Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

5 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Blowing it up doesnt make sense but we SHOULD 'retool'. We can trade Vooch and still be competitive (or at least we could have when Isaac was still healthy).

If I'm WeltHam I trade Evan to PDX for Simons, Little, and Bazemore. Gives us a solid stopgap and two upside guys.

I also trade Vooch to Boston for Hayward. maybe not straight up, but I'd find a trade there that works.

I think Khem can play starter minutes at C full time, but if you are not of that belief, there are plenty of cheap centers available by free agency or trade (Noah, Dedmon, etc.)

Fultz/Bazemore/Hayward/AG/whoever

Ross/DJ/MCW/Iwundu/Simons

Little can play down in Lakeland to develop.

Cut Amile

And you have a squad

Portland wouldn't trade Simons, Little, and Bazemore for Evan. Drummond is going to be salary filler and a pick. That sets the market for starters on an expiring deal

Again. If they love Simons as much as they're saying they wouldn't trade him for fournier. If they would trade him for fournier then we shouldn't want him because the only reason people talk about Simons is because Portland tells everyone how much they love him. 

There's nothing to say right now that Simons is going to be a good NBA player. He's a point guard that's not good at point guard things. He's a shooter that can't shoot very well. He's a terrible defender. He doesn't get to the line. We have no college ball to judge him off of. He was the 10th ranked prospect in a poor draft class which is fine but that carries significantly different weight than like the 3rd ranked prospect. He was the 24th pick. 

I'm sure he's fine. He's a rotation player in his second year which is commendable. It's not like he's terrible. I don't doubt he's an NBA player he has some solid games and some bad games. I'm just not really sure why he's coveted. What makes him different than Shabazz Napier?

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah the best way to develop fultz and Isaac is totally to teach them that as soon as things get tough you quit. 

We can change this roster without trying to lose as much as possible. 

Our management does a pretty good job historically drafting outside of the top 5. 

I agree 110%. I was thinking to myself, as much as I wanted Vuch and Fournier gone, I'm having somewhat of a change of heart--for now. Even when AG, MCW and Bamba were injured, some of the bench players stepped up in a few games.

When Cliff experimented with the rotations like when he played Birch at the 4 (was it against Miami?), the team played really well.

I have watched a few fun games that included role players. 

I know some of you want to make it to the playoffs and even move up in the standings. That's all good. I want to make it to the playoffs too, but I just want us to develop, win, and just play some fun basketball.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

I'm all for a small incremental move. I'd love for a big move but i have no faith in the FO to make the right one. For those wondering about LA, KCP has a no trade clause.

He shares agents with lebron and is shooting over 40% from 3. KCP isn't going anywhere. Kuzma would have to be moved with other bad contracts like Cousins and Bradley.

Since the lakers have very little draft capitol, trading Kuzma might be the only way to get anyone good. 

Lakers would probably do something like this. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qkgumm6

Anyhow i'm pretty sure our front office will not give up on Bamba,Gordon or Vucevic during the season. Because of this i see little room for a trade unless something unusual happens. It's hard to trade players for other players playing the same position and both teams benefiting. In other words if we trade Evan and Dj we are either getting worse players back or we are giving up picks.

31 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

AG is the one that we have a shot at getting a decent return on and I believe Iwundu's perimeter defense can be just as menacing plus Okeke is in the pipeline. Let's cash out and get some scoring or we will be a  1st round out. I don't think Ag will ever put up big offensive numbers; at least efficiently. He'll have a game or two teaser and then he's gone or injured for a block of games.

Agreed

I still think a McCollum for Gordon trade makes some sense for both teams.

I also think a Culver and Covington for Gordon trade makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I still think a McCollum for Gordon trade makes some sense for both teams.

I also think a Culver and Covington for Gordon trade makes sense.

Yeah the more i watch the Blazers the more i agree with 4thewin. He does seem to elevate his game in the playoffs, but we have to get there first.

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah the best way to develop fultz and Isaac is totally to teach them that as soon as things get tough you quit. 

We can change this roster without trying to lose as much as possible. 

Our management does a pretty good job historically drafting outside of the top 5. 

Things just got tough? We have been trotting out Gordon, Vooch and Fournier for 5 years expecting them to be REALLY good all of a sudden. Enough. We should have traded Vooch at the deadline LAST year but NOOOO we had to have an ALL STAR that we could blast around our social media and pretend like it meant something. This should have been a tank from the start season. We will be the 8th seed again this year... we will get swept or win one game... then we will get the 19th pick and draft some stiff.  

Please tell me all the good players we have drafted outside of the 5 spot?????  Keon Clark? Mike Doleac? Jerryl Sasser? Fran Vazquez? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

Things just got tough? We have been trotting out Gordon, Vooch and Fournier for 5 years expecting them to be REALLY good all of a sudden. Enough. We should have traded Vooch at the deadline LAST year but NOOOO we had to have an ALL STAR that we could blast around our social media and pretend like it meant something. This should have been a tank from the start season. We will be the 8th seed again this year... we will get swept or win one game... then we will get the 19th pick and draft some stiff.  

Please tell me all the good players we have drafted outside of the 5 spot?????  Keon Clark? Mike Doleac? Jerryl Sasser? Fran Vazquez? 

Lol. Some truth to this though.

1 hour ago, DjMase31 said:

You're aware we've had about 4 different GM's / FO's since those guys were drafted .... right?

1 hour ago, DjMase31 said:

Teams don't draft players, front offices do. Our front office drafted Isaac, siakam, giannis, and Malcom Brogdon outside of the top 5. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Teams don't draft players, front offices do. Our front office drafted Isaac, siakam, giannis, and Malcom Brogdon outside of the top 5. 

Damn you beat me to it