Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

6 minutes ago, harley said:

Everything your describing here screams the opposite of what Evan and Vooch bring to the table 

It is. 

Fournier and Vuc don't fit what we want long term.  I've only argued that we can't just trade fournier into cap space because his production isn't easily replaceable and I don't mind resigning Vucevic to raise our floor if the long term game is dumping him for an asset. 

24 minutes ago, harley said:

mate im with you on Mikal Bridges. He's my dream target no.1

would they do him for Bamba i wonder? prob not with Baynes and Ayton. I like the Other options. Wonder if Boston would trade Smart and Salary fillers for Vooch

I don't know if we want to shop Bamba yet. (Though this comes with the caveat that I can't tell you he'll be good either). But he blocks shots at a high rate (top 10 in block percent). He's pretty good with deflections. He's theoretically a good shooter. He's theoretically mobile enough to operate in a fast paced system. 

He's contesting 50% more shots than Vucevic and only 16 guys in the league contest more shots per minute than Bamba. 

We have proof of concept with his play in summer league and the preseason. We have flash plays that show what we need from him.

We can't clear that final hurdle of real consistent production. So I don't know if we want to dump him yet. 

If we are wondering if bamba is worth keeping at this point in time , then that in itself says he should be traded asap. A number five pick a year and a half in should not have these type of questions lingering. Trade him while people think he still has that top five possiblilites. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If we are wondering if bamba is worth keeping at this point in time , then that in itself says he should be traded asap. A number five pick a year and a half in should not have these type of questions lingering. Trade him while people think he still has that top five possiblilites. 

I don't agree with your premise. To use an example from this thread, there was no confidence that CJ McCollum was even an NBA player until the last 15 games of his second year. First 47 games that year he averaged 4 points on 38% shooting. 

It takes time for rookies to incorporate themselves into teams trying to win basketball games

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So to that end here's some of the players I'm looking at. 

Mikal Bridges-long shooting guard, smart player, good on ball defender, very high steal rate. Theoretically a good shooter. 

Robert Covington- Swiss army knife. You might think he can't play sg but his on ball matchups the last couple seasons have him defending points and sgs almost exclusively. 37% three point shooter. 

Marcus smart- 2 that has the strength to defend centers in the post. Steals. Can shoot. 

Jrue holiday- elite on ball defender. Leads league in deflections per game. 

Andre Drummond. Moves well. Sets good screens. Highest deflections per game for a center. 

WCS. Screens, deflections, rim runs. 

Kris dunn-deflections, steals. 

So you are off the Gordon Hayward potential? 

10 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

So you are off the Gordon Hayward potential? 

No. This is about what we should do long term and perfect fits. I'm not sure a Hayward move is a long term move or a perfect fit. 

22 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't agree with your premise. To use an example from this thread, there was no confidence that CJ McCollum was even an NBA player until the last 15 games of his second year. First 47 games that year he averaged 4 points on 38% shooting. 

It takes time for rookies to incorporate themselves into teams trying to win basketball games

Well there is not much we agree on, so color me shocked.  Sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve. Now is that time.

And to compare McCollum to bamba is apples to oranges not apples to apples. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Well there is not much we agree on, so color me shocked.  Sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve. Now is that time.

And to compare McCollum to bamba is apples to oranges not apples to apples. 

How so? 

Was cj on strict minutes restriction? Because of health concerns. Was cj a complete project and have so many questions on his motor and what he will become, ie. bust or average player or somewhere in between.

If you think bamba can become a fringe all star or competent 30+ minute starter. Then we definitely disagree. Because I just don’t see it happening sadly. 

26 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Was cj on strict minutes restriction? Because of health concerns. Was cj a complete project and have so many questions on his motor and what he will become, ie. bust or average player or somewhere in between.

If you think bamba can become a fringe all star or competent 30+ minute starter. Then we definitely disagree. Because I just don’t see it happening sadly. 

So you need situations to be literal copies before you can compare them? I'm sorry but there's not a large population of centers drafted in the top 10 that spent the first 65 games of their career playing behind entrenched veterans on teams trying to make the playoffs with a stress fracture in their leg.  

And for all the "motor" concerns with Bamba he sure does rank highly on all of the "motor" stats. High on deflections. High on contesting shots. He moves considerably faster than Vucevic on the court. 

As far as deflections and contested shots, he’s 7 foot with a 7’ 10” wingspan. He could stand in the middle of the lane and not move and get those stats. Lol. But seriously “quicker than vooch”. This is NOT an example of high or above average motor or even having a pulse,  Hahahaha 

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

As far as deflections and contested shots, he’s 7 foot with a 7’ 10” wingspan. He could stand in the middle of the lane and not move and get those stats. Lol. But seriously “quicker than vooch”. This is NOT an example of high or above average motor or even having a pulse,  Hahahaha 

Easy turbo, we’re all friends here. All have Our own opinions. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1