Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pacers - Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 7:00 P.M.

Clifford is losing all these games with his stubborn stupidity. Look at Raptors, Vanvleet and Siakam play more than 40 minutes vs Hawks tonight. Nurse is riding his young players to win games. Clifford plays Both Fultz and Isaac under 30...and then almost every game team is not prepared to play, opponents always want it more than us. And this offence is absolutely unwatchable, Augustin ovedribbles the ball all the time and then comes up with the turnover or a very awkward play, same with the soft Fournier...Ross is not a very smart player but normal coach would make him to take good shots not these uncontrolled , contested catch and shoot jumpers...anyway...the only hope is that Orlando gets a modern young coach one day and roster would change, can’t wait to see Fournier and Augustin go...

on a bright side, Isaac and Fultz have a huge potential and hopefully we won’t harass their improvement too much and not trade them...

• Like 1

Amen. They say the definition of insanity is doing the same **** over and over. This franchise is insane. I dream of the days we get a go to scorer. Hit with a second round pick. Don't trade away a top 2 player for an again Ibaka. Stop resigning mediocre vets like Vooch/Ross to big extensions. Its seriously demoralizing stuff.

5 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

Clifford is losing all these games with his stubborn stupidity. Look at Raptors, Vanvleet and Siakam play more than 40 minutes vs Hawks tonight. Nurse is riding his young players to win games. Clifford plays Both Fultz and Isaac under 30...and then almost every game team is not prepared to play, opponents always want it more than us. And this offence is absolutely unwatchable, Augustin ovedribbles the ball all the time and then comes up with the turnover or a very awkward play, same with the soft Fournier...Ross is not a very smart player but normal coach would make him to take good shots not these uncontrolled , contested catch and shoot jumpers...anyway...the only hope is that Orlando gets a modern young coach one day and roster would change, can’t wait to see Fournier and Augustin go...

on a bright side, Isaac and Fultz have a huge potential and hopefully we won’t harass their improvement too much and not trade them...

I agree with you that Clifford was bad tonight. He left the bench in for way too long in the 2nd quarter. Also thought JI and Fultz should’ve played the entire 4th, not just the last 7 minutes.

I’ve been preaching this since last year. Give JI the damn ball and let’s let the kid shine. Didn’t even get to watch the game but from the few plays I got to catch I could tell he was having a special night. This kid keeps putting together more and more of these games with more frequency and the sky is the limit for him. Also JI has way better handles than AG and looks like a legitimate initiator on offense. He just knows how to play basketball on both sides of the ball and is a great team player. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree with you that Clifford was bad tonight. He left the bench in for way too long in the 2nd quarter. Also thought JI and Fultz should’ve played the entire 4th, not just the last 7 minutes.

I don't disagree with you about coach Cliff. The yellow flag is up, and I have concerns. It could be a lack of overall talent, his offensive schemes, or our talent, and his offense are not a good fit. That said, late in the game, our guys looked fatigued because their 3's where way off the mark. He's probably trying to keep them fresh by keeping the bench in, and obviously, that's not working because the starters have to play catch up, and that is taking its toll. 

I think for me with Clifford it's that he won't deviate from when starters are due to come out at all. If one is hot, keep him in a little longer until he comes back down to earth play wise. Had this with AG a few games back, he was hot in the first quarter and took him out. Keep him in for a few more minutes.

The odd game where someone gets hot and plays a few extra minutes isn't going to have an impact on their health or cause them to fatigue. He allows the bench players extra minutes if they get hot, do the same with the starters. Issac isn't even playing high minutes for a starter, can easily give him more minutes when it's needed. 

Dunno, just find it really frustrating.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MagicJED said:

We have no players who can score and defend. It's Isaac's team period.

Even if you disagree, when Vuc is out a couple weeks and AG is out for a week minimum, Isaac is the guy.  

Fultz can do both.

I think your right; isaac will be the best player on the team with fultz also being great, but they are not there yet. They're developing players not in their prime. Hopefully isaac can score 25 a night. I am just not expecting it to happen this year or next game. It will be nice when it happens. 

10 hours ago, HardCutting Fultz said:

Birch is at least 2 times worse than Bamba 

Mo looked better last night. He just doesn't bring the hustle every night. If he did, he would be better. He has better tools. 

How many games has he played this year and it is only the second game I saw him 100% run. 

8 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Fultz can do both.

I think your right; isaac will be the best player on the team with fultz also being great, but they are not there yet. They're developing players not in their prime. Hopefully isaac can score 25 a night. I am just not expecting it to happen this year or next game. It will be nice when it happens. 

I am curious. Considering physical size is slightly smaller for offensive oriented players, and slightly taller and longer for defensive oriented players, which are easier to develop in regards to the other skill? In other words, did we heavily invest in the wrong skill? Should we be looking for scorers and hope we can turn them into defenders?

33 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am curious. Considering physical size is slightly smaller for offensive oriented players, and slightly taller and longer for defensive oriented players, which are easier to develop in regards to the other skill? In other words, did we heavily invest in the wrong skill? Should we be looking for scorers and hope we can turn them into defenders?

Svg liked finding a way to defend with your best offensive players. Turk, JJ, Nelson, and etc. Otis rarely picked non-shooters. It is a coaching and GM thing.

I don't know which way is better. I do know our gm has a preference with length. He also found the Greek freak this way. So far, he rarely looks for skilled offensive players, but the players he has brought in are still young and developing. We will need to see overtime. 

Half of the team and most of the starters, the gm inherited. You need to watch isaac, fultz, mo, khem, wes, okeke, mcw, and chief. Those are the players brought in by the gm. We will see how these players develop and impact the team.

So far, Fultz and isaac look like studs and mcw is a nice impact player. 

• Upvote 1