Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fwiw I said he's a considerably better version of Vucevic. 

This type of trade talk should be in a whole other thread.He just signed a 5 year contract and is a former number 1 pick. He is not going anywhere.

This is still the biggest reason you have to hit in the draft.If you do get a star you have him locked up for the first 7 to 8 years of his career.

I am of the belief that a big man cannot be your best player on your team if you want to win a championship. Unless they are of the Giannis strain and he's a unicorn. No real proof other than the lack of success by the big men in the league now. Championship teams need that great guard/forward and more often than not that guard/forward has the ball in their hands more often so they end up with more opportunity. 

46 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Here is the Hypothetical Bridges trade.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y27bnxjr

If management did something like this it would be because we finally gave up trying to make Gordon a small forward. The good things from this trade.

Huge salary relief at the end of the season, especially if Evan opts out.A player on a rookie deal with championship pedigree who is a real small forward.

We get to keep our pick and maybe even get one back.They get a player who fits nicely next to Ayton. Money  or picks to go after a shooting guard.

I think we and management need to stop proposing or actually doing trades for people who cannot shoot regardless of their "potential" he is a career 44% and 33% from 3 - His 80% free throw career is something that makes us think he can get better, but we need proven shooters. Every team that ends up beating us does so because of late 1st rounders or second round pick that are dropping buckets on us. Other then Fournier who is shooting career lights out from 3 the other teams are killing us....OR They way we plan and set our defense other teams are having a field day with us from three... We are letting teams shoot almost 37% from three

3pt.jpg

36 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I think we and management need to stop proposing or actually doing trades for people who cannot shoot regardless of their "potential" he is a career 44% and 33% from 3 - His 80% free throw career is something that makes us think he can get better, but we need proven shooters. Every team that ends up beating us does so because of late 1st rounders or second round pick that are dropping buckets on us. Other then Fournier who is shooting career lights out from 3 the other teams are killing us....OR They way we plan and set our defense other teams are having a field day with us from three... We are letting teams shoot almost 37% from three

3pt.jpg

Mikal Bridges was a 44% three point shooter in college. He's probably going to be a great three point shooter. Just needs time

45 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

3pt.jpg

The difference between where we're at right now and where we'd want to be on defense(like 35.0%) only amounts to 0.6 made threes per game. 

We're actually pretty good at preventing threes. Toronto is 4th in three point percentage and we've held them to 29% over their three games against us. We've held teams to 35% three point percentage or worse 15 times. We're just overly impacted by weirdly good three point shooting nights from Houston, Washington, and San Antonio. 

On offense our three point shooting is still being impacted by absurdly bad early season shooting. Over the past 23 games we've been a 36.4% three point shooting team which would tie us for 9th on the season. The first 9 games we shot 26.5%. so that number should even out to above average as the season moves on. 

14 minutes ago, harley said:

Give me three under the radar players we should trade for guys? (Must be able to shoot)

Don't know about under the radar but there are a few role players I'd be good with having:

Royce O'Neale - always seems to be in the middle of it with Utah and he hasn't hit big money yet. Good shooter.

Monte Morris from Denver could be ok, I like watching Denver

Luke Kennard ?? - I dunno what Detroit's deal is but the guy seems to be a good shooter, ok producer and that team just goes nowhere (kinda like us!)

Derrick White ?? - not sure why Spurs would part with a young guy though.

Landry Shamet could be useful if LAC wanted another vet for their run.

Terence Davis from Toronto has nice numbers.

And I think we've all been jealous of Washington for what we've seen from the surprise that is Davis Bertans this year...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The difference between where we're at right now and where we'd want to be on defense(like 35.0%) only amounts to 0.6 made threes per game. 

We're actually pretty good at preventing threes. Toronto is 4th in three point percentage and we've held them to 29% over their three games against us. We've held teams to 35% three point percentage or worse 15 times. We're just overly impacted by weirdly good three point shooting nights from Houston, Washington, and San Antonio. 

On offense our three point shooting is still being impacted by absurdly bad early season shooting. Over the past 23 games we've been a 36.4% three point shooting team which would tie us for 9th on the season. The first 9 games we shot 26.5%. so that number should even out to above average as the season moves on. 

Still pull opponents 3p% from games we lost and then pull ours... It's staggeringly different showing that our in ability to make shots from 3 consistently is killing us... Our 2pt% are very close in those games

I fully expect us to make some half ass trade like for Derozan while WeHam celebrate themselves with a phat check and Denton continuing coloring his nose brown by writing a article on how wonderful the trade is.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Still pull opponents 3p% from games we lost and then pull ours... It's staggeringly different showing that our in ability to make shots from 3 consistently is killing us... Our 2pt% are very close in those games

Wouldn't you think that's true for every team?