Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Portland - Friday, Dec. 20th at 10:00 P.M.

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It feels random and more based on opponent and being in a west coast road trip vs actual impact. We play 7 of the next 9 at home so let's see what happens after that stretch

It does feel random, I agree with you there, especially because the looks he’s missing are shots he has been making all year. Only reason I bring it up is the mental aspect. If he’s thinking about deferring to the big fella more and second guessing his own shots attempts

28 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I’ll say it again: this franchise from top to bottom is washed up. We still have hennigans team running around 

I still don’t understand how that’s still acceptable . 

If it’s truly top to bottom then you’ve solved your own mystery. I can’t necessarily disagree based on our track record but I don’t wanna get hyperbolic after a tough road loss to a probably better team.

This team is just stress yet again. Let's see how the next 10.go. after that we will truly know what's what. Not 1 guy is playing excellent basketball

6 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Let Isaac and Fultz develop, hope Bamba develops into a starting caliber center that can take over for Vuc, transition into a high pace, defensively elite team centered around Fultz-Isaac-scoring wing. 

Right now, we’re stuck in purgatory with Vuc and Fournier but getting playoff experience has value

IMO, we are a team that plays decent at home and not so good on the road. Purgatory might be a perfect definition. Based on how bad other teams are, we are just good enough to probably miss the draft lottery, but bad enough to not make much noise if we do make the playoffs. We are stuck in mediocrity. All I can hope for is Weltman knows what the heck he is doing. However, I am beginning to have doubts. How can an organization have a philosophy where their player prototype is long players who play good defense and not have a very good program in place to teach these guys how to shoot? JI is shooting bricks. AG is shooting bricks. Vooch is shooting bricks. MCW is shooting bricks. Birch is shooting bricks, Aminu was shooting bricks before he got hurt. IMO, these guys are bricklayers, and the foundation for this team is built on sand with everything crumbling down around them. Other teams are shooting lights out because one glaring weakness we have is defending the pick and roll. Not that it's easy to guard against, but with our inconsistent offense we can't keep up. I am trying to be patient, but this team is frustrating as hell right now!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, harryfromphilly said:

headline from portland

Recap: Blazers Destroy Lame Magic Act, 118-103

The Orlando Magic celebrated ‘80s throwback night by not playing defense.

damn that's cold

Sad but oh so true. I’ve never seen a more incompetent bunch of guys on a court than this years Magic team. The regression is real and it starts with the top of the roster like Cliff said. Meaning he needs to get his **** together and have better offensive sets/rotations. Hold guys accountable for not playing team ball and put guys on the court that are hungry to win. Enough of this Evan, Vuc, Gordon, Ross trash we have going on. Give me something new and exciting something to actually root for. Why we don’t have Fultz attacking downhill into the paint  every night is beyond me. He clearly is an Elite finisher yet the coaching staff always seems to play to our personnels weaknesses instead of their strengths. I’m done ranting for now but this team is a **** show and nobody respects us around the league not even the refs and it’s evident night in and out.    

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Sad but oh so true. I’ve never seen a more incompetent bunch of guys on a court than this years Magic team. The regression is real and it starts with the top of the roster like Cliff said. Meaning he needs to get his **** together and have better offensive sets/rotations. Hold guys accountable for not playing team ball and put guys on the court that are hungry to win. Enough of this Evan, Vuc, Gordon, Ross trash we have going on. Give me something new and exciting something to actually root for. Why we don’t have Fultz attacking downhill into the paint  every night is beyond me. He clearly is an Elite finisher yet the coaching staff always seems to play to our personnels weaknesses instead of their strengths. I’m done ranting for now but this team is a **** show and nobody respects us around the league not even the refs and it’s evident night in and out.    

Fultz isn’t quite ready to rely on. Neither is JI. Agree he needs a bigger role but Cliff, fans, all have been saying for years that we need an elite offensive player. That would change a lot.