Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Portland - Friday, Dec. 20th at 10:00 P.M.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Umm.. Aaron is 2-13 at the half, DJ has 10 FGA in the first half?! Markelle has 2 FGA and JI has 3?! WTF are we doing

I said DJ was our go-to guy in the last game thread. I wasn’t kidding 

7 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

We can criticize the offense— it’s certainly worthy of criticism— but this team isn’t going to win giving up 57 on a half. The defense has been going downhill the past month and isn’t even top 10 in defensive rating. 

If we’re going to turn it around, it’s going to be when this team remembers it’s identity and plays defense like it has to. 

You're applying the correct logic but the issue is our defense flat isn't good enough to offset our straight up abysmal offense. The days of building a team around defense left the NBA probably 8 years ago. It just doesn't work in a league that doesn't allow defense to be played, not even mentioning we don't do it well, especially when you factor in our just horrible pick and roll defense and inability to rebound. Its a complete loss at this point, especially considering how heavily we're relying on the likes of DJ for *****ing 20 ft runners and hook shots just to score a goddamn basket

6 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

We can criticize the offense— it’s certainly worthy of criticism— but this team isn’t going to win giving up 57 on a half. The defense has been going downhill the past month and isn’t even top 10 in defensive rating. 

If we’re going to turn it around, it’s going to be when this team remembers it’s identity and plays defense like it has to. 

I was thinking. Maybe our defense has been bad because of how awful our offense has been. Not making shots certainly hinders our ability to get set and run our proper defense. 

• Upvote 1

1. Maybe not leaving CJ and Lillard wide open for threes should be part of our scheme? You know, the guys that lead them in scoring and are all star and stuff

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Fultz is lost on defense. Twice the opponent has blown around him and dished for a score.

I'm pretty sure that's not on fultz