Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Raptors - Wednesday, Nov. 20th at 7:30 P.M.

Please, nobody take this the wrong way... I love Nik and I hope he gets healthy soon...

but, assuming Aaron gets healthy sooner, I’m actually pretty damn excited to see what a starting 5 of Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Birch can do playing fast and swarming on D

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Please, nobody take this the wrong way... I love Nik and I hope he gets healthy soon...

but, assuming Aaron gets healthy sooner, I’m actually pretty damn excited to see what a starting 5 of Fultz/Fournier/Isaac/Gordon/Birch can do playing fast and swarming on D

It is a silver lining to the situation that we'd be able to have an extended proof of concept test of the thing we've been talking about forever. 

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah I'd like to see that too. Could be a silver lining in a sense

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

It is a silver lining to the situation that we'd be able to have an extended proof of concept test of the thing we've been talking about forever. 

I pretty much said the same thing hahaha. I agree totally

26 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The absolute minimum Crawford can make is almost double the cost of magette and Frazier. Frazier makes 1.4 million. Magette makes $4,800 every day he's on the active roster with a maximum of $214k 

Crawford would be at 2 6 million. 

Not saying I want Crawford, but arent there rules around vet min contracts to keep them from being to onerous cap wise for teams?

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Hard to say. I don't have any experience with professional athletes so I don't know what kind of multipliers to use. 

Also I could be full of **** and it's just a sprain and he's using more exaggerated language than I would for a sprain. 

I think he rolled it and it's a sprain.  Not sure if he's ever had one before, and if not, it will seem pretty bad at first.

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We played better two years ago when Vuch went out with an injury for a month and Birch got to play.  History doesn't repeat itself exactly but Birch brings an edge and excellent defensive footwork, and it seems to be contagious after he's out there for awhile.

We're also faster with Birch instead of Vuch.

28 minutes ago, Odin said:

Not saying I want Crawford, but arent there rules around vet min contracts to keep them from being to onerous cap wise for teams?

My understanding is the team pays about $1.6M of a vet minimum and the league pays the rest with the total based on years in the league.

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Don't know,, it's not exactly like we've been planned and trained all the preseason to play a certain style, and coach Clifford is not going to change it in a few days and with no time to train between games. It's definitely something I (and probably many others) would have liked to see, but not as a result of a injury in the middle of the season.

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I wouldn't be thankful yet. 

His ankle didn't roll. Vucevic is a tough guy. That's not an ankle sprain reaction. Bet it's broken. 

If Vooch is out long term, I hope WeltHam doesn't get desperate. It looks like we aren't going to be very good this year anyway, so there is no need to pour gasoline on the fire with a dumb move. I would rather see us keep our resources and lose and hold out for the right long term move. Maybe we can pick up a big on the cheap.

10 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I can't even figure out how augustin being -27 makes sense. Bamba was only -12. Vucevic was +1. Birch was -3. 

Bamba played okay this game. There was only 2-3 times he made a play I did not like... example, the play when they scored at end of the clock, he was the last one down the floor and touching the paint. If he would have sprinted he could have challenged the late shot. 

He did okay this game. Those that want more mo bama and think he is a difference maker, we will see. Maybe he is a player that does better with out much competition. Some people don't like looking over their shoulder. Maybe this will be the fire he needs. 

Bottomline, we will see what team looks like with out Vuch - good or bad.

22 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Bamba played okay this game. There was only 2-3 times he made a play I did not like... example, the play when they scored at end of the clock, he was the last one down the floor and touching the paint. If he would have sprinted he could have challenged the late shot. 

He did okay this game. Those that want more mo bama and think he is a difference maker, we will see. Maybe he is a player that does better with out much competition. Some people don't like looking over their shoulder. Maybe this will be the fire he needs. 

Bottomline, we will see what team looks like with out Vuch - good or bad.

I saw 2 plays that looked legit. The block and the layup. Coach Cliff saying Bamba looked better this year than last to the press is him just saying the right things. Looking at his face during the game tells a different story (he was disgusted with a lot of things, including Bamba). As many have been saying. Bamba does have some skill, so I agree that it may be premature to give up on him. It's probably just going to take longer than many of us hoped for when we drafted him.