Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs Heat - Friday, January 3rd @ 7:00 P.M.

3 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I’m hoping that it’s because of Bamba’s minute restriction. If it isn’t, I just straight up disagree with Clifford lol

Why? Bamba can't play 4, Birch moves better than Bamba. 

6 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I’m hoping that it’s because of Bamba’s minute restriction. If it isn’t, I just straight up disagree with Clifford lol

Clifford was asked about playing Vucevic and Bamba together and straight up said we can’t play that way. I agree with him 100% Vooch and Mo are very much 5s, way too slow to play the 4. We tried it a little last year when Mo was a rookie and it was a trainwreck

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why? Bamba can't play 4, Birch moves better than Bamba. 

Spacing. I feel like Bamba’s outside shooting is more preferable to the difference in mobility between Birch and Bamba. It feels like it’s often 4 v 5 when Birch is on the court, while Bamba’s shot stretches the defense.

I also don’t think Birch is all that much more quick than Bamba, but that’s just my eye test; you could be right since I haven’t been paying too much attention to the difference in foot speed between Khem and Mo.

My (ironic) point actually was that coach likes a little too much playing big. He was the one trying Vuc+Bamba last season for too long, and I was pretty sure that the solution for tonight would have been pairing two centers again, even with Aaron back.

And yes, I know we're short on forwards, but there should be better options than that.

28 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

If Gordon blows out his achilles it's totally on our team for playing him. 

We are usually extra cautious but Gordon is obviously gonna want to play and with our injuries . Maybe we are a bit desperate. 

Hopefully it is the ankle and not the achilles. 

33 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

If Gordon blows out his achilles it's totally on our team for playing him. 

Not every sore achilles means it’s ready to rupture.  

21 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Starting Birch alongside Vuc is a very innovative and exciting choice!  :P

Birch and Vuch have never played well together.  Birch is not a 4.  Surprised Gordon isn’t playing the 4 with Iwindu at the 3.  

1 minute ago, JJZFL said:

Birch and Vuch have never played well together.  Birch is not a 4.  Surprised Gordon isn’t playing the 4 with Iwindu at the 3.  

This.