Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Cavaliers - Friday, Dec. 6th at 7:00 P.M.

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd like to have our starters have more minutes. Especially Evan..J.I and AG 

I’m with you - minutes distribution is horrible, especially when someone gets hot and his time is up

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd like to have our starters have more minutes. Especially Evan..J.I and AG 

I imagine we're keeping guys minutes low and we're going to ramp them up later in the season. Everyone's hovering around 30 for the season. Seems planned

31 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I imagine we're keeping guys minutes low and we're going to ramp them up later in the season. Everyone's hovering around 30 for the season. Seems planned

What are we waiting for though? The 7th seed? These guys are getting paid big time money to play and produce and battle for a playoff seed. I’d get this logic if we were coming off a championship and/or multiple deep playoff runs but we’re neither. Play the main guys 32-35mpg. There’s nothing to save them for, or from. 

6 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Considering Fultz hasn't played a lot since he came into the league AND with us bringing him along slowly this off-season, is it possible that he is still not in NBA basketball shape? Not that it matters. I see him huffing and puffing out there and am hopeful that it the case. I love his game and can't wait until he really shows what he's got. 

6 hours ago, magicblue said:

What are we waiting for though? The 7th seed? These guys are getting paid big time money to play and produce and battle for a playoff seed. I’d get this logic if we were coming off a championship and/or multiple deep playoff runs but we’re neither. Play the main guys 32-35mpg. There’s nothing to save them for, or from. 

Injury

7 hours ago, magicblue said:

It’s not like our guys aren’t laying it on the line every play as it is. I am no statistician, but I think there is a  point of diminished returns in play here. Others are going to have to step up.

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

It’s not like our guys aren’t laying it on the line every play as it is. I am no statistician, but I think there is a  point of diminished returns in play here. Others are going to have to step up.

The rest of the league seems to disagree with this logic

4 minutes ago, magicblue said:

The rest of the league seems to disagree with this

Clippers are doing a similar thing. 

This is kind of a new science. If we play well deep into the season and Toronto's play falls off a cliff due to fatigue or fatigue based inures then it was worth it. 

10 hours ago, magicblue said:

Coach is still trying different lineups.  He wants a couple guys who can shoot in the lineup at all times. Don't worry.  We gonna figure it out.

11 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I am OK with that strategy now even though I was a bit concerned at the start of the season.   I have always seen where you are at about game 20 tells a lot.  I thought we had a chance to come out of the gates hot and get ahead of the game but that did not happen.  Now I am liking what I see (I apologize for everything bad I said about Fournier and Ross to start the season even though they should have been better) with a whole lot of upside left to occur.  We want to be ready in March/April (especially if Fultz and Bamba (wish he would be given more minutes) continue to grow in their roles) and I could see us as very dangerous and not a team you want to play.

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I am OK with that strategy now even though I was a bit concerned at the start of the season.   I have always seen where you are at about game 20 tells a lot.  I thought we had a chance to come out of the gates hot and get ahead of the game but that did not happen.  Now I am liking what I see (I apologize for everything bad I said about Fournier and Ross to start the season even though they should have been better) with a whole lot of upside left to occur.  We want to be ready in March/April (especially if Fultz and Bamba (wish he would be given more minutes) continue to grow in their roles) and I could see us as very dangerous and not a team you want to play.

Same thing was said last year and Toronto steamrolled us. My issue with this logic is that we're basically locking ourselves into a lower seed and matchups against Mil, Boston, or Tor which are not favorable for us. That's assuming we make the playoffs of course