Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

24 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Q: Do you see Caris and Spencer as good fits with Kyrie because of their versatility?

A: Definitely; their versatility and that they can guard multiple positions. The way the league is trending now, it's a positionless league. You can go with those three guys, and KD, as you're 1, 2, 3, 4. And they're all interchangeable. All of them can bring the ball up the floor, all of them can defend multiple positions. All of them can be placed in pick and roll reads. All of them can play catch and shoot because they all can shoot the ball very well. It's pretty dynamic. I won't say that it's Golden State-esque yet. But that's what makes Golden State so special. Klay Thompson can catch and shoot, Steph Curry can catch and shoot. Kevin Durant can catch and shoot. But you can also put the ball in their hands. Back in the day, you could either catch and shoot or you're really good at creating off the dribble. There wasn't this combination. And then the fact that they want to get after it defensively as well, Spencer's a really good, cerebral defender. Caris LeVert is a good defender. It can be really scary, it can be scary. 

I thought I might hear crickets, but he’s probably wrong also.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Could we swing a trade for Andre Drummond? And would we want to? 

It'd have to include Vuc which might be a non starter for Detroit.

Yes and he fits. 

We can debate if he's worth the money he's going to get but he's available and fits what we want from a center. 

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yes and he fits. 

We can debate if he's worth the money he's going to get but he's available and fits what we want from a center. 

What about Embid? He scored zero points last night and the guy looks miserable. I wonder if he is unhappy in Philly. Maybe we could capitalize again since they seem to be willing trade partners.

13 minutes ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

What about Embid? He scored zero points last night and the guy looks miserable. I wonder if he is unhappy in Philly. Maybe we could capitalize again since they seem to be willing trade partners.

No chance he's available

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yes and he fits. 

My idea was Drummond and Snell for Vuc, Augustin, Okeke and a 1st. We take back Snell for Augustin who's an expiring (presuming Snell opts in) and then they get a replacement for Drummond who they can try and move it they want, a prospect and a 1st. Not sure if it's enough or whatever so might need more picks but it was my initial thought when I was thinking about it. 

15 hours ago, LaVar said:

I agree. That is why fultz and DJ only seem to work with DJ off the ball.

I don’t think it works that well no matter who’s off the ball.  I’d like to see an end to that combination.  

14 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear you on that also. 

Just those guys don't move the needle for me at all. 

I just want at least one championship in my lifetime.. hopefully multiple lol

Hate to be the Debbie Downer, but we really missed out on some premier talent the last few drafts. That's why the  trade thread is so popular, sometimes you have to make your own luck. I want to Magic to be bold as well. Some of the players we mentioned are good. They don't have to be superstars at first. First you get better players then you stay flexible. This is what the Heat,Nets, Pacers and even Washington are doing. Do they win a championship the next few years? Who knows! However they keep getting talent and maybe an opportunity arises. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

My idea was Drummond and Snell for Vuc, Augustin, Okeke and a 1st. We take back Snell for Augustin who's an expiring (presuming Snell opts in) and then they get a replacement for Drummond who they can try and move it they want, a prospect and a 1st. Not sure if it's enough or whatever so might need more picks but it was my initial thought when I was thinking about it. 

Take Okeke out of there and I’d do it.