Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pistons - Monday, November. 25th at 7:00 P.M.

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last two games we've slowed down instead of increasing our pace. Not smart. 

It's funny (not haha funny), but each time the Magic had the ball, they seemed to be slow and there was too much dribbling by one player or another. I kept saying, "move the ball!"

To me, it prevented good, open looks at the basket. It also allowed what seemed to me like zone defense by the Pistons.

On the other hand, when the Pistons had the ball, they had Magic players scrambling all over the place because the Pistons were moving the ball and not doing a whole lot of dribbling. 

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I realize I am ignorant, but I am a little surprised that coach Cliff is sticking with his offensive scheme. It seems like a round peg in a square hole kind of thing. I would like to see more movement and cutting towards the basket. We either finish with pullup, a floater, at the rim ( dunk, layup), or hopefully get free-throws. I am not saying we shouldn't shoot some threes, but the refs usually reward teams with high energy and effort. 

Ohhh, don't ever say that, Just a reg. Magic Fan. You are not ignorant. Everyone on this board has an opinion. I have read your posts and value your assessments (as I do all posters) on this message board.

Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

Here here TrueMagicFan, I couldn’t agree with you more, unfortunately not everyone shares in that mind set. For the new posters just realize that some will give you a negative like the one I’ll probably get for writing this if you don’t agree with them. Don’t sweat it though, just speak your mind respectfully. The numbers mean nothing! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Detroit had a 109.7 offensive rating. That's pretty bad. 

103 points is meaningless without context of pace. 103 points on 101 possessions is great defense. 103 points on 95 possessions is terrible defense.

And our offensive rating was 92, which is the very worst of all 30 teams in their last game.  Our defensive rating wasn’t great by any means, but our offensive rating was off the charts terrible.  That’s the main reason we lost.  It gets back to your earlier point, which I agreed with, that we should play to the strength of this group by speeding up the pace.