Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Top 4 protected 2020 pick. Augustin. Frazier. 

See this is realistic, basically two expirings and a first round pick. Only way to get something is to give something. JJ would be a great addition. They are almost sure to trade Favors so maybe weltham can get them to take Aminu instead.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

See this is realistic, basically two expirings and a first round pick. Only way to get something is to give something. JJ would be a great addition. They are almost sure to trade Favors so maybe weltham can get them to take Aminu instead.

They have no need for aminu and we have no need for favors.

And Aminu isn't bad, he's just a really poor fit for lineups without offense so playing him with Bamba, this year's version of DJ, MCW, and Ross while he was in his shooting slump made him look worse than he actually was.  Maybe if you get him in lineups with JJ and competent versions of Bamba and Ross that we've seen lately he'd provide more value. 

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Here's a thought for you all. Gordon/Augustin/Frazier/1st round pick (top 7 protected) to Memphis for  Iguodala/Tyus Jones/Brandon Clarke. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=scu3hhb

Fultz/Jones/MCW

Fournier/Ross

Clarke/Iguodala/Iwundu

Isaac/Aminu/Jefferson

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

Why would we trade Gordon and our pick for young backups and an expiring sf who is close to retirement?

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I was thinking about this a lot last night. I bet we don't make any "big" trades. 

The second we spent a first rounder on JJ or a JJ caliber player we're destroying that asset from a future value perspective. 

If our ultimate goal is to save stuff for a Blockbuster trade we need to save picks or convert them into rookies to throw in to whatever the next Anthony Davis trade is. That means not trading for role players despite what they'd provide for us in the short term. 

Maybe we can swing a trade for a Malik Beasley type guy but I don't know why Denver would want a draft pick vs consolidating their depth into an upgrade. And we're not in the position to trade one of our guys for 2 players. 

Why not just sign Crawford for more juice on the bench? 

I like Clarke. I would have picked him over okeke. 

It would be pretty significant mismanagement to not pick him in the draft and trade Gordon and a pick for him 6 months later. 

12 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I think we should try really hard to get Malik Beasley here. What do you guys think his trade value is?

From our perspective his value is iwundu and our first rounder. 

But I'm not sure why Denver would want our pick. If you're a veteran team playing 12 guys but want to trim that rotation down to 9 you don't dump one guy for a mid teens draft pick, you trade 2 or 3 guys for 1 great guy. So maybe we can jump into a trade as a third team and get beasley back for the pick but that's difficult to figure out from our side. 

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I was thinking about this a lot last night. I bet we don't make any "big" trades. 

The second we spent a first rounder on JJ or a JJ caliber player we're destroying that asset from a future value perspective. 

If our ultimate goal is to save stuff for a Blockbuster trade we need to save picks or convert them into rookies to throw in to whatever the next Anthony Davis trade is. That means not trading for role players despite what they'd provide for us in the short term. 

Maybe we can swing a trade for a Malik Beasley type guy but I don't know why Denver would want a draft pick vs consolidating their depth into an upgrade. And we're not in the position to trade one of our guys for 2 players. 

I agree with you 100% from a Xs & Os point of view. Trading today's value for JJ is a depreciating asset. It wont go up in value, whereas our assets are  or could go up in value and not down. However solidifying Accurate Scoring from the bench on JJ makes everything better, so what is that worth to us? I think Ross and JJ with Bamba could be a devastating 2nd squad shooting downtown.

3 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Here's a thought for you all. Gordon/Augustin/Frazier/1st round pick (top 7 protected) to Memphis for  Iguodala/Tyus Jones/Brandon Clarke. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=scu3hhb

Fultz/Jones/MCW

Fournier/Ross

Clarke/Iguodala/Iwundu

Isaac/Aminu/Jefferson

Vucevic/Bamba/Birch

3 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why would we trade Gordon and our pick for young backups and an expiring sf who is close to retirement?

A couple of reasons:

1) I think Clarke might be a better fit next to Isaac than Gordon is, and it allows you to move Isaac primarily to the PF.

2) Jones is a younger version of DJ, and is locked in for a couple years more on a reasonable contract. 

3) Iguodala brings veteran, championship experience; and a toughness to the team.

4) Iguodala's expiring fits in well with potential future moves/cap space; so he is a good short-term improvement without long-term consequences. 

5) Room for Chuma Okeke next season as well. 

Could it be a bad move? If Gordon suddenly, finally puts it all together, yes, it could be; but I do like Clarke, and I feel like he's more of a 3/4; whereas Gordon is definitely a 4/3. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Don’t know what it would take, but give me Jrue!

Only problem I see if that NOP are probably going to ask for a young player (AG or Isaac) and 1 or more picks for him.