Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs 76ers - Weds., November 13th at 7:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Fultz Short/Midrange game look decent. His set shot 3 point "jumper" is concerning. Is it a strength thing or mental thing?

Apparently in a recent story it said he wasn't allowed to shoot further than 15 feet until late June. That might have something to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Fultz Short/Midrange game look decent. His set shot 3 point "jumper" is concerning. Is it a strength thing or mental thing?

It's probably a mix of both - I believe he wasn't allowed to shoot distance until fairly recently, so his strength probably isn't up there yet; he hasn't had sufficient repetitions as a result of the cautious approach to his shoulder's rehab. That is also probably affecting his confidence in both the shot and the shoulder; he may be anticipating a recurrence of the pain giving him a bit of the "yips" from the 3-pt line. I think additional reps (assuming no relapse) will contribute to curing both, as he was a reasonable college 3-pt shooter, and frequently hit NBA range shots then. 

21 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

All I know is I’m glad we’re not the ones paying Tobias anymore.... woof...

Tough start for Tobias, currently shooting just over 20% from 3-pt; I expect that to improve, as he is a career 36% from three. I do like me some Kyle O'Quinn though - I forget what a good passer he is, and apparently he has added a 3-pt shot as well. He doesn't take a lot of them, but he is 5-12 so far this year for 41.7%. Certainly enough to keep you honest. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Horford had 6 points on 2 of 5 shooting against Bamba. Not really eating his lunch...

Bamba is still weird in games. Don't ever feel great about his minutes but then I go back and look the next day and his defensive metrics resemble what an elite defensive center would look like. So I'm not sure what that means. 

The eye test with him is so discordant from his lineup stats.  You'd swear he's killing us by just watching him.  I think it's the fact that his errors are really egregious and his good plays are in the "yeah, that's what should've happened there" category. 

Like, the Horford blow by -- horrible close out & recovery.  Memorable.
McConnell squeezing by him on the baseline for layups -- egregious.  Memorable.

Catches a lob -- not surprising.
Hits an open 3 -- not surprising.
Rotates appropriately, contests a shot -- should be routine.

His bad plays are just so bad they stick with you.

17 minutes ago, ML6 said:

The eye test with him is so discordant from his lineup stats.  You'd swear he's killing us by just watching him.  I think it's the fact that his errors are really egregious and his good plays are in the "yeah, that's what should've happened there" category. 

Like, the Horford blow by -- horrible close out & recovery.  Memorable.
McConnell squeezing by him on the baseline for layups -- egregious.  Memorable.

Catches a lob -- not surprising.
Hits an open 3 -- not surprising.
Rotates appropriately, contests a shot -- should be routine.

His bad plays are just so bad they stick with you.

Yeah. And a lot of the good plays he has are recoveries after his bad plays. Like I'm pretty sure if I'm remembering this right against Indiana he had an easy rebounds taken from him by holiday. Then he blocked his layup attempt. 

• Upvote 1

I dont know why Cliff keeps letting Gordon ISO the ball so much. His handles aren't all that great... we should be calling JI and Fournier plays as they have been the most steady and consistent scorers on the team outside Vuc

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

Did everyone see that Vuch block?  Didn't realize he still had it in him.  After his slow start and management calling him out for not coming in to the season prepared perhaps he's turning a corner! 

I think this was because he was playing for his country. He was working just not with our staff like last year. 

4 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I dont know why Cliff keeps letting Gordon ISO the ball so much. His handles aren't all that great... we should be calling JI and Fournier plays as they have been the most steady and consistent scorers on the team outside Vuc

I’m not sure anyone on this team should be getting ISO plays. We need consistent, motion offense to get good shots. PS I don’t know who downvoted your post, so even though I mostly disagree, I upvoted to “even it out ”.

4 hours ago, LaVar said:

Did everyone see that Vuch block?  Didn't realize he still had it in him.  After his slow start and management calling him out for not coming in to the season prepared perhaps he's turning a corner! 

4 hours ago, LaVar said:

I think this was because he was playing for his country. He was working just not with our staff like last year. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone posted in another thread that Vuch was in China.

Last night, I had just switched the channel to FSFL and caught part of the pregame interview with Vuch. Whoever was interviewing Vuch must have asked him why he didn't workout with the Magic this past summer. 

I did not actually hear the question, but I heard Vuch say, "I wanted to be here last summer", as he awkwardly turned and walked away.

disappointed the sandlot GIF

Did anyone else see that?

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone posted in another thread that Vuch was in China.

Last night, I had just switched the channel to FSFL and caught part of the pregame interview with Vuch. Whoever was interviewing Vuch must have asked him why he didn't workout with the Magic this past summer. 

I did not actually hear the question, but I heard Vuch say, "I wanted to be here last summer", as he awkwardly turned and walked away.

disappointed the sandlot GIF

Did anyone else see that?

august 31 - september 15 2019 vuc was playing the world cup for Montenegro. Plus, he probably had to practice some. Therefore, he probably wanted to be more in Orlando, but a lot players feel obligated to play ball for their country. He played about 119 mins and Ave 28.8 mins a game. 

World Cup Info