Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic At Kings - Monday, January 13th @ 10:00 PM

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Just curious, does anyone know if Fultz or AG should have stayed with Fox on his last drive? Both guys went out to the perimeter to guard Bjelica and left Fox wide open for an easy drive to the hoop. Should Fultz stay with Fox, or should they have switched and let the taller AG defend the basket?

It was kind of fultz's fault. Fultz was defending fox. Gordon came to help. Once they stopped the drive somebody had to go back to the open man. If it was a switch fultz should have left fox earlier to go out on the open man. When he stayed that signaled to Gordon that he was to go back. Then both guys left simultaneously. 

Also, iwundu should have rotated off hield and Fournier should have rotated off Barnes to cover hield. Barnes should have been the open player. But you also don't want to leave hield wide open for a moment in this situation so I understand why he didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It was kind of fultz's fault. Fultz was defending fox. Gordon came to help. Once they stopped the drive somebody had to go back to the open man. If it was a switch fultz should have left fox earlier to go out on the open man. When he stayed that signaled to Gordon that he was to go back. Then both guys left simultaneously. 

Also, iwundu should have rotated off hield and Fournier should have rotated off Barnes to cover hield. Barnes should have been the open player. But you also don't want to leave hield wide open for a moment in this situation so I understand why he didn't. 

Cool! Thanks for taking the time to explain what happened.

I was asleep before the 4th. Nice win, maybe a season turning win?

Anyhow, the Kings are awful. Not only did they pass on Luka they paid  big money to players who do almost nothing for them.

In the last 18 months they gave contracts to Barnes,Hield,Ariza,Joseph and Dedmon. Only the Hield and Joseph contracts made any sense.

Fire Vlade!   

One reason why i don't hate the Vucevic contract, or to a lesser degree Gordon's. These guys never quit, they might never be superstars but they play hard and play well. Vuc will produce during the whole contract he's never going to be a Barnes or Bazemore.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

LOL. Yeah we are pretty mediocre. Still unless the injuries become a problem it's going to be almost impossible to miss the playoffs.

I wish we could get Bjelica from the Kings! I would imagine anyone wanting one of their players has to take back the corpse of Ariza or the disgruntled Dedmon.

Honestly i would be willing to take one of them if we could get either Nemanja or Bogdan.

4 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

LOL. Yeah we are pretty mediocre. Still unless the injuries become a problem it's going to be almost impossible to miss the playoffs.

I wish we could get Bjelica from the Kings! I would imagine anyone wanting one of their players has to take back the corpse of Ariza or the disgruntled Dedmon.

Honestly i would be willing to take one of them if we could get either Nemanja or Bogdan.

Team needs a star and to move away from the Vuch/Fournier focused b-ball. We’re a bunch of role players.

• Like 1

We don't have the assets to trade for a star who is already a star. Our best hope is trading for a player that might become a star. My previous trade idea was only about getting us a 7th or higher seed. I'm still all in on trading Bamba and Evan to the Warriors for Russell. Word is that's not enough. You see i would be willing to take that chance, but management wouldn't. Worst case scenario is Russell and Fultz can't play together, no problem. Make another trade. Stay flexible.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

We don't have the assets to trade for a star who is already a star. Our best hope is trading for a player that might become a star. My previous trade idea was only about getting us a 7th or higher seed. I'm still all in on trading Bamba and Evan to the Warriors for Russell. Word is that's not enough. You see i would be willing to take that chance, but management wouldn't. Worst case scenario is Russell and Fultz can't play together, no problem. Make another trade. Stay flexible.

GS isn’t trading Russell. They’re going to wait until the off season. Which we won’t do because he’s not a long defender.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

GS isn’t trading Russell. They’re going to wait until the off season. Which we won’t do because he’s not a long defender.

Yes i agree on this 100% they won't make a move in season. No reason to do it now.

Just now, hootie249 said:

Yes i agree on this 100% they won't make a move in season. No reason to do it now.

Unless Fultz becomes more of an outside shooter, we’re going to be this for a few years.

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I can’t wait until they give Fultz the ball and tell him to go and get the basket. 

I was concerned about Fultz with his dribbling last night in the lane and under the basket. He lost the ball a few times. He was trapped while dribbling the ball low to the floor and it bounced right into the defenders' hands. He needs to clean that up.