up call and a win vs Charlotte because the Charlotte game is significantly more important. But it's annoying that a veteran team has to go through this process once a month. 

Yeah, it’s impressive to stop a teams 9 game winning streak and 10 game losing streak on the same road trip

11 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Yea, basically.

Bamba played some decent defense. He was the only one that did, and then Clifford pulled him out.

Fultz and Isaac are our future. I still like Gordon and Bamba too. Everyone else needs to go. I'm sick of this Fournier & Vuc core of our team. T-Ross seems to have been fool's gold last year. He plays Kobe-ball without an ounce of Kobe's talent. Anyone NOT part of the BIG+Fultz crew needs to go away, and fast. We've made Vuc and Fournier the centerpiece of this team for far longer than they deserve. They should have been post-Dwight transitional players that got us from one roster to the next, but instead have become the roster.

But as far as D'Lo goes, he's basically another Fultz. Probably better, but they are basically the same player. We don't need D'Lo here. 

That's very untrue, but I agree that we don't want both of them in the same backcourt.