Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. 76ers - Friday, Dec. 27th at 7:00 P.M.

Way to back in to a victory... beep beep beep... I was livid when Clifford called that timeout before the last inbound pass turnover. Bad coaching. You got the ball in quick and clean to Fournier, gotta live with the results of that

33 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Way to back in to a victory... beep beep beep... I was livid when Clifford called that timeout before the last inbound pass turnover. Bad coaching. You got the ball in quick and clean to Fournier, gotta live with the results of that

Second time he’s done that. The last time AG got a 5 second call

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Generally with 5 seconds left you want the ball as far away from their basket as possible

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Generally with 5 seconds left you want the ball as far away from their basket as possible

I understand it from a generic basketball perspective, but knowing this team and our inability to inbound against a set defense and our tendencies to tense up when pressure sets in, I hated it. Feel like part of Cliffords job is knowing the right move for his team, which isn’t always the same thing as the common, predictable basketball move.

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Well it was important we won tonight because we aren't winning tomorrow

I lol and said to myself "who hell we play tomorrow for it to warrant this conclusion"

Just a question to all you that know strategy much better than I. When Phili is making their run why not at least token back court pressure to just add a little stress instead of letting them roll it up to the line?

2 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

Just a question to all you that know strategy much better than I. When Phili is making their run why not at least token back court pressure to just add a little stress instead of letting them roll it up to the line?

So Ben Simmons basically only scores running downhill so you don't want to push him to run by letting him get past your hip. It makes more sense to keep him in front of you. We wanted to force Philly to score against our half court defense, not let them get out in pseudo-transition. 

I'm most other situations we would have our point guard pester theirs. 

• Upvote 1