Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

23 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

Time to blow it up. It's been time. We tried to make the playoffs for Old Man Devos and now he is gone. Blow it up. I hate being stuck in mediocrity. Trade everyone except Fultz and Isaac. The longer we wait this year the worse our draft pick is going to be. This team is going nowhere. 

Not blow it up to tank but we have a pretty good idea what we got. Vuch, Fournier, DJ, gotta go.

AG will probably very unlikely since JI will be out for a while. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

Time to blow it up. It's been time. We tried to make the playoffs for Old Man Devos and now he is gone. Blow it up. I hate being stuck in mediocrity. Trade everyone except Fultz and Isaac. The longer we wait this year the worse our draft pick is going to be. This team is going nowhere. 

Blowing things up every time things get tough is a coward's move

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Blowing things up every time things get tough is a coward's move

lol. ok let's just be the 7th to 10th seed in the East forever.  We need a star and the only way we are going to do that is with a top 5 pick. We have NEVER drafted anyone decent outside the top 5 besides maybe Jameer. I am tired of trying to jam through this average team. We need a TRUE tank job not a half assed one. 

2 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

lol. ok let's just be the 7th to 10th seed in the East forever.  We need a star and the only way we are going to do that is with a top 5 pick. We have NEVER drafted anyone decent outside the top 5 besides maybe Jameer. I am tired of trying to jam through this average team. We need a TRUE tank job not a half assed one. 

Yeah the best way to develop fultz and Isaac is totally to teach them that as soon as things get tough you quit. 

We can change this roster without trying to lose as much as possible. 

Our management does a pretty good job historically drafting outside of the top 5. 

16 minutes ago, DjMase31 said:

I'm not happy about mediocrity either, but going back to the tank hope right now would be terrible. For the fans, for the young guys that has to develop. For everything.

There're other ways to get a star (there were a lot moved in the last few months before that trade drought), or a rising player that has no space in other teams. Problem is, management hasn't do a lot to accumulate some assets that are needed in those scenarios, and we don't have great assets as players with good contract either in our roster, as the only ones really interesting for other teams are problably the ones we wanna keep. That's why I don't like to be stuck in cap hell.

Additionally, tanking isn't something you choose to do 36 games into the season when you're already so far behind teams vying for the number 1 pick. 

Let's say we start losing today and Charlotte, Chicago, Washington, Memphis, Portland, Minnesota, Phoenix, and Sacramento pass us. 

Cool. We just trashed a season for the 7th lottery spot and a 68% likelihood of picking between 7 and 10. A spot that if there's someone we love we could reasonably trade up into from 16. Totally seems worth it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DjMase31 said:

Im with you. Although Keep Bamba and Okeke as well. 

2 hours ago, DjMase31 said:

Blowing it up doesnt make sense but we SHOULD 'retool'. We can trade Vooch and still be competitive (or at least we could have when Isaac was still healthy).

If I'm WeltHam I trade Evan to PDX for Simons, Little, and Bazemore. Gives us a solid stopgap and two upside guys.

I also trade Vooch to Boston for Hayward. maybe not straight up, but I'd find a trade there that works. (Maybe throw in DJ for salary matching purposes)

I think Khem can play starter minutes at C full time, but if you are not of that belief, there are plenty of cheap centers available by free agency or trade (Noah, Dedmon, etc.)

Fultz/Bazemore/Hayward/AG/whoever

Ross/Bamba/MCW/Iwundu/Simons

Little can play down in Lakeland to develop.

Cut Amile

And you have a squad

29 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Derozan with a 3 point shot would be perfect.

DeRozan's numbers never really correspond to a positive impact. It's like 7 consecutive seasons where his team is better when he's off the court. 1 season is fluky. Like right now Bamba is a considerably more positive player than Birch or Gordon or Fournier. 7 seasons is alarming

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

DeRozan's numbers never really correspond to a positive impact. It's like 7 consecutive seasons where his team is better when he's off the court. 1 season is fluky. Like right now Bamba is a considerably more positive player than Birch or Gordon or Fournier. 7 seasons is alarming

Didn’t know that. Guess I remember only that 1 season.

AG is the one that we have a shot at getting a decent return on and I believe Iwundu's perimeter defense can be just as menacing plus Okeke is in the pipeline. Let's cash out and get some scoring or we will be a  1st round out. I don't think Ag will ever put up big offensive numbers; at least efficiently. He'll have a game or two teaser and then he's gone or injured for a block of games.