Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

16 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I hate trading Vooch right now because I don’t think Bamba is ready. I know a lot of people wanted Vooch moved, but I think many have seen how valuable he is on this team with his passing, floor spacing and yes his defense has been passable.  Even Kevin Durant has recently been offering his praise, is something up? 

I don’t think Vooch is going anywhere this season because we want to continue to win. If we make a deal it’ll be sending out DJ and/or Evan because they’re both guys that could leave that we don’t want to lose for nothing before they do.

We might just stand pat though, maybe bring in a FA to help fill the gap at the 4. Despite how bad we’ve been, If we beat the Nets tomorrow, we’re the 7 seed, somehow.

41 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Here is my pipe-dream. 

We have a decent starting lineup, but unless Isaac/Gordon/Fultz make the jump to the next level, we are destined to remain in the 6-10 seed range. 

I think Fournier is having a good year but it's a contract year, after that I think he'll slump again. I say we trade him while he's valuable. I think someone is going to overpay for DJ this off-season, so I think we need to couple him in a trade somewhere too. 

However, the issue is we need scoring desperately, both in the starting lineup and off the bench. 

PG - Fultz, Augustin, MCW

SG - Fournier, Ross, Frazier

SF - Isaac, Iwundu

PF - Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson 

C - Vucevic, Bamba, Birch

I'm not sure who we aim for this offseason or in trades. I think DeRozen is an exciting name but he is ball dominant so that might hurt Fultz development. What if we aim for filling out our bench with scoring?

Trade Vuc-DJ-Iwundu-1st to Boston for Brown-Hayward? Fournier-Aminu to Dallas for Hardaway-FinneySmith-2nd? Sign VanVleet and Markieff Morris in the offseason? Get Okeke back for his rookie year. 

PG - Fultz, VanVleet, MCW

SG - Brown, Ross, Hardaway

SF - Isaac, Hayward, Finney-Smith, Okeke

PF - Gordon, Morris

C - Bamba, Birch

Scoring depth. Young developing core. Potential stars in Fultz, Brown, and Isaac. Hayward (similar to Fultz) gets a low-pressure situation to heal and get back to form. 

No way Boston trades Brown now.

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No way Boston trades Brown now.

I think it all depends on how badly they want a starting center. I think they'd be willing to get rid of Brown to give the reigns to Kemba/Tatum more, if they had Vuc as a 3rd option. 

I also think they'd be willing to get rid of Hayward because of the struggle with healthy + the bad contract. Again, pipe-dream, but I know they wanted Vuc last season really bad. So maybe they would consider it if we tossed in a pick or two. 

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I think it all depends on how badly they want a starting center. I think they'd be willing to get rid of Brown to give the reigns to Kemba/Tatum more, if they had Vuc as a 3rd option. 

I also think they'd be willing to get rid of Hayward because of the struggle with healthy + the bad contract. Again, pipe-dream, but I know they wanted Vuc last season really bad. So maybe they would consider it if we tossed in a pick or two. 

Not that bad. Brown/Tatum got a good thing going. They both coexist unselfishly and Brown is balling. 

They may, MAY, consider trading Hayward.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Disagree. After the IT trade and the backlash in Boston, they’re in a position where they almost can’t trade Hayward. Also, Brown is playing too well and is still young and improving. And on top of all that, adding Vucevic does nothing to help Tatum and Walker take the reigns, it only hinders their shot attempts. We had our shot at Jaylen last year, probably could’ve gotten him for Mo straight up but it never materialized and now that ship has sailed.

Do you think we fill the Isaac hole as he is out for a while and get a reasonable 3/4 guy that would be happy coming off the bench we he returns? Someone like Jerami Grant could be ok as he plays good D. I mean there is also Otto Porter Jr not sure how he has been playing lately though. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t think Vooch is going anywhere this season because we want to continue to win. If we make a deal it’ll be sending out DJ and/or Evan because they’re both guys that could leave that we don’t want to lose for nothing before they do.

We might just stand pat though, maybe bring in a FA to help fill the gap at the 4. Despite how bad we’ve been, If we beat the Nets tomorrow, we’re the 7 seed, somehow.

This man speaks the truth. We didn't re-up on Vuc and Ross to lose. Any moves we make will small. 

How would Evan and the Lakers 2nd for Bazemore/Little/Simons look for us? Who says no?

Not sure if this is an overpay from the Blazers end... But they have been rumored in the past to target Evan (believe they offered Harkless and a protected 1st last year for him)... And they're in a position where they need to try and win now with Dame/CJ/all of their injured big men..

7 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Since we are doing stupid trades here is a 3d chess trade.

Philly screwed up and signed Horford, lets "help" them out. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yx7egkrp

We send Dj,Evan and Aminu who actually plays again this year and plays his usual 3 and D. Evan and Dj hit 3's at 40% thanks to all the open looks Embid and Simmons create. Philly gets better all year and knocks out out the Bucks and the Celtics in the playoffs before losing to the west. Giannis gets frustrated and demands a trade.Celtics decide they can't beat Philly without Horford and trade with us to get him back.Evan and Dj leave Philly because it's too cold.

Meanwhile in Orlando Thybulle,Horford,Futlz,McW,Isaac and Gordon form together to create the best defense ever! Unfortunately we only score 89 points a game and wind up a mid lotto team. Magic win the Lottery and draft Anthony Edwards who becomes the next Michael Jordon. Celtics trade us Hayward for Horford so they don't lose him for nothing. 

The end.

I would lose it if we got Thybulle. That kid is SPECIAL on defense. Buuuut, he's gonna be untouchable