Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs Spurs - Friday, Nov. 15th at 7:00 P.M.

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I think Fultz is going to be what we hoped Payton would be: good D, creation, dimes and a serviceable shot.

Hopefully that’s the floor of what he can be, I still think the kid has his superstar ceiling. I’m more confident now in that than I was when we traded for him.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Hopefully that’s the floor of what he can be, I still think the kid has his superstar ceiling. I’m more confident now in that than I was when we traded for him.

I am happy to hear it, of course; however, I am curious as to why you feel his ceiling is so high. What would make Fultz have to do to make himself a superstar?  He already does a good job facilitating, finishing at the rim, and hitting his FTs. Where should he look to improve? Be more assertive? Become virtually unstoppable when it counts?

26 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I am happy to hear it, of course; however, I am curious as to why you feel his ceiling is so high. What would make Fultz have to do to make himself a superstar?  He already does a good job facilitating, finishing at the rim, and hitting his FTs. Where should he look to improve? Be more assertive? Become virtually unstoppable when it counts?

I think it starts with developing a respectable jumper, adding a move or two to his game and getting to the free throw line consistently. He’s already better on defense than I thought he was, but maybe my bar for that is just super low based on watching EP and DJ start for so many years 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think it starts with developing a respectable jumper, adding a move or two to his game and getting to the free throw line consistently. He’s already better on defense than I thought he was, but maybe my bar for that is just super low based on watching EP and DJ start for so many years 

I don't even think it's that. I think it's usage. I think if we had a fultz p&r based offense and played him 34mpg he'd start putting up major numbers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I like your thinking:)

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't even think it's that. I think it's usage. I think if we had a fultz p&r based offense and played him 34mpg he'd start putting up major numbers

I agree with that. It definitely comes down to lifting the minutes restriction and giving him the keys to the car eventually. I can’t wait until we eventually run an uptempo offense based around Fultz, JI and hopefully AG. 

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This. For sure. I expect to see him run things more as the season progresses and the team is more comfortable that he can run the offense without his youth costing us games.

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I agree. I have been pushing for this from the coach. Fultz makes everyone on the team better with his passing and play making. When he is in we need to do mostly pick and roll with him. It makes him an offensive threat and it is better than him sitting in a corner unguarded. Coach has the plays, he coached kemba walker to be an allstar. I am waiting for him to unleash fultz, but this is up to the coach and the doctors/upper management. He is on a minute restriction. 

The last game (spurs) was a glimpse of what fultz can do. Fultz can be a problem for opposing defenses. The team's scheme is the only thing stopping him from be so....

On 11/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Good win. Clawed back into that one

It was a very good win.  Second game in a row we beat a team with a better record than ours. 

This game was really like two separate games.  First half extremely lethargic, many turnovers, out hustled, just didn’t look like we wanted to play hard.  Cliff must have lit a fire under them at halftime because we were a different team in the second half.