Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

And that's my only reservation about trading Gordon. His issues aren't based ability. If he would just play a different type game we would have a 17+ ppg guy who plays great defense and can switch on to any position.

Hard for me to want to trade a guy like that unless for a clear upgrade at the position. His issues are fixable and giving up now just seem short sited. 

Gordon’s strengths are exactly what we need. We need to not put him in a position that exploits his weaknesses so much.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Gordon’s strengths are exactly what we need. We need to not put him in a position that exploits his weaknesses so much.

His shot selection isn’t helping with that 

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. A lot of his issues right now are self inflicted

Yes but at the same time his role should be clearly defined. There is too much information out there for Cliff, Gordon, and everyone else not to realise that Gordon's game is not in the mid range. Being so he needs to stop taking them, Cliff needs to do better at getting him the ball in his spots and also getting on his ass when he decides to take those shots forcefully. 

I think Cliff and Gordon are equally to blame. 

54 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Yes but at the same time his role should be clearly defined. There is too much information out there for Cliff, Gordon, and everyone else not to realise that Gordon's game is not in the mid range. Being so he needs to stop taking them, Cliff needs to do better at getting him the ball in his spots and also getting on his ass when he decides to take those shots forcefully. 

I think Cliff and Gordon are equally to blame. 

I think that’s fair to say

53 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

He’s trying to cultivate a mamba mentality. 

It really pains me to have to say it about one of our own... but god he just does not have the mamba talent... and I love the guy

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I blame Kobe. 

Tatum did this same **** last year

It's weird. I mean, practice is practice and even if AG wasn't working on the things Coach Cliff wanted him too, he should have gotten better at some of the things he worked on, right? As you have pointed out, AG's strength is as a cutter, which thankfully means he doesn't have to dribble much. I can see him wanting to expand his game, but if I would suggest a guy to work with on building his dribbling skills it would be Oladipo. I am not saying that with his height that he will ever be as good as a shorter/ smaller guy but he can still improve as time goes on. IMO, AG needs to get back to basics and stick to his strengths as a cutter and 3 and D guy during our games and work on his ball-handling skills as sort of a side project. 

Oladipo Dribbling Drills

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

It's weird. I mean, practice is practice and even if AG wasn't working on the things Coach Cliff wanted him too, he should have gotten better at some of the things he worked on, right? As you have pointed out, AG's strength is as a cutter, which thankfully means he doesn't have to dribble much. I can see him wanting to expand his game, but if I would suggest a guy to work with on building his dribbling skills it would be Oladipo. I am not saying that with his height that he will ever be as good as a shorter/ smaller guy but he can still improve as time goes on. IMO, AG needs to get back to basics and stick to his strengths as a cutter and 3 and D guy during our games and work on his ball-handling skills as sort of a side project. 

Oladipo Dribbling Drills

Never get why he chose to work on post up fade aways this off season. It’s good to have a arsenal but you do so in context of what the team needs. You also double down on your strengths not ignore them. 

Agree, footwork with the ball, dribbling, passing, all should’ve gotten the emphasis.

• Like 1