Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Lakers - Wednesday, Dec. 11th at 7:00 P.M.

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The narrative that we are better without Vooch is silly now. We are not better without him. 

I don't think we are any better or any worse under normal circumstances. How he was playing before the injury would probably change my stance though. 

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

How has our offensive rating compared with Vuch in compared to when Birch has taken his place?   A lot of teams have centers who don’t score that well.  It’s fine if they have other scorers around them and the team moves the ball well enough to get decent looks (which we often do not). The center needs to bring rebounding and intensity on defense.  

I agree we don't need a scorer for a center but we need someone with a pulse at that end. 

During our best stretch last year Birch averaged 7 ppg in 15 minutes. As a starter this year he's averaging 4.9ppg in 28 mpg. 

The presumption was as a starter he's give us 9-12 ppg. 

So we're not really getting proof of concept here. Birch has been bad. Bad players don't provide great evidence for a shift in strategy. 

38 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The narrative that we are better without Vooch is silly now. We are not better without him. 

I don't get that idea either.  A career double double is a great start to build around which they apparently intended to do since they kept him until he was finally an AllStar.  I haven't watched this team for years because of the Howard debacle but I was rabid in the early years.  They can't find another point guard to go with a good big guy in the middle, didn't want to play defense for Skiles and I dunno how many other complaints I've had from afar as I see every sub-.500 season go by.   They look better this year in the win column, but they still have a lot to prove as far as being consistent.   I hope the players stick with Clifford.  He is trying to teach them how to win, all they have to do is listen.  And don't give up points easily.  Tough to convince young players that this is how you do it when it's now all about dunks and social media likes and shoe contracts.

I even wonder if there are any "grinders" out there any more who appreciate a work ethic as it used to be because they honestly love the game more than money.

1 hour ago, ole blue 32 said:

I don't get that idea either.  A career double double is a great start to build around which they apparently intended to do since they kept him until he was finally an AllStar.  I haven't watched this team for years because of the Howard debacle but I was rabid in the early years.  They can't find another point guard to go with a good big guy in the middle, didn't want to play defense for Skiles and I dunno how many other complaints I've had from afar as I see every sub-.500 season go by.   They look better this year in the win column, but they still have a lot to prove as far as being consistent.   I hope the players stick with Clifford.  He is trying to teach them how to win, all they have to do is listen.  And don't give up points easily.  Tough to convince young players that this is how you do it when it's now all about dunks and social media likes and shoe contracts.

I even wonder if there are any "grinders" out there any more who appreciate a work ethic as it used to be because they honestly love the game more than money.

This is a bad take