Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pacers - Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 7:00 P.M.

10 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I apologize in advance if that is not a sarcastic post but clearly those three examples you use,  they are great team players because they have all won NBA titles (which no on one player can win on their own) and made the players around them better.  In two of the cases (Jordan and Durant) they played for less money than they should have been paid (that is a team player).  Clearly all three players worked hard to expand and improve their games every year.  Clearly all three give your team the best chance to win a game at the end and should have the ball in their hands and clearly they have all won many games at the end.  At times they failed but never was it throwing up wide open bricks like we saw the other night.  Clearly, as the Pacer's game showed (just the most recent example), this is not Fournier.

It was in no way sarcasm. Clearly the major difference with Evan Fournier and Terrence Ross, compared to Kobe Bryant, is that Kobe was a team player. Evan, Ross, and Kobe...all 6'7", 205-210 lbs. That's just science. They should be just as good. And they would be, except they clearly only care about themselves. I mean, look at Kobe's record as a team mate. Look at Durant's. Look at Jordan's.

Jordan cared about his team so much he came back after they started to struggle when he quit on them to go play baseball (it had nothing to do with the fact that he sucked at baseball). And then when the owner threatened to do something he didn't like a few years later, he quit again. For the team. All for one and one for all, that was MJ.

Durant? Oh my Lord, this guy was so team oriented he waited until the last two teams he quit on actually lost a series BEFORE he quit. Nothing says team player like waiting until your team is wrecked by injuries to tell them you found someone else. Also, Durant:6'9", Aaron Gordon:6'9". Gordon should be ashamed of himself.

And Kobe? This man loved his team so much he chased off the most dominant big man in a generation. For the team. I mean, sure Shaq was still a dominant monster who was at times basically un-guardable. But he was also fat, and stealing Kobe's thunder. And clearly the best thing for the team was for Kobe to be the star. Kobe wasn't fat.

It's hard to watch the selfishness of guys like Fournier and Ross taking wide open shots and missing them sometimes, when guys like Kobe, Durant, and Jordan have shown us all that team players make all their wide open shots. I too have seen those guys miss shots at the end of games. But they were being fouled, by three players at a time, and they each had a hangnail, and the flu, and diabetes, and - if I remember correctly - Jordan only had one eye. And still, nine times out of ten, they put in the effort and found a way to make those shots.

Our guys are a bunch of lazy, selfish, jerks. Imagine if you had Kobe, along with the best Center of the generation, and All-NBA veterans at PF and PG. With Kobe's team-oriented leadership, you couldn't lose. You certainly couldn't fail twice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

It was in no way sarcasm. Clearly the major difference with Evan Fournier and Terrence Ross, compared to Kobe Bryant, is that Kobe was a team player. Evan, Ross, and Kobe...all 6'7", 205-210 lbs. That's just science. They should be just as good. And they would be, except they clearly only care about themselves. I mean, look at Kobe's record as a team mate. Look at Durant's. Look at Jordan's.

Jordan cared about his team so much he came back after they started to struggle when he quit on them to go play baseball (it had nothing to do with the fact that he sucked at baseball). And then when the owner threatened to do something he didn't like a few years later, he quit again. For the team. All for one and one for all, that was MJ.

Durant? Oh my Lord, this guy was so team oriented he waited until the last two teams he quit on actually lost a series BEFORE he quit. Nothing says team player like waiting until your team is wrecked by injuries to tell them you found someone else. Also, Durant:6'9", Aaron Gordon:6'9". Gordon should be ashamed of himself.

And Kobe? This man loved his team so much he chased off the most dominant big man in a generation. For the team. I mean, sure Shaq was still a dominant monster who was at times basically un-guardable. But he was also fat, and stealing Kobe's thunder. And clearly the best thing for the team was for Kobe to be the star. Kobe wasn't fat.

It's hard to watch the selfishness of guys like Fournier and Ross taking wide open shots and missing them sometimes, when guys like Kobe, Durant, and Jordan have shown us all that team players make all their wide open shots. I too have seen those guys miss shots at the end of games. But they were being fouled, by three players at a time, and they each had a hangnail, and the flu, and diabetes, and - if I remember correctly - Jordan only had one eye. And still, nine times out of ten, they put in the effort and found a way to make those shots.

Our guys are a bunch of lazy, selfish, jerks. Imagine if you had Kobe, along with the best Center of the generation, and All-NBA veterans at PF and PG. With Kobe's team-oriented leadership, you couldn't lose. You certainly couldn't fail twice.

Thank you and totally agree and an upvote for such a well versed and thought out post.  I am really disappointed in Ross's start this season.  I did not think he would be a contract year type of player but so far he is proving me wrong.

19 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Masterful!