Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pistons - Monday, November. 25th at 7:00 P.M.

12 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last two games we've slowed down instead of increasing our pace. Not smart. 

I was thinking the same thing.  We’ve got a faster team out there without having to go through Vuch, so why not take advantage?

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I was thinking the same thing.  We’ve got a faster team out there without having to go through Vuch, so why not take advantage?

I think it's because we're unable to create good shots so possessions take more time. We're forcing more turnovers but not getting a faster pace. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think it's because we're unable to create good shots so possessions take more time. We're forcing more turnovers but not getting a faster pace. 

I think thats to be expected with bench players taking up more time, we are lacking offensive chemistry with changes in the lineup. It was very obvious when Aminu/Wes and even DJ had the ball in their hands. Heck even Fultz was having trouble finding spots to drive when he was surrounded with our bench guys. Things looked better early in the game with more starters playing together.

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The whole idea of a faster pace from my standpoint, though, is to get down the court quickly enough so the defense doesn’t have a chance to get set.  That should make it easier to get good shots.  

This only applies after the other team misses, of course.  With our defense there’s usually plenty of those opportunities.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

The whole idea of a faster pace from my standpoint, though, is to get down the court quickly enough so the defense doesn’t have a chance to get set.  That should make it easier to get good shots.  

This only applies after the other team misses, of course.  With our defense there’s usually plenty of those opportunities.  

Maybe that's the issue. Our defense has sucked lately

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Maybe that's the issue. Our defense has sucked lately

I mean we held Detroit to 103.  Scoring 33 total points in the second half killed us last night.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Ding ding ding... we’re not forcing many misses these days, and when we do we usually give up the offensive board and a 3. The offense has been bothersome, but that’s how this roster is built. The defense has been inexcusably bad though 

I realize I am ignorant, but I am a little surprised that coach Cliff is sticking with his offensive scheme. It seems like a round peg in a square hole kind of thing. I would like to see more movement and cutting towards the basket. We either finish with pullup, a floater, at the rim ( dunk, layup), or hopefully get free-throws. I am not saying we shouldn't shoot some threes, but the refs usually reward teams with high energy and effort. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I realize I am ignorant, but I am a little surprised that coach Cliff is sticking with his offensive scheme. It seems like a round peg in a square hole kind of thing. I would like to see more movement and cutting towards the basket. We either finish with pullup, a floater, at the rim ( dunk, layup), or hopefully get free-throws. I am not saying we shouldn't shoot some threes, but the refs usually reward teams with high energy and effort. 

Isn’t this kind of what happened with Clifford in Charlotte? He had a solid offense built around Al Jefferson and then the game changed to perimeter and speed, the Hornets tried to keep up with the times and go young and fast and Clifford wasn’t nearly effective. He’s very comfortable coaching guys like Nik Vucevic and building his offense around that but not as much around a run and fun team.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I mean we held Detroit to 103.  Scoring 33 total points in the second half killed us last night.  

Detroit had a 109.7 offensive rating. That's pretty bad. 

103 points is meaningless without context of pace. 103 points on 101 possessions is great defense. 103 points on 95 possessions is terrible defense.