Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Bucks - Saturday, Dec. 28th @ 8:30 P.M.

47 minutes ago, MagicJED said:

AG missed the second half.

The +/- for DJ is because of the times he was on the court and he was certainly not that poor.. DJ was fine early, but he was tired late. The bench was horrible and the rest of the team was bad in the 4th quarter, and DJ played with the bench and with the starters when they were bad.

Birch and Iwundu were the worst. Fultz was off too. They took Ross out of the game for the most part.

Who cares?  You analyzing nothing

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

And what team do you honestly think we can be?

We have everything we need to be a 6 or 7 seed in the East. We are certainly not playing well enough right now for that though. Injuries are really keeping us from putting together a better record. Just because we didn't get the start we hoped for and we are inconsistent right now, it doesn't mean that anyone who feels we're capable of much more are wrong. Our young players are the ones who determine how much we're going to improve and they have improved, but they are not great scorers or shooters who are ready to carry us. If we simply make the playoffs, that is an accomplishment when you look at the past decade.

No shame in losing to the Bucks. They do this to everyone. Actually, they beat most by 20-30 on a nightly basis. 

This year is going better than last actually. Hopefully the right move coms along at the deadline and we can pick up a piece to spark another second half run. This season could go either way. If this team is not good enough to improve on last season I'd rather find out this season than next, that way we can make changes sooner than later. 

We have to remember that the road to a championship is rarely a straight line or a straight uphill climb. There are going to be ups and downs, and we might have to get worse or change directions before we improve. Even if we know what we need to get better, it takes time to get the pieces we need. This FO is well aware that this team is not a finished product and there are changes on the horizon, even if we finish the season better than last year. If someone expects us to beat the best and be a serious contender now or a year from now they will be disappointed and they shouldn't watch. Improvements from our young guys and ending the season in a better place than last year are the goal of this team. It's not just wins and losses that matter necessarily. Learning how to get better and doing those things to succeed in future seasons is the real key. We are playing the long game unless a star becomes part of the team or one of our guys breaks out.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Who cares?  You analyzing nothing

The post was not directed to people who saw the game. I had no intent to analyze the game or the team.

My analysis is that we need roster improvements and a more flexible rotation. We need shooting and our deep bench needs to be players with potential. But, without knowing the options available to us, I don't know what we need. I think we need to get rid of most of the bench along with Gordon and Aminu. I think our starters are sufficient for now. In the meantime, we need to play 2 starters at all times. I also don't believe that we can beat the Bucks, but I don't think that really matters.

I also see that you have nothing worth saying in any of your posts.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, HighAngleDad said:

He is in the rotation because Aminu is out injured.  Iwundu played a lot better last year though, in a lot of games he was first off the bench and came in for Gordon.  This year, not so great.

On the surface, it seems, Iwundu and the others at the end of the bench seem to have regressed under this coaching staff. I am not sure if it is because they have plateaued or if it is just poor coaching, however. 

8 hours ago, MagicJED said:

He played very well for us and he showed that he was worth keeping. Not sure why we didn't keep him. He had some strong double doubles and he made plenty of 3's.

None of his play should be a surprise to anyone who follows the NBA. 

Don’t remember that kind of impact.

8 hours ago, The Boss said:

Bench got torched. DJ minus 35 is a joke.

Isaac with 7 steals at least to go with his 19 and 9. AG off again, somethings not right there, maybe carrying an injury?

I missed this one, just going off the box score. 

AG’s “injury” only gets brought up after piss performances. Heard nothing about it after the Philly game

I couldn't watch the game.Losing to the Bucks without the MVP is not a good look. Fire them into the sun,

Utah, already a much better team then the Magic lacked offense off the bench. They acquire Clarkson, beat the Clippers.

Clarkson scores 19. When will we start getting players who can actually put the ball in the basket. It's not asking for much.