Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Dec. 18th at 9:00 P.M.

3 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

This is not surprising.

No but pretty impressive 

in its own way

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

AG is a mess. These games are far to regular now for my liking. Something has got to give

yeah its quite sad. Really wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Not sure how we can keep playing him. His defence has even gone to ****. 

2 hours ago, harley said:

yeah its quite sad. Really wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Not sure how we can keep playing him. His defence has even gone to ****. 

His defense was fantastic last night

Something's up with him though. Beyond the dumb fadeaways his good shot attempts were flat and all over the place. 

I don't think his numbers were as bad as the box score because he had a 77 ft buzzer beater attempt and had 3 plays where he went straight to the rim and was obviously fouled but didn't get the call but, yeah, he was way off. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

AG is a mess. These games are far to regular now for my liking. Something has got to give

Just a guess, but late in the game when he was waiting for an inbound pass, it looked to me like AG's lower back was hurting him. It wasn't like he was trying to catch his breath, but more like he had a hard time straightening up. I have the same problem when my lower back acts up. Maybe he is trying to play through it, and since it is affecting his shot, he is deferring to others and letting them make plays. Of course, I could be totally wrong. They held out JI for a tight hammy, so if AG's back is tightening up, they probably would have held him out, too. 

I’m hoping AG comes around more, but still feel we need to cash out on him if the return is right. Where else are we going to improve our roster? Unless you think he has another level. I think he’s close to his ceiling and is mainly an energy guy with solid D most of the time (role player)#1 Fultz is the future at the one, #2 Evan is outplaying his contract now, future remains to be seen, #4 JI is the future and #5 Vooch isn’t going anywhere. The only spot to replace is AG or EF but we need his outside shooting if price is right. We already have Aminu and Okeke in AG spot. We need a younger Derozen type with a 3 shot at least 35% who can create when offense goes stale especially in playoffs when it’s a different game or we will be exposed again like Toronto did to us.

Just now, Magicpassion said:

I’m hoping AG comes around more, but still feel we need to cash out on him if the return is right. Where else are we going to improve our roster? Unless you think he has another level. I think he’s close to his ceiling and is mainly an energy guy with solid D most of the time (role player)#1 Fultz is the future at the one, #2 Evan is outplaying his contract now, future remains to be seen, #4 JI is the future and #5 Vooch isn’t going anywhere. The only spot to replace is AG or EF but we need his outside shooting if price is right. We already have Aminu and Okeke in AG spot. We need a younger Derozen type with a 3 shot at least 35% who can create when offense goes stale especially in playoffs when it’s a different game or we will be exposed again like Toronto did to us.

Evan seems to be doing us a favor and returning back to earth but we'll know more in time with him. 

We can cash in Gordon but I'm not really sure what we're supposed to get for him. A high volume wing is going to harm the development of fultz and Isaac. Gordon is taking 11.9 shots per game. Where is a high volume scorer getting the extra 4-6 shots per game. 

10 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Exactly. And we haven't been drafting a guy to develop into this spot. I guess the last player we drafted purposefully to fill this role was Mario. 

This is why we talk trades so much, how else are we going to get one.