Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Raptors - Friday, Nov. 29th at 7:00 P.M.

Not gonna lie y’all... I’m so sick and tired of playing and losing to Toronto... seems like no matter what we do or how we play that we just can’t beat them. I don’t get it. Playing great and off to a nice start, and then we let Norman freakin Powell score 19 in a quarter against us... glad to only have them one more time this season, and that one more time not be until April 

6 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

I can’t wait till we change this team up, I haven’t watched the last 5 games and I refuse to watch anymore until hennigans team is gone 

That's a little extreme, isn't it? With our salary situation, it probably is not possible to do a wholesale change? Aren't there guys worth watching like Fultz, AG, and JI? 

I started watching the game and the Magic had 53 points and it was close. For the next quarter and a half I saw some of the most frustrating offensive basketball I have ever seen. This team never (RARELY) cuts to the basket, all the offensive movement is away from the basket. I just don't get it. Very frustrating.

Nah i'm starting to feel the same way and i didn't even watch the game. Other teams scrubs always go off on us. We don't draft or get offensive players in a shooters league.

I watched the magic last spring because they were fun to watch, this is not fun. We suggest trades for years or low-Key free agents that could change the team.

We go out and sign Aminu and Biyombo on the first day of free agency(yes i know different years). Meanwhile teams all over the league are playing undrafted free agents who regularly put up more points then our starters. Guys coming off the bench to explode for 30+ points in a win for other teams.I can count on my ten fingers how many times our guys have even hit 20+ this year. A few of us come to this board suggesting trades for obtainable players like Dinwiidie and we get laughed off, meanwhile they blow up.

Not even asking for stars like Kawhi,Paul George, Kemba, Lilliard whoever! Just get a few guys who can shoot!  Teams making signings for cheap guys who can score like Bertrans, Baynes. Basically a whole bunch of players who do what our guys do for 1/3rd the price!

It gets old, real fast.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not sure if your agreeing with me or being sarcastic. The thing is i don't care about mistakes that other teams could make too. Trading Tobias wasn't a mistake.He is still the same player he was years ago when we traded him. What we got back was bad but we really needed a point guard and stretch 4. It just didn't work out.Mario was a mistake, but that draft was trash and we realized it quickly and got rid of him. 

No, the moves we make when every board and every media outlet realizes it from day one. Oladipo trade, everybody scratches head. Biyombo signing, everyone wonders why.Not drafting a point guard for 10 drafts, experts left speechless. Just about all of our small free agent moves the last 9 years, experts say we didn't expect that.You all are good fans because you talk yourselves into some of these moves but know they are bad.

I'm basically out on our current management until i see something. The Aminu signing and Okeke draft left a sour taste in my mouth. Also resigning Vooch and Ross made sense but as soon as it happened i knew they cared more about keeping their jobs then being bold. It was the safe move but a elite gm would have turned one of them into cap space or an asset. Not even going to give them a pass on Fultz, it was a unique situation. Only thing i'm giving them props for is Isaac.

And on a personal level i knew we were screwed when we fell out of the bottom 3 those two drafts.Yes this is really beating a dead horse. I feel like the basketball gods punished us for being such an inept organization.We are really starting to look like a 3rd tier franchise, just like my Dolphins. From the Dwight press conference, to the weird coaching hires, the Skiles power struggle and the whiteboard incident. We are being put into the Knicks or Kings ineptitude club. Luckily those teams are trading Porzingus or passing on Luka or we would probably be the worst!!!!!

Rant over.

4 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

That's a little extreme, isn't it? With our salary situation, it probably is not possible to do a wholesale change? Aren't there guys worth watching like Fultz, AG, and JI? 

Not when Fultz continually gives up the rock to Fournier and stands in the corner.

not when JI is benched when we need him.

not when the shell of AG seems to have taken over this season

no 

11 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I know, Fan. It's sad but true. I can't disagree with you about him.

You notice I've been quiet. I don't know what to say, not just about DJ but guys like Ross and company who turned it up last season to make it to the playoffs.

I am really disappointed in DJ and Ross.   zQMnPI.jpg

Edit: And then there is Fournier, dribbling the ball twice off his foot. I have never seen that done by a player on another team--kicking the ball maybe--but not dribbling the ball off their foot.

Evan lol should be a straight line driver or a spot up shooter ala reddick style. Not some great initiator of an offense. These clumsy things your speaking of has happened his whole career. Fultz should be the playmaker 100% or I would give Isaac more responsibility in that respect. But what do I know, Clifford is supposed to be a good coach, right. 

12 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Clifford is highly thought of by his players because he's methodical and measured in his coaching. He gives guys a lot of chances. The positives of that thought process are what we saw at the end of last year. The negatives are believing in guys like DJ past their usefulness because they were good last year. 

His offense isn't the problem.

Playing DJ is the problem.

Isaac being 22 is the problem.

Gordon having a bad first game back is the problem.

Ross earning a role that he's not living up to is the problem. 

I think the point is that having Augustin be so central to the offense when he’s on the court and have Fultz be more of a secondary ball handler when he’s on the court exacerbates DJ’s issues and limits the impact of Fultz. I’m more patient with Ross since he can take over games if he gets going, but it feels like DJ being in a pick and roll is too prevalent in the offense when he’s on the court, and Fultz being in a pick and roll is too rare when he’s on the court.

I don’t know how attributable that is to Clifford, but with the way our offense is functioning, especially at PG, it holds back our team imo.