Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Why would they trade him for the package you suggested (even with picks)? 

1. Any trade would be under the assumption that he demands a trade. Given hield trashing the coaching staff in the media, dedmon already demanding a trade, on a steak where they've lost 6 of their last 7, Fox being out with back spasms, it's easy to see this spiraling out of control

2. He's good but he's one note. He's not going to be that valuable on the trade market. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

1. Any trade would be under the assumption that he demands a trade. Given hield trashing the coaching staff in the media, dedmon already demanding a trade, on a steak where they've lost 6 of their last 7, Fox being out with back spasms, it's easy to see this spiraling out of control

2. He's good but he's one note. He's not going to be that valuable on the trade market. 

I still don’t understand why they’d consider the trade. They could flip Ariza and Dedmon, and Hield is worth more than a late first or two, imho. Given their deals with Barnes and Joseph, I don’t think they’re hitting reset.

Dream would be Vooch for Hield (and fillers) Allow them to sign Bogdovanic to replace Hield in starting line up, plus an all star centre. Gives us the Shooting guard we need and we can throw Bamba to the wolves in the SL. 

13 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

But is he the guy we should invest future cap for? That’s my concern.

DRuss fits our core’s timeline, but can he play off the ball? Apparently he has good spot up shooting numbers. I’m also not sure on his maturity level as I know our fo values that plus defense. He’s 6’5 with 6’ 10 wingspan so he’s built for it; lateral movement could be a question. It would cost at least AG and picks.

5 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

DRuss fits our core’s timeline, but can he play off the ball? Apparently he has good spot up shooting numbers. I’m also not sure on his maturity level as I know our fo values that plus defense. He’s 6’5 with 6’ 10 wingspan so he’s built for it; lateral movement could be a question. It would cost at least AG and picks.

There are some fit questions w/ this roster and D'lo but I think he and Fultz could make it work. We could stagger their mins whenever possible and having two elite ball handlers/playmakers in the rotation would be great for JI and Bamba. Bamba shouldnt be playing all of his minutes with DJ Augustin, who's goal it seems during. the game is to dribble the ball on the entire area of the court during a game.