Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I would be more of a AG advocate if he would stick to defense, cutting to basket and spot up 3s, but I agree he is trying to be Mamba and he just doesn’t have it; he’s a bull. I’m also not sure his ego will allow him to be the best role player he can be. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah he's forcing it. And he needs to stop. He's been around long enough to know the difference between a good & bad shot, in-rhythm vs. out-of-rhythm, on-balance vs. off-balance, etc. He's fully capable of playing within his own strengths & weaknesses, and recently he's choosing not to.  It sucks because he had made strides last year in these facets.

I'm a big AG guy and about as patient with players as anyone, but yeah, he's gotta turn it around or it'll be time to start taking calls.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Yeah he's forcing it. And he needs to stop. He's been around long enough to know the difference between a good & bad shot, in-rhythm vs. out-of-rhythm, on-balance vs. off-balance, etc. He's fully capable of playing within his own strengths & weaknesses, and recently he's choosing not to.  It sucks because he had made strides last year in these facets.

I'm a big AG guy and about as patient with players as anyone, but yeah, he's gotta turn it around or it'll be time to start taking calls.

He just needs to play exactly like he did last year. He took the annoying post fadeaways last year but I'm ok with letting every starter get a bad shot per half if they're doing the right thing the rest of the time. 

It's just been so bad lately. Rewatching his shots he's attacking still which is nice but any time he does something that requires creating against the defense (other than straight line drives to the rim) it turns out poorly. 

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He just needs to play exactly like he did last year. He took the annoying post fadeaways last year but I'm ok with letting every starter get a bad shot per half if they're doing the right thing the rest of the time. 

It's just been so bad lately. Rewatching his shots he's attacking still which is nice but any time he does something that requires creating against the defense (other than straight line drives to the rim) it turns out poorly. 

Given the frequency of Gordon’s mid fade-aways, I’m guessing Cliff is encouraging those shots. Ingram and Siakim seem to flourish in those same shots, so maybe Cliff is wanting Gordon to work on them. Either way, right now those shots are awful by Gordon.

42 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Given the frequency of Gordon’s mid fade-aways, I’m guessing Cliff is encouraging those shots. Ingram and Siakim seem to flourish in those same shots, so maybe Cliff is wanting Gordon to work on them. Either way, right now those shots are awful by Gordon.

This has nothing to do with nothing but Isaac is actually really good at these shots at least from the eye test. I'd guess the stats back that up. He fits the Siakam/Ingram mold. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This has nothing to do with nothing but Isaac is actually really good at these shots at least from the eye test. I'd guess the stats back that up. He fits the Siakam/Ingram mold. 

I agree. Quite ironic.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

From what I’ve seen, he’s getting separation on his isolation jumpers, his shot is just complete garbage right now. Pull up jumpers make up 31% of his shot attempts, but he’s only shooting 32.6% on those shots. (https://stats.nba.com/player/203932/shots-dash/)

The easy thing would be for him to stop shooting those shots and just shoot open threes or shots close to the basket, but we desperately need his offense in the 2nd unit. There’s going to be stretches of play where neither DJ or Ross aren’t hot, and we need someone to be a steady hand offensively when that happens; that’s not going to be Bamba or MCW, so it has to be Gordon. Taking shot attempts away from AG in those bench lineups isn’t the solution imo. 

We just have to wait it out imo and hope that he reverts back to his old percentages, since he shot 36.2% on pull up jumpers last year and has regressed by 4% with his 3 point shot compared to last year.