Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Lakers - Wednesday, January 15th @ 10:30 PM

13 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I had to wait until this morning. No rush and was able to watch the whole thing. I really enjoyed the total team effort and contribution we got from Clark. Major props to Fultz and AG! Coach Cliff did a great job with the rotations, too. 

It was a nail biter because i didn't check the score on my phone. Talk about emotions, i just happened to turn it on at halftime of the replay at 3am. I saw the  box score on the halftime recap.It showed we were getting good contributions from the bench and Iwundu was starting and leading the team in scoring. When the 3rd started and we went up 20 with all that ball movement,dunks and 3's i was thrilled! Clark, Iwundu and Fultz looked fantastic! When Gordon made the highlight dunk off the backboard i was sure it would be a blowout.

Then came all of our missed 3's and all their made 3's. Screw Cook and Daniels! They could't miss in the second half! I really don't get this seasons meme of nobodies having career nights against us.It was pretty scary when we went about 8 minutes without a field goal. Our Vets looked cooked for a second, i'm not blaming them for what was obviously fatigue. Both teams missed a lot of shots and made some really bad plays in the 4th, they were tired. It was surreal how the Lakers missed 3 or 4 easy dunks in the second half.......we don't win the game without it!

And finally watching Fultz win the game was amazing.He really is what we need.I wish he could show the rest of our team how to finish through contact.Watching him make Dwight and Lebron look like g-leaguers made me lose my mind! If the Magic can work on conditioning we should always run like we did in the first half.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

All those guys can and will shoot 3’s. Not saying he has to be Curry. Just has to be able to take what the defense gives. If his man decides to slack off, he’s gotta make them pay. That’s what a first option star player does.

Fultz has 18 made threes so far in this half season. 26.5% shooting

Wade made fewer than 30 threes 10 out of his 16 seasons. 

Giannis shot 25.6% from 3 during his MVP season

Westbrook shot less than 30% from 3 7 of his 12 seasons. 

When fultz's man slacks off he can make them pay by attacking. Like he did last night. 

Giannis is now shooting at 33% and is attempting 5 threes a game which is a career high. Averaging a career high 30ppg. He saw the need to add shooting to his arsenal.

Westbrook? The guy you wouldn’t want? Really?

Attacking the rim when your man slacks off is difficult to do night in night out.

Fultz at some point is going to have to show he can consistently hit the 3. Not only to open things up, to make his game more diverse but also for longevity.  

Thing is I think he can. It’s not like EP.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Giannis is now shooting at 33% and is attempting 5 threes a game which is a career high. Averaging a career high 30ppg. He saw the need to add shooting to his arsenal.

Westbrook? The guy you wouldn’t want? Really?

Attacking the rim when your man slacks off is difficult to do night in night out.

Fultz at some point is going to have to show he can consistently hit the 3. Not only to open things up, to make his game more diverse but also for longevity.  

Thing is I think he can. It’s not like EP.

I mean I want him to start hitting threes. It will help him reach his ceiling. Just like it's nice that giannis is improving there. But it's not like he just became a star when he started hitting them. He won MVP shooting worse than fultz. 

You said he can't become a star without the shot. I think I provided a compelling argument of paths to becoming a star without being able to shoot. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean I want him to start hitting threes. It will help him reach his ceiling. Just like it's nice that giannis is improving there. But it's not like he just became a star when he started hitting them. He won MVP shooting worse than fultz. 

You said he can't become a star without the shot. I think I provided a compelling argument of paths to becoming a star without being able to shoot. 

Giannis is a 6-10-7 foot anomaly.

Fultz will need to hit the 3 ball sooner than later.

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

And he is going to believe me. This kid works too hard to not be the best he can be. He will be above 35% 3 point shooter next season just wait ..

34 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Fultz is the same size as Wade and taller than Westbrook

12 hours ago, MagicJED said:

He missed several shots in a row, but he redeemed himself. His presence had an effect on the two key Fultz drives too because they could not leave Vuc..The shots he missed were good looks that he is supposed to take, and he typically makes them. He absolutely needs to play better offensively if this team is going to succeed, but he hit one of the key shots that led to the win. He didn't make any noteworthy mistakes on defense.

Every player has streaks of missed shots. Does LeBron suck because he could not hit important shots tonight? 

I rewatched the game and you're right.