Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Jazz - Tuesday, Dec. 17th at 9:00 P.M.

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

If you give them bigger roles you are impacted by their inconsistencies more. Fultz is playing the first meaningful basketball of his career and Isaac is trying to figure out how to play on offense. Sometimes it goes well. Sometimes it goes poorly. When Gordon and Vucevic were both out he had all the shots he wanted and was still incredibly tentative for large stretches despite having the green light to do whatever he wanted. 

But that’s not consistent enough. How’s a guy suppose to learn how to be something if you treat him as he’s something else? Fultz I get because of his injury but **** man, if you want to be good, got to treat as be treated like you are. You’re either going to be good or not. Keep treating a player  like they’re role players, that’s what they’ll be. These guys didn’t start playing yesterday 

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

But that’s not consistent enough. How’s a guy suppose to learn how to be something if you treat him as he’s something else? Fultz I get because of his injury but **** man, if you want to be good, got to treat as be treated like you are. You’re either going to be good or not. Keep treating a player  like they’re role players, that’s what they’ll be. These guys didn’t start playing yesterday 

We gave several players all the shots they wanted and they didn't become good players until they started to earn those shots on good teams. 

Isaac has a green light to take as many shots as he wants but it's up to him to figure out if they're good shots or not. And he's starting to figure that out lately. Handling him like that is going to pay dividends later. 

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We gave several players all the shots they wanted and they didn't become good players until they started to earn those shots on good teams. 

Isaac has a green light to take as many shots as he wants but it's up to him to figure out if they're good shots or not. And he's starting to figure that out lately. Handling him like that is going to pay dividends later. 

Not really talking about shots. I’m talking about the guys we got around those two. We have players who damper their strengths, not aid in utilizing them.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Not really talking about shots. I’m talking about the guys we got around those two. We have players who damper their strengths, not aid in utilizing them.

I mean, Fournier and Gordon should help fultz and Isaac. Gordon's just been bad lately. 

Vucevic doesn't really. But we didn't take advantage of that when he was out. Played the exact same way. And Birch was bad. But we're kind of in a weird situation at center with Bamba showing signs of life but also not really capable of starting. So I'm not really sure what we're supposed to do there short term. I would have let Vucevic go and pick up a solid short term starting center in the off-season but here we are. 

49 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean, Fournier and Gordon should help fultz and Isaac. Gordon's just been bad lately. 

Vucevic doesn't really. But we didn't take advantage of that when he was out. Played the exact same way. And Birch was bad. But we're kind of in a weird situation at center with Bamba showing signs of life but also not really capable of starting. So I'm not really sure what we're supposed to do there short term. I would have let Vucevic go and pick up a solid short term starting center in the off-season but here we are. 

That’s my point though. Should’ve never resigned Vuch. We did. Probably shouldn’t resign Fournier. Probably will. Should we trade AG? Probably but will we? Doubt it.

2 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Fournier is trying to get paid. Vuc just flat out sucks and handicaps the team. Trade them both. 

I am not a Vooch defender, but he doesn’t handicap the team anymore than some other guys. IMO:

Ross- good from 3 point when he’s on. Not really good on defense or as a playmaker for others. Ball hog.

AG- better than average defender (2nd best behind JI), and cutter on offense. ISO situations, and shooting in general seriously lacking most of the time

DJ- decent lately with his shooting. Defensive liability. We are better with Fultz running show when both are on floor.

JI- inconsistent shooting on offense. Starts cold. Great defense!

Fournier- having a decent run. Disappears too much on offense. Savvy. Defense just average. 

—————————————————-
On the good side...

Fultz- nada. Guy is getting better game to game. Crazy good passer and finisher at the rim. Some on our team may not be best fit for him because they can’t finish when he sets them up. 

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I agree with most of your analysis, but TRoss can play decent D when engaged.

Yeah. He loses guys off ball but he's fine on ball and gets deflections

• Upvote 1