Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Assuming this would not wait for mid-December, Derozan for Fournier+DJ seems to work but I don't see any major benefit for both teams...

Now, Gordon+Fournier for Derozan+Walker+K.Johnson+White(or a pick) would also work and would look more reasonable.

8 minutes ago, harley said:

simons looks to be a star. id do anyone but isaac for him

Seriously guys, this is the thinking we need to embrace.Not saying he will be but if we don't take a chance, I could see Boston taking on a bad contract to get him, same with the Thunder.

• Like 1

Instead of trying to add scoring to fix our broken team, I'd rather make some moves so we can play a style that suits our core roster.

We have so many decent role players that are all OK options but not great (yet). I think Fultz can be a great option if we used him more, we run 2 plays in a row that he does something good, then we go to Fournier or AG for a few and nothing happens.

We have 11 players that could fill a role on this team (adding in Wes to what rotation we play), that is too many, I'd like to see us move 3 guys for 1 upgrade. I'd give my left nut for a Vuc, Evan and DJ trade for an athletic 2 that fits our mold. If Bamba and Birch aren't ready for the full C rotation and we can't make up the difference with AG or Isaac small ball then make a move for some vet C who can set screens and run the floor with solid D.

We need to play to our young cores strength. We look so good when we play patches of fast pace offense.

• Upvote 1

Is this for real?!?!

I post proposals of trades in a topic that has been created for this purpose,  describing the points to support my opinion and still get down voted... Is it supposed to be like this?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Is this for real?!?!

I post proposals of trades in a topic that has been created for this purpose,  describing the points to support my opinion and still get down voted... Is it supposed to be like this?

Don't worry about it. It's meaningless. They don't correspond to anything. 

Unless you get to -100. Then there's precedent to ban you. 

7 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Don't worry about it. It's meaningless. They don't correspond to anything. 

Unless you get to -100. Then there's precedent to ban you. 

Thanks. It is good to know the low importance it has... at least for now... Maybe now I'm getting tempted to get down to that -100. :)

Now seriously, I just find it a bit unfair... I've read opinions in here that I don't really agree but still, I believe that nobody should be "down voted" for expressing his/her point of view...

• Upvote 1

Screw it, i like Evans feel for the game but he simply has reached his ceiling. Bring on Derozan. If all it cost was Fournier and Aminu i say bring it on!

Then get lasik surgery for everyone else and hope they hit all the wide open 3's from Derozans mid-game.

Just want to add that Vooch is going nowhere. He's here for the contract.However, there is no need to trade Bamba. Only need to trade him if he is filler for a 20+ scorer.

5 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

By this do you mean his shooting will fall off a cliff and he'll be out of the league in 4 years or what?

Rodrigue Beaubois was an alright player who Dallas thought was elite and untouchable after a 40 point game because they thought he was a star. 

They could have traded for Carmelo Anthony but wouldn't include him in the deal to make it happen. 

Turns out he was fine. Not great. Fine. Then injuries derailed his career. 

So the lesson is, sometimes you have to ignore the narrative you get from teams because they might be misevaluating their young guy. It doesn't make sense to dump a bunch of assets to get a guy when you don't really have any evidence of what he can be yet. Maybe Simons is someone that's going to be great. Maybe he's Jordan Clarkson. We don't know yet. So it doesn't make sense to blow up the team today to get that guy. 

35 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Rodrigue Beaubois was an alright player who Dallas thought was elite and untouchable after a 40 point game because they thought he was a star. 

They could have traded for Carmelo Anthony but wouldn't include him in the deal to make it happen. 

Turns out he was fine. Not great. Fine. Then injuries derailed his career. 

So the lesson is, sometimes you have to ignore the narrative you get from teams because they might be misevaluating their young guy. It doesn't make sense to dump a bunch of assets to get a guy when you don't really have any evidence of what he can be yet. Maybe Simons is someone that's going to be great. Maybe he's Jordan Clarkson. We don't know yet. So it doesn't make sense to blow up the team today to get that guy. 

What are your thoughts about our team now that we have a few games under our belt? Are we misevaluating any of our guys? Is there a core group (or player) that is untouchable, or is anyone and everyone available for the right price?