Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Portland - Friday, Dec. 20th at 10:00 P.M.

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more here. Fultz has out of this world court vision we just have guys who can’t catch or finish inside. Also his mid range game is coming around nicely. I’d much rather watch that repeatedly all game than what we are currently forced to watch. 

Agreed x2

• Like 1

I couldn’t disagree with you more here. Fultz has out of this world court vision we just have guys who can’t catch or finish inside. Also his mid range game is coming around nicely. I’d much rather watch that repeatedly all game than what we are currently forced to watch. 

Is he a guy right now that when everyone is missing shots, you can give the ball to and can go off for 25-30+ every night? I don’t think so. Not right now. 

That’s funny because isn’t that what we are already doing? I’d much rather lose games and see growth than watch the same vet players lose the games for us. 

True. Me and you might be alright with it but WeHam would be admitting that this year we would not be competing. Don’t think that’s going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Is he a guy right now that when everyone is missing shots, you can give the ball to and can go off for 25-30+ every night? I don’t think so. Not right now. 

No not right now but he can give you more than 10 points a night which is what he is currently averaging. I also think we wouldn’t go into such large deficits during games if we get him going early. It forces the defense to draw into the paint which gives our other guys easier shots/looks. Same thing could be said for JI. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

True. Me and you might be alright with it but WeHam would be admitting that this year we would not be competing. Don’t think that’s going to happen. 

There’s nothing wrong with admitting you’ve plateaued as a team and need to hit the reset button. There is something wrong with trying to keep the same core of guys who clearly can’t get you over the hump but you resign them anyways just to say you made the playoffs. That’s how you become a mediocre team in the NBA and it’s crazy how we haven’t learned this by now.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

No not right now but he can give you more than 10 points a night which is what he is currently averaging. I also think we wouldn’t go into such large deficits during games if we get him going early. It forces the defense to draw into the paint which gives our other guys easier shots/looks. Same thing could be said for JI. 

All maybe true. Point is we’d still lose games (which WeHam isn’t about anymore) and we’d still be missing that first option player.

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

There’s nothing wrong with admitting you’ve plateaued as a team and need to hit the reset button. There is something wrong with trying to keep the same core of guys who clearly can’t get you over the hump but you resign them anyways just to say you made the playoffs. That’s how you become a mediocre team in the NBA and it’s crazy how we haven’t learned this by now.

Which is what some of us have spoken out against. I use the word treadmill every time to describe us. However, WeHam isn’t going to commit to another losing season after years and years of resetting. We had our chances to suck bad and we did it half ass and wound up with picking lower than we hoped. Only way I see us changing this course is to make a trade for someone who moves the needle immensely and I don’t know if WeHam can do that and I don’t see anyone currently available that can do it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Magicman28 said:

All maybe true. Point is we’d still lose games (which WeHam isn’t about anymore) and we’d still be missing that first option player.

Sure we would lose some games but nothing would be changing. We may have that first player option on the team already but will never know if we don’t give those other guys the reps. Vuc is trash in the playoffs and Fournier will regress to the mean and disappear in the playoffs as well, if we even make it this year. What’s the point of riding those guys anymore? Doesn’t make sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Which is what some of us have spoken out against. I use the word treadmill every time to describe us. However, WeHam isn’t going to commit to another losing season after years and years of resetting. We had our chances to suck bad and we did it half ass and wound up with picking lower than we hoped. Only way I see us changing this course is to make a trade for someone who moves the needle immensely and I don’t know if WeHam can do that and I don’t see anyone currently available that can do it.

I agree with you here that barring a trade we are doomed for mediocrity and I’m calling we resign Fournier when it’s all said and done. Typical Front Office move by the Medicore Magic which is unfortunate. 

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Sure we would lose some games but nothing would be changing. We may have that first player option on the team already but will never know if we don’t give those other guys the reps. Vuc is trash in the playoffs and Fournier will regress to the mean and disappear in the playoffs as well, if we even make it this year. What’s the point of riding those guys anymore? Doesn’t make sense. 

There’s no one on the team man. Fultz needs to work on his outside shot more. He also tends to get himself into trouble when he attacks the rim with no where else to go. He’s probably a couple years away from being what we think he could be. Same with JI. He has a nice catch and shoot, and he can make plays at times but other times his youth shows.

If we had a better option, Cliff would use it.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

There’s no one on the team man. Fultz needs to work on his outside shot more. He also tends to get himself into trouble when he attacks the rim with no where else to go. He’s probably a couple years away from being what we think he could be. Same with JI. He has a nice catch and shoot, and he can make plays at times but other times his youth shows.

If we had a better option, Cliff would use it.

As an organization we view ourselves as more than what we are  and make moves based on those assumptions. It leads to poor personnel decisions and the Magic always continuing to be the laughing stock of the NBA. I believe we can play a better brand of basketball with our current roster. Just need a smarter offensive coach who knows how to make in game adjustments. Even our defense in shambles and that’s supposed to be our identity. 

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

As an organization we view ourselves as more than what we are  and make moves based on those assumptions. It leads to poor personnel decisions and the Magic always continuing to be the laughing stock of the NBA. I believe we can play a better brand of basketball with our current roster. Just need a smarter offensive coach who knows how to make in game adjustments. Even our defense in shambles and that’s supposed to be our identity. 

It’s not a coaching problem. How many coaches do we need to go through to see it’s the group of players we have together? We have a roster that’s filled with 2nd and 3rd option players, and a center who’s game is not one that produces wins in the modern NBA.