Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns - Wednesday, Dec. 4th at 7:00 P.M.

59 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No

Ha! he is better than that. In fact, I was surprised to see him turning the ball that much. He usually is a very good, experienced, high IQ basketball player.  

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ha! he is better than that. In fact, I was surprised to see him turning the ball that much. He usually is a very good, experienced, high IQ basketball player.  

magicdoc1 is Josh Magette 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Well yeah I don't think he'd turn the ball over at that rate typically but he's not good. He's not an NBA caliber player. He's smart and can run an offense but he can't really do anything else. There's a reason he's 30 and in the g-league. 

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Well yeah I don't think he'd turn the ball over at that rate typically but he's not good. He's not an NBA caliber player. He's smart and can run an offense but he can't really do anything else. There's a reason he's 30 and in the g-league. 

Why do we have him on one of our two way contracts then? Surely there is another developmental guy that we could give the spot to. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

14 minutes ago, Odin said:

Why do we have him on one of our two way contracts then? Surely there is another developmental guy that we could give the spot to. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

He can run an offense and pass the ball. And he can hit spot up threes. So the thinking is he was fultz insurance because in an emergency he can probably competently get the ball across the court and to our better players better than a developmental player. 

It's not how I would use the two way spot. I'd use two way spots on guys who are talented but flawed enough to not be worth a roster spot who weren't drafted in the previous draft. But what are you gonna do. 

4 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Anyone know why Clifford put Bamba back in for the last two minutes of garbage time?   On the second night of a back to back, no less.  

Wes got injured and was hobbling

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

magicdoc1 is Josh Magette 

Ha! I wish i have that talent to play at that level. 
He is not an NBA player but good enough to compete for a few minutes. He is just there in case  we need a back up PG. I mean, he is averaging 20 points, 9 assists and 5 rebounds with 3 3point shots per game this season in the G league.  He is not horrible. 

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ha! I wish i have that talent to play at that level. 
He is not an NBA player but good enough to compete for a few minutes. He is just there in case  we need a back up PG. I mean, he is averaging 20 points, 9 assists and 5 rebounds with 3 3point shots per game this season in the G league.  He is not horrible. 

He's competent that's for sure. He looks smooth and is a smart player. He would be fine as 3rd PG on a NBA roster

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

He's competent that's for sure. He looks smooth and is a smart player. He would be fine as 3rd PG on a NBA roster

Not really. A typical third point guard is like Yogi Ferrell or Shabazz Napier. He'd be pretty low end. 

Which is why he was given a chance as a third point guard, was terrible, and never asked to be one again. 

It's not like he's new. He's been in summer league for 7 years and shuffles between Europe and the g-league. He was on our summer league team in 2014. 

But there's only so many two way players that can reliably run an offense. 

He’s a AAAA player in the MLB. A damn stud in AAA but not really good enough to be in the MLB for more than a cup of coffee. Nothing wrong  with that. A lot of times those guys make good coaches, scouts and or in general just good culture guys for you bff players.