Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Cavaliers - Wednesday, Nov. 27th at 7:00 P.M.

Just now, MARKELLE'S REVENGE said:

You said we would win too!

Indeed I did.. haha. I had a good feeling about tonight. I also think if AG comes back Friday we win the next 3 before we head west

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

My post was specifically regarding his minutes. He played 29 mins again tonight. Again his minutes will change when they change. It's obviously a process. Let the process play out. Cliff can't change the minutes until he gets the go ahead. 

I wonder what the thought process is to this. Is it a gradual thing where they want Fultz’s body to adjust to the minutes load and they’ll increase his minutes by increments after a number of games pass with no effects on Fultz? 

Obviously, I don’t think anyone has the answer, and taking Fultz slow is probably the right thing, but man, once he gets into that 33 MPG/ legit starter minutes area, I think he could explode.

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I still haven't been able to actually watch watch the games within the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me what Bamba is doing differently? Not the "he's trying" explanation. Is there anything basketball related that's allowing him to become more successful? 

His activity level is up. I do think some of that is focus and effort, but I also think he’s getting to his spots quicker, playing a little more aggressive and being better in his defensive positioning.

He still has these Bamba moments where he gets outrebounded by a player that shouldn’t outrebound him, he goes up too soft around the rim and it results in him missing a lay up on offense or giving up a lay up on defense and some bad moments in pick and roll defense, but overall, you’re seeing him take incremental improvements rather than severe regression.

• Upvote 2

Cliff just letting DJ get roasted by Sexton for like 4 straight minutes was certainly interesting. Glad to get a W.

5 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

His activity level is up. I do think some of that is focus and effort, but I also think he’s getting to his spots quicker, playing a little more aggressive and being better in his defensive positioning.

He still has these Bamba moments where he gets outrebounded by a player that shouldn’t outrebound him, he goes up too soft around the rim and it results in him missing a lay up on offense or giving up a lay up on defense and some bad moments in pick and roll defense, but overall, you’re seeing him take incremental improvements rather than severe regression.

Thanks! How'd he get those 5 3 balls? Of screens and leaking out to the 3 point line? If so were they finally good screens?

53 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ahh, that's so sweet! I am so happy to see a smiling, happy Bamba. He has to feel good about the extended minutes and improvements--however small--in his performance.

Baby steps, Mo, baby steps! You'll get there.

RDxcsB.jpg

Edit:  From one of my favorite songs of old, "I don't care how you get here. Get here if you can."

Overall, I think our team had a very good game. Bamba was killin it from the 3 and helped us keep our lead. He was great on offense, inconsistent on defense. Fournier was a beast. Mostly good except when he tried to do too much. Ross showed some life. DJ was just so so. Not sure why when DJ was running the show he would continually pin himself against the sideline. It's not his fault, but now that we have Fultz and we are getting a glimpse of what he can do, I just want DJ to go away. We need another type of backup PG. IMO, I think this was Fultz's best game. His defense was superb and he made some things happen on offense.  Still not a big fan of the DJ and Fultz on the court together. Very happy with the win. Nice overall game for the team. 

I love the Win! I still stand by what i said in the trade thread. If we could switch Bamba and Fournier for Dinwiddie and Allen I would do it in a heartbeat.

I bet they would love to put a 5 who can shoot the 3 next to Durant next year. It will take years for me to like Bamba.

5 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Overall, I think our team had a very good game. Bamba was killin it from the 3 and helped us keep our lead. He was great on offense, inconsistent on defense. Fournier was a beast. Mostly good except when he tried to do too much. Ross showed some life. DJ was just so so. Not sure why when DJ was running the show he would continually pin himself against the sideline. It's not his fault, but now that we have Fultz and we are getting a glimpse of what he can do, I just want DJ to go away. We need another type of backup PG. IMO, I think this was Fultz's best game. His defense was superb and he made some things happen on offense.  Still not a big fan of the DJ and Fultz on the court together. Very happy with the win. Nice overall game for the team. 

I root for DJ. . . I Iove DJ. But I agree with you about him running to the sideline and getting pinned. That is when I really get disappointed with him.

Stop it, DJ!!!  zQMnPI.jpg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I love the Win! I still stand by what i said in the trade thread. If we could switch Bamba and Fournier for Dinwiddie and Allen I would do it in a heartbeat.

I bet they would love to put a 5 who can shoot the 3 next to Durant next year. It will take years for me to like Bamba.

IWf4YS.gif

Be careful what you wish for. Some of you may recall when the Magic flipped Okafor and took Dwight during the Drafts. Initially, Dwight was not that good either although he was a top draft pick.

It took a little time for Dwight to develop into the dominant center he became. Dwight couldn't shoot 3 pointers either. Also, Dwight was bad at making free throws. nySONx.jpg 

Edit:  Long after Dwight had developed into a dominant center, there were criticisms that he needed to improve his footwork.