Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns - Wednesday, Dec. 4th at 7:00 P.M.

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This is going to sound really dumb but the thing I noticed most was some point in the second half he got a rebound and whoever the point guard was was getting pressed and he just casually in one motion went to the second option (which was Gordon) as an outlet. 

It sounds like a completely unremarkable exchange but Bamba of two weeks ago stops, analyses the defense, judges whether or not he can pass the ball to the point guard because that's where it's supposed to go, panics a little searching for help because he's unsure if the pass to Gordon is dangerous because it's cross court. And it causes gordon to have to come back to the ball. And this whole thing wastes 4 or 5 seconds. 

Not this time though. Bamba gets the ball, DJ covered, quick decision to get the ball out there to Gordon. Little things like that are important. 

I noticed that as well. I wonder if the game is beginning to slow down for him? If he starts picking these things up faster and seems to develop quickly over the next 5-10 games, we will know that the game has slowed for him; which would be a great signal. I remember when we saw that happen for Isaac - suddenly he seemed to develop a lot almost overnight because the game had slowed. Here's hoping!

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This is going to sound really dumb but the thing I noticed most was some point in the second half he got a rebound and whoever the point guard was was getting pressed and he just casually in one motion went to the second option (which was Gordon) as an outlet. 

It sounds like a completely unremarkable exchange but Bamba of two weeks ago stops, analyses the defense, judges whether or not he can pass the ball to the point guard because that's where it's supposed to go, panics a little searching for help because he's unsure if the pass to Gordon is dangerous because it's cross court. And it causes gordon to have to come back to the ball. And this whole thing wastes 4 or 5 seconds. 

Not this time though. Bamba gets the ball, DJ covered, quick decision to get the ball out there to Gordon. Little things like that are important. 

That is what I feel like I was seeing on defense too. He was moving and reacting, not hesitating.

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Good observation... I hope he focuses on playing within his game which imo is protecting rim and spotting at the 3 pt line. Keep it simple for now as he literally has no post game and the longer he holds the ball the more likely he turns it over; just move the ball for now and work on post in summer. 

Post game really isn't important. He just needs to be able to do two things around the paint. 1. Finish baskets strong when he gets the ball, either because of an offensive rebound or a teammates pass (he really shouldn't be bringing it in himself.) 2. Pass the ball out quickly if there isn't anything available to him. His 3 point shot already gives him a nice weapon that other teams need to respect (especially if he can keep hitting at similar levels). I wouldn't expect him to ever have much of a post game. Very few guys do these days and he really doesn't have the body for it.

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I look at the entire body of work. If at 27 Fournier just now gets it, it won’t be long until he loses it. I believe Fultz, like some of us said, puts him in his fitting role. Takes the ball out of his hands to create and instead lets a better fitting player create for him.

Same with AG. My thing with AG though is, over the entire body of his work, with us having a limited amount of ways to improve mind you, it’s now is he worth keeping or better utilized as an trade piece? 

My thing with AG is he’s still only 24, has never played with a legit pg until now, is a nasty defender, and is on an incredible contract. If a great trade comes along, I think we should look at it. However, I could see us moving Vooch before him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

My thing with AG is he’s still only 24, has never played with a legit pg until now

A million times this... Fultz, is having such a positive impact on the team as a whole by getting the ball to guys at the right place at the right time consistently. We haven’t had that in years!

Anyone know why Clifford put Bamba back in for the last two minutes of garbage time?   On the second night of a back to back, no less.  

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Anyone know why Clifford put Bamba back in for the last two minutes of garbage time?   On the second night of a back to back, no less.  

We only have 12 healthy players plus two way guys so we'll always have to play a regular player in garbage time

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We only have 12 healthy players plus two way guys so we'll always have to play a regular player in garbage time

Is Magette usually better? Because I felt we couldn't even see anything from the development guys (especially Johnson and Frasier) since he was busy turning it over 3 times in 2 minutes.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just thought they didn’t even want to play Bamba at all on back to backs but were forced to because of the Vuch injury, so I’m surprised to see Bamba getting garbage time minutes in a back to back.  

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I just thought they didn’t even want to play Bamba at all on back to backs but were forced to because of the Vuch injury, so I’m surprised to see Bamba getting garbage time minutes in a back to back.  

I don't think there's much difference between 16 and 18 minutes. 

41 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What 4thewin said with the note that it was Wes playing with the end of the bench guys and he tweaked an ankle so Clifford took him out

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Is Magette usually better? Because I felt we couldn't even see anything from the development guys (especially Johnson and Frasier) since he was busy turning it over 3 times in 2 minutes.

He looked rough

1 hour ago, Odin said:

No