Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

13 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Is Russell better than Fournier? Is he that much better that we give them Bamba as well? Too many of these trades are willing to give up far too much just for the sake of change.

We just signed an all-star center. We don't need Bamba. You have to give up something to get something.This trade checks all the boxes. We acquire an all-star scorer who just signed so it's part of our window. We ditch Dj who is killing us and Bamba who will not be ready for years and honestly might be better in their system.

For once you can see the other side wanting our players. When Curry and Klay come back the Warriors need a 6th man and a center, exactly what we have! They can probably resign Evan to a team friendly contract and even resign DJ as  a cheap back-up. He can shoot the 3, we all know this and Klay covers up the defense.It's  a really a good deal for them and helps them with the cap. 

We need an Alpha and Russell is right now the clearest path to getting one. It's called taking a chance, and i feel Burks and Willie would help us too.   And it's not even a fantasy trade scenario like most trades on here, most media outlets list us as one of the teams in on Russell. It only takes our front office being proactive and being risk takers.Evan is playing great, i have no doubt the wins will come in 2020 and our record will be better. However, what is our ceiling with this team? It's purgatory, you know it! It's fighting for a 7th or 8th seed. The Heat have already blown by us and i like some of the moves the Hawks,Wizards and even the Hornets have made.Should we wait till they are better next year and then make a change? HELL NO!!!!!

If we wait we will start winning but i feel we will miss out on the best time to make a move. Our pick is going to look better in December because of our record and the right players are healthy, i feel we can't afford to wait. 

Edit: I didn't want say the obvious but i will anyway. We send them a first round pick too. I think they salivate at the chance to have two possible lottery picks in next years draft. This is what gets the trade done. They actually receive useful players and get to make two great picks in the draft.Remember that front office thinks they are light years ahead. The Warriors have stars they need to rebuild depth and they will with 3 first round picks and our players.We need stars. If we make this trade, our chances of having one finally increase. 

• Downvote 1

I’d be open to something like Augustin and Gordon for Jrue Holiday and NAW.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vp8978u

I’m not sure they’d throw in NAW but this trade would help both teams. For us, it would greatly improve our playmaking and allow Fournier to move to SF and Isaac to move to PF. Plus, it’d allow us to move on from Fournier this summer if we wish. 

For New Orleans, it’d allow them to go younger and hedge against losing Ingram next summer. Gordon is on a killer contract that any team would covet.

Thoughts?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be open to something like Augustin and Gordon for Jrue Holiday and NAW.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vp8978u

I’m not sure they’d throw in NAW but this trade would help both teams. For us, it would greatly improve our playmaking and allow Fournier to move to SF and Isaac to move to PF. Plus, it’d allow us to move on from Fournier this summer if we wish. 

For New Orleans, it’d allow them to go younger and hedge against losing Ingram next summer. Gordon is on a killer contract that any team would covet.

Thoughts?

I don't think they'd want Gordon given they have Zion and Ingram 

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I don't think they'd want Gordon given they have Zion and Ingram 

Given that Gordon has a nice cost control contract and is still only 24, I could see them being interested. They need to go with a youth movement, so I’d expect them to look for a deal for Holiday and Redick by the deadline.

It is temping and I see your angle as far as balance of rotation goes, but Holiday is going on 30 and Reddick is 35. I would like some youth or pick to sweeten the pot for a very solid role player at 24 with a good deescluating contract.

• Downvote 1

On 12/15/2019 at 8:34 AM, hootie249 said:

We just signed an all-star center. We don't need Bamba. You have to give up something to get something.This trade checks all the boxes. We acquire an all-star scorer who just signed so it's part of our window. We ditch Dj who is killing us and Bamba who will not be ready for years and honestly might be better in their system.

For once you can see the other side wanting our players. When Curry and Klay come back the Warriors need a 6th man and a center, exactly what we have! They can probably resign Evan to a team friendly contract and even resign DJ as  a cheap back-up. He can shoot the 3, we all know this and Klay covers up the defense.It's  a really a good deal for them and helps them with the cap. 

We need an Alpha and Russell is right now the clearest path to getting one. It's called taking a chance, and i feel Burks and Willie would help us too.   And it's not even a fantasy trade scenario like most trades on here, most media outlets list us as one of the teams in on Russell. It only takes our front office being proactive and being risk takers.Evan is playing great, i have no doubt the wins will come in 2020 and our record will be better. However, what is our ceiling with this team? It's purgatory, you know it! It's fighting for a 7th or 8th seed. The Heat have already blown by us and i like some of the moves the Hawks,Wizards and even the Hornets have made.Should we wait till they are better next year and then make a change? HELL NO!!!!!

If we wait we will start winning but i feel we will miss out on the best time to make a move. Our pick is going to look better in December because of our record and the right players are healthy, i feel we can't afford to wait. 

Edit: I didn't want say the obvious but i will anyway. We send them a first round pick too. I think they salivate at the chance to have two possible lottery picks in next years draft. This is what gets the trade done. They actually receive useful players and get to make two great picks in the draft.Remember that front office thinks they are light years ahead. The Warriors have stars they need to rebuild depth and they will with 3 first round picks and our players.We need stars. If we make this trade, our chances of having one finally increase. 

I think that is far far too much. Russell is on like 32% usage rate or something like that. Bad to ok defender. If we are sending out that much it needs to be for a legit star not a one time all-star who has done nothing to prove he can produce wins from his play. 

Well we could just run it back all year. I suspect we have two special players in Fultz and Isaac. Evan is balling. I'm just trying to think of a way to make a leap.

Russell is signed he'll fit right in to our current run and i believe he has more upside then Evan. It's that simple. Bamba is a total wildcard. I'm done trying to predict what these project players will do, but i know what he is right now, an asset. Russell already made an All-star team. It's hard to keep kicking the can down the road.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Well we could just run it back all year. I suspect we have two special players in Fultz and Isaac. Evan is balling. I'm just trying to think of a way to make a leap.

Russell is signed he'll fit right in to our current run and i believe he has more upside then Evan. It's that simple. Bamba is a total wildcard. I'm done trying to predict what these project players will do, but i know what he is right now, an asset. Russell already made an All-star team. It's hard to keep kicking the can down the road.

Russell may very well be better than Fournier. That's why I asked how much better. I don't think he is significantly better in a way that translates to more wins. I think we would still be a 6-8 seed so why give up all that to remain largely the same?

1 hour ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

The question I have is who do we trade? They have to want what we are offering.

Top 4 protected 2020 pick. Augustin. Frazier. 

I was thinking about this a lot last night. I bet we don't make any "big" trades. 

The second we spent a first rounder on JJ or a JJ caliber player we're destroying that asset from a future value perspective. 

If our ultimate goal is to save stuff for a Blockbuster trade we need to save picks or convert them into rookies to throw in to whatever the next Anthony Davis trade is. That means not trading for role players despite what they'd provide for us in the short term. 

Maybe we can swing a trade for a Malik Beasley type guy but I don't know why Denver would want a draft pick vs consolidating their depth into an upgrade. And we're not in the position to trade one of our guys for 2 players. 

• Downvote 1