Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs 76ers - Weds., November 13th at 7:00 PM

1 minute ago, ~O~ said:

I have no read on this game.  Didn't watch.  Can't tell what happened.  

Bench energy.

Good Vucevic defense.

Gordon hit his threes but had a sub par game until the fourth quarter when he woke up on the defensive end and started dropping dimes. 

Put on the clamps in the fourth and doubled their offense. 

• Upvote 1

If the problem with fultz is that he doesnt handle the ball enough (with the starting unit) and DJ handles it way too much (with the second unit) why not switch them back?. It would give Fultz alot more control of the ball and DJ less control of the ball playing with Gordon and Fournier.

2 minutes ago, BBROSS said:

If the problem with fultz is that he doesnt handle the ball enough (with the starting unit) and DJ handles it way too much (with the second unit) why not switch them back?. It would give Fultz alot more control of the ball and DJ less control of the ball playing with Gordon and Fournier.

It would be better for fultz but worse for the team. 

22 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

But, that's exactly what they did last spring. We just need a leader.

We have the ability to and occasionally we grind out games.

Unfortunately, that has not been the case this season. Tonight is the first time this year that we pulled it out. If Ross and Fournier miss those 3's we would have had difficulty. We can't just start chucking 3's once we lose the lead late in games  like we did in the 3rd because we dug a dangerous hole. He won't get much credit by Augustin was the catalyst that got us back in the game in the 3rd and he gave found the 2 shooters in the 4th who built the lead. MCW gets most of the credit, but tonight it was DJ.

Tonight excepted, we have not finished well, and a bunch of the problems are because we let teams stay too close. Their are parts in games where we need to grind it out on defense so that we can increase or maintain leads. Having a 2 minute dropoff on offense (usually because we go 3 point happy and miss) and losing 10 point leads is unacceptable. We are just not a great offensive team, so we have to win other areas of the game to secure victory. I'm glad that we fought enough tonight, but it needs to become a habit again. 

It's clear that our guys don't like grinding out games when we are not making shots. But, it's something that we need to learn to love in order to win when the playoffs roll around. Habits like that are one reason   you want vets. But, either way, do it in the regular season is what develops that hunger and aggressiveness. We have done well during the stretches we grind out games, but we leave several opportunities on the floor every season because we weren't ready early or even late in games. 

9 hours ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

You my friend are asking for down votes! Our Fans can't handle questioning our Coach.  Like it or not at some point you've got to hold him accountable.

Coach Cliff isn't perfect. Nobody is, but hold him accountable for what? Missing shots? Turnovers? Missing free throws? Not coming to the ball on defense? Personally, I think he is doing an okay job. For example, he said in the after game presser that he talked to Chief about reducing his minutes temporarily so that he can give our skill players some more playing time in hopes of getting them into a rhythm and increasing our scoring production. Are there other coaches who bring other systems that I would like to see us play? Sure, but I think that is pretty good coaching. He is aware of the problem and is doing what he can to fix it with the players he has.

Meant to post this last night...

While I love his upside, Fultz has a long way to go as a starting pg. Teams are clearly sagging on him, which then clogs the lane for everyone else. We really need him to develop an outside shot, otherwise he’s looking like Livingston.

Bamba, meanwhile, is a real concern to me. He’s playing with slow footwork and instincts, and Horford ate his lunch last night. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Coach Cliff isn't perfect. Nobody is, but hold him accountable for what? Missing shots? Turnovers? Missing free throws? Not coming to the ball on defense? Personally, I think he is doing an okay job. For example, he said in the after game presser that he talked to Chief about reducing his minutes temporarily so that he can give our skill players some more playing time in hopes of getting them into a rhythm and increasing our scoring production. Are there other coaches who bring other systems that I would like to see us play? Sure, but I think that is pretty good coaching. He is aware of the problem and is doing what he can to fix it with the players he has.

Hold players accountable for Hero ball, Poor defense, and Effort.

Maybe do a better job at making in game adjustments. Although, what can we expect when the coach can't interpret what's going on out on the court during play.  He can't grasp anything without going back to watch the tape....Just listen to his presser's.

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

While I love his upside, Fultz has a long way to go as a starting pg. Teams are clearly sagging on him, which then clogs the lane for everyone else. We really need him to develop an outside shot, otherwise he’s looking like Livingston.

Bamba, meanwhile, is a real concern to me. He’s playing with slow footwork and instincts, and Horford ate his lunch last night. 

Opponents sagging really isn't having any negative impact though. Our offense and defense were great last night with our starting lineup. And the starting lineup has been great on the season. 

Horford had 6 points on 2 of 5 shooting against Bamba. Not really eating his lunch...

Bamba is still weird in games. Don't ever feel great about his minutes but then I go back and look the next day and his defensive metrics resemble what an elite defensive center would look like. So I'm not sure what that means. 

48 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fultz Short/Midrange game look decent. His set shot 3 point "jumper" is concerning. Is it a strength thing or mental thing?