Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Julius Randle has gotten more shots per game each year he has been in the league.  He is up to 16 a game this year.  TJ Warren is getting 14 shots a game and has averaged in excess of 12 since his 3rd year in the league.  At 22 Gordon got 15 shots a game and averaged 17.6 PPG.  The bet thereafter was that he would improve his efficiency.  He did exactly that as a 23 year old reducing his SPG from 3 by 1.5 the next season.  Not coincidentally, his PPG went down, but his APG went up by 1.4.  This year he is getting even fewer shots. 

It is a recipe for an argument of he can't earn his shots vs. his shots are being stolen.  Vuc has gotten 16+shots a game in 4 of the last 6 seasons and hasn't been less than 13.7 in any of them.  In seasons where he has gotten more than 16 shots a game he is averaging 19 PPG.  Gordon's gotten about 13.5 shots a game on average the last 3 seasons and averaged 16 points... playing in an offense suited to Vuc.  Vuc is 5 years older and way less suited to a future with an offense built around Fultz, Isaac, Okeke and Bamba.  Thus, I'm going with stolen.  I d do not want to see Gordon traded for his 25 year old season, watch him get the most SPG he has gotten in his career (like Oladipo did in Indiana when he turned 25) and wonder why he never got that opportunity here (like I do about Oladipo).  

Dipo you can give him the ball and let him create. That’s not AG’s strengths. Don’t know what the advance stats say but idk if more shots for him means more wins for us.

They key for Ag isn’t just more shots. It’s the type of shots. 

17 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Dipo you can give him the ball and let him create. That’s not AG’s strengths. Don’t know what the advance stats say but idk if more shots for him means more wins for us.

We're 8-7 when Gordon gets more than 15 shots and 16-14 when he gets more than 12. 

This isn't a really good way to measure that though. 

Anecdotally his shot selection seems to improve as his level of responsibility in the offense increases. 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:45 PM, Magicman28 said:

He can create if he doesn’t settle for long 2s and is aggressive at the rim. He’s gotta at least try if we want him to get to the next level

I've been thinking. Most of us are upset about AG losing the slam dunk contest. But some posters have been calling for AG to be traded. I've said it once before and I am saying it again.

AG is keeping the Magic in the NBA conversation and Orlando on the map. I think that is good for us and it would be a mistake for him to be traded. Who else on our team is going to get the Magic noticed at least once a year. AG might be the key to having a top tier free agent sign with the Magic.

Did you all see Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, and some others storm the court after AG's last dunk and then the shock and disbelief on their faces when AG did not win?

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!

AG might be singing the lyrics of Aretha Franklin's song from the movie Blues Brothers, "You Better Think What You're Trying To Do To Me".  

Edit:  Oh my goodness! I had just started typing the lyrics to Franklin's song when a commercial (Levis) came on during the All-Star game playing that song.

I for one don't want him traded. I just want to see him in an offense with an athletic and fast paced C and SG to go with Isaac and Fultz, I think he'd flourish. He'd easily get 6 PPG or more just running the floor. Add that to how he played that efficient season last season with his fantastic D and you have yourself a very very good player. He may never be the superstar we dreamed of but it isn't easy for players to hit that high and the player I described is a damn great player and one every team would be stoked to have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I've been thinking. Most of us are upset about AG losing the slam dunk contest. But some posters have been calling for AG to be traded. I've said it once before and I am saying it again.

AG is keeping the Magic in the NBA conversation and Orlando on the map. I think that is good for us and it would be a mistake for him to be traded. Who else on our team is going to get the Magic noticed at least once a year. AG might be the key to having a top tier free agent sign with the Magic.

Did you all see Giannis, Donovan Mitchell, and some others storm the court after AG's last dunk and then the shock and disbelief on their faces when AG did not win?

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!

AG might be singing the lyrics of Aretha Franklin's song from the movie Blues Brother, "You Better Think What You're Trying To Do To Me".  

Edit:  Oh my goodness! I had just started typing the lyrics to Franklin's song when a commercial (Levis) came on during the All-Star game playing that song.

:D :D i love it when stuff like that happens hahaha

43 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I for one don't want him traded. I just want to see him in an offense with an athletic and fast paced C and SG to go with Isaac and Fultz, I think he'd flourish. He'd easily get 6 PPG or more just running the floor. Add that to how he played that efficient season last season with his fantastic D and you have yourself a very very good player. He may never be the superstar we dreamed of but it isn't easy for players to hit that high and the player I described is a damn great player and one every team would be stoked to have.

I agree 110%.

7 hours ago, The Boss said:

I for one don't want him traded. I just want to see him in an offense with an athletic and fast paced C and SG to go with Isaac and Fultz, I think he'd flourish. He'd easily get 6 PPG or more just running the floor.

For all the shortcomings that Payton had with us, he was really good on the fastbreak and on finding Aaron on cuts / alley-oops, and I'm pretty sure Gordon was more happy then, more than the style/role he has now, even with the bad results we had.

I have said if before the only way I would be happy if we trade AG is for a genuine All-Star level player. There probably isnt a team who would give up that to us for AG anyway so it is better that we keep him. I like him when he is slashing to the rim and getting the occasionally 3pt shot, the fade away 2 he frequently likes to go to is just too inconsistent. I do agree with The Boss about getting rid of the 2 players who for some reason we run the offense through and play a bit of a D'Antoni style of offense. 

His contract is also descending and quite good for the value he gives.

I hope he takes seriously the fact of training 3's instead of dunks, it would open a new world for him being able to shot 35+% constantly from the three point line.