Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

I know this is magic chat but wouldn't Drummond be better on the Celts? If they just switch Hayward and Drummond i bet both teams would be better. Not sure he would be  good for us.

6 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I know this is magic chat but wouldn't Drummond be better on the Celts? If they just switch Hayward and Drummond i bet both teams would be better. Not sure he would be  good for us.

I think Hayward might be. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman said:

Win three games in a row and this thread sure dried up.

lol.. good point. I still think we need to make a move at some point, but I’m leaning more toward a small splash to upgrade our bench this season. There’s just nobody worth cashing in your chips on this year at the moment. But it is *this league* so that could change any second

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

lol.. good point. I still think we need to make a move at some point, but I’m leaning more toward a small splash to upgrade our bench this season. There’s just nobody worth cashing in your chips on this year at the moment. But it is *this league* so that could change any second

That's kind of what I've been hanging on. I could be wrong but it seems like teams relatively regularly swap out non-core players because you tinker when you aren't "winning". I like where we are at to a degree but wondering if cleaning out stale pieces for a couple of new looks couldn't hurt.

The trade I keep coming back to is something based on DJ and our draft pick for Redick. 

We need to send more money and I'm not sure how to make that happen. They'd have no interest in aminu and Birch. We probably want to keep Birch for this season at least. A third team probably needs to be involved. We'd need to find a third point guard in buyouts or from that third team. 

But new Orleans is bad and has no hope of making a run at the playoffs. It's reasonable to expect JJ to become available. We could have a final rotation of fultz-fournier-Gordon-Isaac-Vucevic mcw-jj-Ross-Bamba. 

It fixes bench scoring without killing the defense. He expires at the right time. It gives us fournier insurance this summer without killing our 2021 money. He's impactful enough to be worth giving up the pick. He'd be happy here. We're probably a playoff team so that's really the only requirement for trading for him. 

why couldnt we just do a Ross for JJ trade straight up? Do you think they would do that? or is the fact that ross is 3 more years and not 1 year like redick? also ross being younger may actually thrive more in NO free for all... I would rather let JJ launch Threes at the rate we let Ross do it.

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

why couldnt we just do a Ross for JJ trade straight up? Do you think they would do that? or is the fact that ross is 3 more years and not 1 year like redick? also ross being younger may actually thrive more in NO free for all... I would rather let JJ launch Threes at the rate we let Ross do it.

I rather have JJ and Ross launching 3s. Don't see how replacing Ross improves this team in a way that impacts wins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

The trade I keep coming back to is something based on DJ and our draft pick for Redick. 

NOT DJ!!!

5BfPk9.gif

And if MCW goes down again, then what or who do we turn to who knows our system and the chemistry our current team has--not to mention the momentum we possibly have going forward.

UUzRSA.png