Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs Wizards - Wednesday, January 8th @ 7:00 PM

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Possibly.  But Robbins did have a tweet or part of an article where he said he expects it to be the remainder of the season.  I think part of it was his own assumption though, because he expects to FO to be cautious as they always are.

Yea. That tweet was where I was pulling it from. He didn't sound very optimistic. 

9 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Eh. Isaac might be back early March

8 hours ago, ML6 said:

Possibly.  But Robbins did have a tweet or part of an article where he said he expects it to be the remainder of the season.  I think part of it was his own assumption though, because he expects to FO to be cautious as they always are.

I’m with ML6 on that one.  It said something along the lines of they just decided he doesn’t need surgery but will reassess in 8-10 weeks.  Depending when the 8-10 weeks starts, the earliest they would “reassess” would be sometime in March.  If he just gets clearance at that point to start practicing, it work probably be a minimum of 2-3 weeks before he could start playing, because his conditioning is likely to be a problem if he can’t do basketball related stuff for 10 or more weeks.  

Would they really risk bringing him back in April after a very long layoff?   I’m thinking not.   

25 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m with ML6 on that one.  It said something along the lines of they just decided he doesn’t need surgery but will reassess in 8-10 weeks.  Depending when the 8-10 weeks starts, the earliest they would “reassess” would be sometime in March.  If he just gets clearance at that point to start practicing, it work probably be a minimum of 2-3 weeks before he could start playing, because his conditioning is likely to be a problem if he can’t do basketball related stuff for 10 or more weeks.  

Would they really risk bringing him back in April after a very long layoff?   I’m thinking not.   

I guess I just don't really know what his injury is exactly. They haven't really described it well. If it's not-surgical it's not crazy to think 8-10 weeks is enough time to get back on the court in a limited capacity. But I have no clue what his injury is

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I guess I just don't really know what his injury is exactly. They haven't really described it well. If it's not-surgical it's not crazy to think 8-10 weeks is enough time to get back on the court in a limited capacity. But I have no clue what his injury is

I believe it was reported as a severe sprain, bone contusion, and a posterior lateral corner injury.  There were also specific statements that there was “no major structural damage to the ACL, PCL, or MCL”. I found this really interesting because it curiously left out any mention of the LCL, which was the first ligament I thought of — check my post history — when I saw how his knee bent (outward, as if someone had taken a hammer to the inside of it). Taking it a step further, posterior lateral corner injuries are often associated with injuries to the, you guessed it, LCL.

Call me skeptical, but I don’t find it coincidental that they omitted a mention of the LCL. I think he probably damaged it to some degree and they used the word “sprain” to make people think it wasn’t that bad. Now, if the term “severe sprain” was what the MRI truly stated, that has a very specific medical definition — and it’s not good. A “severe sprain” AKA a grade 3 sprain is defined as, ahem, “a complete tear of the affected ligament.”

My guess is it is really bad and they worded things intentionally to make people not realize how bad it is.

25 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I believe it was reported as a severe sprain, bone contusion, and a posterior lateral corner injury.  There were also specific statements that there was “no major structural damage to the ACL, PCL, or MCL”. I found this really interesting because it curiously left out any mention of the LCL, which was the first ligament I thought of — check my post history — when I saw how his knee bent (outward, as if someone had taken a hammer to the inside of it). Taking it a step further, posterior lateral corner injuries are often associated with injuries to the, you guessed it, LCL.

Call me skeptical, but I don’t find it coincidental that they omitted a mention of the LCL. I think he probably damaged it to some degree and they used the word “sprain” to make people think it wasn’t that bad. Now, if the term “severe sprain” was what the MRI truly stated, that has a very specific medical definition — and it’s not good. A “severe sprain” AKA a grade 3 sprain is defined as, ahem, “a complete tear of the affected ligament.”

My guess is it is really bad and they worded things intentionally to make people not realize how bad it is.

Wouldn't a complete tear of the lcl require surgery though?

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Wouldn't a complete tear of the lcl require surgery though?

Not in all instances, no.

”Of note, not all isolated Grade 3 LCL injuries result in functional instability and necessitate surgical intervention, but repair of grade 3 injuries with PLC damage may be necessary and orthopedic referral is warranted.”

I don’t know, maybe I’m too cynical. But is it not weird that 1 of the 4 major ligaments is omitted from the narrative? The one that matches with the method of injury and goes hand-in-hand with the rest of diagnosis?