Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Pacers - Saturday, Nov. 23rd at 7:00 P.M.

9 hours ago, MagicJED said:

It's a contract year, but it's a player option so how he plays only matters if he wants to stay in Orlando. He is not the type of person Ross is. Ross is the one who doesn't work on his game and cares more about getting his points. Fournier has improved since he got paid. Ross has regretted to the point where nothing but his shots matter. Before the "Human Torch" fun went to his head, Ross moved the ball, he went to the basket when closed out, and he played above average defense. He would have won an award last year if the rest of his game didn't fall off a cliff.

Until our front office starts finding better back court players and real shooters, then we can decide if we can upgrade over Evan. The way it stands right now, we are extremely fortunate to have Fournier. He is getting paid just right for what he produces. Until we have a guaranteed upgrade, we need him. If he plays the way he has this season, he is an All-Star level guy. He won't get voted because his game is not flashy.   

As fans, we can't forget how big these injuries hurt us in every aspect. It's going to take us time to learn to play without those guys. They are starters at positions that our backups have struggled at all season. Birch looks lost, Aminu and Iwundu are not in any rhythm , and despite Bamba having one of his best games, he was woefully inadequate. Augustin is just getting to the point where he can't physically carry the bench in every game, especially when Ross is not in the 20's some nights. Fultz has been amazing for sure, but we can't forget that he is still learning PG, the hardest position to learn.

We just have to try to stay close and steel some games so we can make a run when we have everyone back. This stretch will give us a good idea of the type of moves we need to make before the trade deadline.     

Birch didn’t “look lost”.  He had a positive +/- and history tells us he’ll look better with more playing time.  

As far as Ross is concerned, our ball movement absolutely stops when he comes in.  The scheme becomes pass it to Ross, who then shoots about 75% of the time, regardless of whether the shot is a good look.  If he misses a few in a row, which has mostly been happening, the other team goes on a run, and our offense grinds to a halt.  That dynamic needs to change quickly.  

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Birch didn’t “look lost”.  He had a positive +/- and history tells us he’ll look better with more playing time.  

As far as Ross is concerned, our ball movement absolutely stops when he comes in.  The scheme becomes pass it to Ross, who then shoots about 75% of the time, regardless of whether the shot is a good look.  If he misses a few in a row, which has mostly been happening, the other team goes on a run, and our offense grinds to a halt.  That dynamic needs to change quickly.  

we need to run that ft curl play more that he likes. He needs easier shots. He is gunning toy much from 3. The hard part to judge on ross is he shoots so high that it does not matter when a play is in front of him. He is coming back from injury and getting his rhythm, but he and isaac are players that can shot with players in front of them. They have very high releases. It is one of the reason that ross gets fouled on shots so much. 

He is a love or hate player though, because when he is missing - it looks bad, but when he is hitting - he looks unstoppable. We must hope the flame is on. 

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I think for me with Clifford it's that he won't deviate from when starters are due to come out at all. If one is hot, keep him in a little longer until he comes back down to earth play wise. Had this with AG a few games back, he was hot in the first quarter and took him out. Keep him in for a few more minutes.

The odd game where someone gets hot and plays a few extra minutes isn't going to have an impact on their health or cause them to fatigue. He allows the bench players extra minutes if they get hot, do the same with the starters. Issac isn't even playing high minutes for a starter, can easily give him more minutes when it's needed. 

Dunno, just find it really frustrating.

100% on this. To me his two biggest faults are this and the exact opposite of this where he won’t take a guy out even if he’s killing us. I want to give him a pass for the last 2 games strictly because of depth, but it’s not like it’s a new problem for him. I think he’s a good coach who’s really bad at in-game lineup adjustments.

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

we need to run that ft curl play more that he likes. He needs easier shots. He is gunning toy much from 3. The hard part to judge on ross is he shoots so high that it does not matter when a play is in front of him. He is coming back from injury and getting his rhythm, but he and isaac are players that can shot with players in front of them. They have very high releases. It is one of the reason that ross gets fouled on shots so much. 

He is a love or hate player though, because when he is missing - it looks bad, but when he is hitting - he looks unstoppable. We must hope the flame is on. 

We can’t create a game plan for the second unit based on hoping that one guy is hot every night.  We’ll lose a lot of games that way.  There needs to be good ball movement in the second unit also, not just throw it to one guy, have him shoot it, hope it goes in, rinse and repeat.  Otherwise, not only do we have trouble when he misses, but also the other four guys get stagnant on offense, and the whole team struggles. 

58 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We can’t create a game plan for the second unit based on hoping that one guy is hot every night.  We’ll lose a lot of games that way.  There needs to be good ball movement in the second unit also, not just throw it to one guy, have him shoot it, hope it goes in, rinse and repeat.  Otherwise, not only do we have trouble when he misses, but also the other four guys get stagnant on offense, and the whole team struggles. 

But we do need to get easy shots to our best shot makers.

12 minutes ago, LaVar said:

But we do need to get easy shots to our best shot makers.

Which requires much better ball movement than we've seen in the second unit so far.

13 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Evan has been a completely different ball player this year. Not nearly as much hero ball and forcing things. I’m actually enjoying his game and happy that he seems to have turned a corner. Maybe it’s just a contract year thing, who knows, but he’s made an effort to be more of a team player 

Did you miss the 3 point bricks he (along with Ross) threw up at the end of the game last night.  Wide open 3 pt. bricks I might add. I acknowledge he is playing better but he needs to turn the corner for someone else other than us.   If you cannot make any wide open shots at the end of an NBA game you are not a team player.   Holiday (2nd year player) nails a 3 while our veterans throw up bricks does not define a team player

46 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Did you miss the 3 point bricks he (along with Ross) threw up at the end of the game last night.  Wide open 3 pt. bricks I might add. I acknowledge he is playing better but he needs to turn the corner for someone else other than us.   If you cannot make any wide open shots at the end of an NBA game you are not a team player.   Holiday (2nd year player) nails a 3 while our veterans throw up bricks does not define a team player

I do wish we did not miss the rebound before Aaron's shot 

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, Originalticketholder said:

Yes, clearly missing shots is indicative of not being a team player. If they were putting the team first, they'd never miss at the end of games. I mean, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, what comes to mind? That's right, great team players. That's why they were so clutch. Durant? Clutch as hell. And no one is more about the team than Durant.

10 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Yes, clearly missing shots is indicative of not being a team player. If they were putting the team first, they'd never miss at the end of games. I mean, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, what comes to mind? That's right, great team players. That's why they were so clutch. Durant? Clutch as hell. And no one is more about the team than Durant.

I apologize in advance if that is not a sarcastic post but clearly those three examples you use,  they are great team players because they have all won NBA titles (which no on one player can win on their own) and made the players around them better.  In two of the cases (Jordan and Durant) they played for less money than they should have been paid (that is a team player).  Clearly all three players worked hard to expand and improve their games every year.  Clearly all three give your team the best chance to win a game at the end and should have the ball in their hands and clearly they have all won many games at the end.  At times they failed but never was it throwing up wide open bricks like we saw the other night.  Clearly, as the Pacer's game showed (just the most recent example), this is not Fournier.