Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

33 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Ohhh no! I hope the fo/gm doesn't look his way. Kuzma prefers being in LA. If he comes to Orlando, he could become a Shaq 2.0. 

At an Allstar game many years ago, Shaq was asked if he liked playing in LA.

Source: Orlando Sentinel

O'Neal couldn't resist taking another shot at Central Florida after Sunday's game. He was asked if he felt more comfortable living in Los Angeles than he did in Orlando.

"Yes, I do. I could live my life. I'm like a big fish with other big fish in the ocean," he said. "In Orlando, I was a big fish in a small, dried up pond."

Kuzma prefers playing with big fish like LeBron.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Let's also not forget this little nugget. 

"I want people to talk about me, good or bad, because if they're not, you're not doing something right. I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about, so."

I want nothing to do with Kuzma. I'd rather hold onto all of our pieces and risk losing for nothing than to send help to L.A. and get back a player with this type of attitude. 

• Upvote 1

Kuzma shows that he is more concerned with image then substance, I’ll take a pass and keep focusing on a mindset that is about the right things; playing for what’s best for the team and sacrifice. 

7 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Kuzma shows that he is more concerned with image then substance, I’ll take a pass and keep focusing on a mindset that is about the right things; playing for what’s best for the team and sacrifice. 

Not that I’m necessarily for trading for Kuzma. I do wonder how good could he be in a bigger role but most stars are concerned about their image. 

11 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If Derozan could consistently shoot from outside...

Eh, the main reason we would do this is to Kick the SG can down the road. He would be here next year and we won't have to replace him til the year after. Also correcting the Aminu signing might be worth it.

59 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Eh, the main reason we would do this is to Kick the SG can down the road. He would be here next year and we won't have to replace him til the year after. Also correcting the Aminu signing might be worth it.

I just don’t think he helps us. He probably hinders Fultz. I’m all for another ball dominate star player who can score but they gotta be able to play with Fultz if we are committed to his development. Derozan is a ball dominate player who doesn’t shoot from outside much.

48 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just to clarify, I don’t want Kuzma, I’m aware that he’s a Primadonna and not nearly as good as he thinks he is, just showing he’s available 

Not to worry, I figured you were just providing a tidbit of what's going on around the NBA and not that it had anything to do with the Magic. ;)

Here is my pipe-dream. 

We have a decent starting lineup, but unless Isaac/Gordon/Fultz make the jump to the next level, we are destined to remain in the 6-10 seed range. 

I think Fournier is having a good year but it's a contract year, after that I think he'll slump again. I say we trade him while he's valuable. I think someone is going to overpay for DJ this off-season, so I think we need to couple him in a trade somewhere too. 

However, the issue is we need scoring desperately, both in the starting lineup and off the bench. 

PG - Fultz, Augustin, MCW

SG - Fournier, Ross, Frazier

SF - Isaac, Iwundu

PF - Gordon, Aminu, Jefferson 

C - Vucevic, Bamba, Birch

I'm not sure who we aim for this offseason or in trades. I think DeRozen is an exciting name but he is ball dominant so that might hurt Fultz development. What if we aim for filling out our bench with scoring?

Trade Vuc-DJ-Iwundu-1st to Boston for Brown-Hayward? Fournier-Aminu to Dallas for Hardaway-FinneySmith-2nd? Sign VanVleet and Markieff Morris in the offseason? Get Okeke back for his rookie year. 

PG - Fultz, VanVleet, MCW

SG - Brown, Ross, Hardaway

SF - Isaac, Hayward, Finney-Smith, Okeke

PF - Gordon, Morris

C - Bamba, Birch

Scoring depth. Young developing core. Potential stars in Fultz, Brown, and Isaac. Hayward (similar to Fultz) gets a low-pressure situation to heal and get back to form. 

I hate trading Vooch right now because I don’t think Bamba is ready. I know a lot of people wanted Vooch moved, but I think many have seen how valuable he is on this team with his passing, floor spacing and yes his defense has been passable.  Even Kevin Durant has recently been offering his praise, is something up?