Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I’ll look more into Culver. This deal just screams great for a good games then falls off and filled with regret.

Culver's a rookie so his numbers don't jump off the page but he's one of those guys who can do everything. Shooting is streaky but there's reasons to be optimistic there. It's more about getting a guy today for the future vs ending up with the 16th pick and hoping someone falls. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Covington is basically a lower usage version of Gordon with a lower ceiling and more reliable shot. Culver gets us the high potential shooting guard of the future and protects us against Covington decline. Teague is just salary filler. 

Frees up offense for fultz and Isaac while maintaining our identity. 

I’ll look more into Culver. This deal just screams great for a good games then falls off and filled with regret.

41 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Culver's a rookie so his numbers don't jump off the page but he's one of those guys who can do everything. Shooting is streaky but there's reasons to be optimistic there. It's more about getting a guy today for the future vs ending up with the 16th pick and hoping someone falls. 

We need something for today too. We got the future covered

46 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

We need something for today too. We got the future covered

The something for today is Covington. High level defender who can defend 4 positions and hits 38-41% of his open threes the last few years

I like Gordon because I think the best thing you can put next to fultz and Isaac is an athletic versatile defender who can defend opponents best players allowing Isaac to wreak havoc in passing lanes and as a help defender at the rim and giving fultz a cutter and a guy to kick out to. 

I believe Gordon can be that guy but if he's not it doesn't change the fact that this is the type of style we should play, it just means we were wrong about Gordon's ability to find a role when he's not getting shots. 

• Like 1

I'm happy for a swing for the fences trade of AG for one of Simons/Little/Culver. Im not sure why we need a trade for the now as our ceiling is 8th seed. @Fultz4thewin im keen on that mini trade mate. Covington/Culver would be great. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I like Gordon because I think the best thing you can put next to fultz and Isaac is an athletic versatile defender who can defend opponents best players allowing Isaac to wreak havoc in passing lanes and as a help defender at the rim and giving fultz a cutter and a guy to kick out to. 

I believe Gordon can be that guy but if he's not it doesn't change the fact that this is the type of style we should play, it just means we were wrong about Gordon's ability to find a role when he's not getting shots. 

There’s also at a least a decent chance Okeke can fill the role that we’ve been hoping AG would fill. The FO’s confidence is Okeke may be the key to what happens with AG, but it makes sense getting something for AG if Okeke essentially is AG on a rookie contract and AG can yield us a young player at a position of need. I would put the chances of AG being traded at the deadline at better than not, especially if this season doesn’t turn around quickly 

6 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Gordon needs to be able to consistently hit the three and play with a much better bb iq. I’m really disappointed in his play this year. 

39 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Gordon needs to be able to consistently hit the three and play with a much better bb iq. I’m really disappointed in his play this year. 

And that's my only reservation about trading Gordon. His issues aren't based ability. If he would just play a different type game we would have a 17+ ppg guy who plays great defense and can switch on to any position.

Hard for me to want to trade a guy like that unless for a clear upgrade at the position. His issues are fixable and giving up now just seem short sited. 

• Upvote 1