Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Wednesday, Nov. 20th at 7:30 P.M.

Hot take: Until Fultz starts playing 30+ mins a game and DJ starts playing 6-8mpg less, we are going to continue to struggle. Markelle's minutes restriction is killing us and it's holding him back from what he is capable of, which seems to be quite a bit more than I ever imagined for this year. I appreciate the conservative approach to an extent but, unless the guy is still experiencing an unusual amount of shoulder pain, its time to up his minutes and start increasing his role.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Hot take: Until Fultz starts playing 30+ mins a game and DJ starts playing 6-8mpg less, we are going to continue to struggle. Markelle's minutes restriction is killing us and it's holding him back from what he is capable of, which seems to be quite a bit more than I ever imagined for this year. I appreciate the conservative approach to an extent but, unless the guy is still experiencing an unusual amount of shoulder pain, its time to up his minutes and start increasing his role.

I am excited, too. However, I believe we need to pump the brakes on this one. There is no point in rushing Fultz back and risk a relapse. He's too valuable. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, magicblue said:

It's not even a hot take. 

It isn't even that DJ is bad. He just doesn't fit what we need on the bench so his good games are still detrimental. He's a half court point guard in a lineup that can only succeed by converting defense into offense. 

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It isn't even that DJ is bad. He just doesn't fit what we need on the bench so his good games are still detrimental. He's a half court point guard in a lineup that can only succeed by converting defense into offense. 

I know :)

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

If Vooch is out long term, I hope WeltHam doesn't get desperate. It looks like we aren't going to be very good this year anyway, so there is no need to pour gasoline on the fire with a dumb move. I would rather see us keep our resources and lose and hold out for the right long term move. Maybe we can pick up a big on the cheap.

In my opinion, we were trending in the right direction before the injuries. 

8 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am excited, too. However, I believe we need to pump the brakes on this one. There is no point in rushing Fultz back and risk a relapse. He's too valuable. 

That's the conundrum

3 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I saw 2 plays that looked legit. The block and the layup. Coach Cliff saying Bamba looked better this year than last to the press is him just saying the right things. Looking at his face during the game tells a different story (he was disgusted with a lot of things, including Bamba). As many have been saying. Bamba does have some skill, so I agree that it may be premature to give up on him. It's probably just going to take longer than many of us hoped for when we drafted him. 

I assure you, I have been one the the most critical of Mo. I am no Mo zealot. I have been critical to the point that I was told I was drunk, bias, hyperbolic, meandering and condescending about Mo, so please know, I have no problem saying when Mo is making plays that are "Game Losing Plays".

I was told, by a forum HIGHLY respected person, that Mo is currently a plus player, a top 10 shot blocker, and is not a reason for our short comings, regardless of how badly he has failed my personal eye test. The numbers don't lie and my thoughts were exaggerated and did not matter.  Therefore, I have taken a wait to see approach and God has immediately blessed me and this individual with an abundance of Mo. Now, those that wanted more of mo for develop and growth will get what their heart's desire. I think people need to be careful in what they hope for in life. It is bad to blindly go by stats, because there is a human element. 

Personally, I dont currently like what I see from Mo, but I am going to try to soak in all the goodness that mo has to offer. Statically, we are told, he is not a bad player. We will now see and I AM WATCHING.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Haha that's dramatic

lol. I have a little time before work, but those things were said and I am watching. 

Ready or not, mo is coming. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I think we have seen this a couple of times now. How do you feel about Coach Cliff playing both DJ and Fultz together late in the 4th quarter? 

I agree with Lavar on Mo, while stats may say one thing the eye test seems to say another. I will put my trust in the development plan, but to be frank I see Bamba as a role player and if he buys into that; we’ll see. I’m hopeful! I’m curious how we are going to address our offensive situation. As it stands now without any improvements we will be lucky to get out of 2nd round. We will have to cash in some chips at some point with our overlap. Who will be the causality? AG has the most value and a marketable deescalating contract plus I think JI is best at the 4. A 2 way 3 and some 3 point shooting in 1 or 2 players would really balance us out  better. 

11 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I agree with Lavar on Mo, while stats may say one thing the eye test seems to say another. I will put my trust in the development plan, but to be frank I see Bamba as a role player and if he buys into that; we’ll see. I’m hopeful! I’m curious how we are going to address our offensive situation. As it stands now without any improvements we will be lucky to get out of 2nd round. We will have to cash in some chips at some point with our overlap. Who will be the causality? AG has the most value and a marketable deescalating contract plus I think JI is best at the 4. A 2 way 3 and some 3 point shooting in 1 or 2 players would really balance us out  better. 

Its gotta be AG. Maybe Fournier if we think he's opting out