Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Years in the league 

Guys hit their primes at like 28-30. Which means they've been in the league somewhere around 10 years. They didn't stop growing in year 6.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Guys hit their primes at like 28-30. Which means they've been in the league somewhere around 10 years. They didn't stop growing in year 6.  

Yeah but how much better and what guys are we talking about? Usually by year 6 we have a good idea. Like I said in the original post, I wouldn’t doubt he gets better at 28 and perfectly content with keeping AG. I like AG but by how much and how much of an impact will there be? And how long is it sustainable? Is it just a real good year than fizzles back to earth? That’s where we’re at with AG LeBron at year 6 is nothing like Lebron at year 10 and we had no questions marks about his talent level. We’re not talking about LeBron talent here. Or even Paul George. If a deal is out there that can get us someone like that or makes us better, gotta listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dwight also shot the most practice fts.  It just shows that the mental part is more important. You have to be laser focused on the court. And focus is something that really you have or you don’t on a consistent basis. AG has it very few and far between times. He is incredibly gifted athletically but will always be limited by this lack of focus. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we worried about Gordon's ceiling? 

He's not untradable but he is:

A 5 position defender (most of the time) who is probably a second tier on ball guy (not as good as Kawhi, jrue, prime Iguodala, Ron Artest. But in the same realm as prime Danny Green, Jimmy Butler, prime Mike Conley, prime Luol Deng)

A 14-20 ppg guy depending on role. Give him 12 shots and he'll only give you 14. 16 and he'll give you 20. Capable of exploiting mismatches and carrying scoring some nights. Not an every night guy. Not an almost every night guy. He's good for 14 every night though. With a good passing point guard again he's back to being the best cutter in the NBA. He's regularly in the top 25% in putbacks, top 15% this year. 

A good passer for his position which let's you run the offense through him similar to Vucevic or Fournier. 

A philosophical fit to pair with fultz. Almost an ideal fit next to Isaac if Gordon can get his shooting up to 37%. There's a reasonable expectation he can do that if he takes more catch and shoot threes and his role as a creator diminishes a bit with fultz improving. 

 

He's probably not going to be an all star ever. He'll be an all defensive guy if there's a narrative that helps him (similar to Danny Green or Avery Bradley in the past) but he's probably never going to be a first team guy or dpoy guy because he doesn't do enough off ball. 

 

But he lets us take advantage of Isaac's versatility as they can swap roles. We can use him to defend the opponents best player letting Isaac play a lesser player and roam and wreak havoc in passing lanes. His speed in transition and finishing ability is an asset to fultz as fultz has the highest pass to assist ratio with Gordon out of any of the starters. 

That's really valuable to us with what we're trying to do. He's not Kawhi or Isaac where you can build specifically around him but he does provide a rare skill set that isn't readily available in the market especially with someone that fits the timeline of our major pieces. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Why are we worried about Gordon's ceiling? 

He's not untradable but he is:

A 5 position defender (most of the time) who is probably a second tier on ball guy (not as good as Kawhi, jrue, prime Iguodala, Ron Artest. But in the same realm as prime Danny Green, Jimmy Butler, prime Mike Conley, prime Luol Deng)

A 14-20 ppg guy depending on role. Give him 12 shots and he'll only give you 14. 16 and he'll give you 20. Capable of exploiting mismatches and carrying scoring some nights. Not an every night guy. Not an almost every night guy. He's good for 14 every night though. With a good passing point guard again he's back to being the best cutter in the NBA. He's regularly in the top 25% in putbacks, top 15% this year. 

A good passer for his position which let's you run the offense through him similar to Vucevic or Fournier. 

A philosophical fit to pair with fultz. Almost an ideal fit next to Isaac if Gordon can get his shooting up to 37%. There's a reasonable expectation he can do that if he takes more catch and shoot threes and his role as a creator diminishes a bit with fultz improving. 

 

He's probably not going to be an all star ever. He'll be an all defensive guy if there's a narrative that helps him (similar to Danny Green or Avery Bradley in the past) but he's probably never going to be a first team guy or dpoy guy because he doesn't do enough off ball. 

 

But he lets us take advantage of Isaac's versatility as they can swap roles. We can use him to defend the opponents best player letting Isaac play a lesser player and roam and wreak havoc in passing lanes. His speed in transition and finishing ability is an asset to fultz as fultz has the highest pass to assist ratio with Gordon out of any of the starters. 

That's really valuable to us with what we're trying to do. He's not Kawhi or Isaac where you can build specifically around him but he does provide a rare skill set that isn't readily available in the market especially with someone that fits the timeline of our major pieces. 

It’s what I’m saying, just not in so many words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Making shots in practice and making them in games are two different things.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/shaq-free-throws-problem-why

apparently Dwight was making 82% of his free throws in practice

It is. However, AG is only 24 and has shown me enough that I don’t want to trade him just yet. I am hopeful the light will come and stay on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dwight also shot the most practice fts.  It just shows that the mental part is more important. You have to be laser focused on the court. And focus is something that really you have or you don’t on a consistent basis. AG has it very few and far between times. He is incredibly gifted athletically but will always be limited by this lack of focus. 

It’s not focus. Just needs to be comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 12:12 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

Why are we worried about Gordon's ceiling? 

He's not untradable but he is:

A 5 position defender (most of the time) who is probably a second tier on ball guy (not as good as Kawhi, jrue, prime Iguodala, Ron Artest. But in the same realm as prime Danny Green, Jimmy Butler, prime Mike Conley, prime Luol Deng)

A 14-20 ppg guy depending on role. Give him 12 shots and he'll only give you 14. 16 and he'll give you 20. Capable of exploiting mismatches and carrying scoring some nights. Not an every night guy. Not an almost every night guy. He's good for 14 every night though. With a good passing point guard again he's back to being the best cutter in the NBA. He's regularly in the top 25% in putbacks, top 15% this year. 

 A good passer for his position which let's you run the offense through him similar to Vucevic or Fournier. 

A philosophical fit to pair with fultz. Almost an ideal fit next to Isaac if Gordon can get his shooting up to 37%. There's a reasonable expectation he can do that if he takes more catch and shoot threes and his role as a creator diminishes a bit with fultz improving. 

 

He's probably not going to be an all star ever. He'll be an all defensive guy if there's a narrative that helps him (similar to Danny Green or Avery Bradley in the past) but he's probably never going to be a first team guy or dpoy guy because he doesn't do enough off ball. 

 

 But he lets us take advantage of Isaac's versatility as they can swap roles. We can use him to defend the opponents best player letting Isaac play a lesser player and roam and wreak havoc in passing lanes. His speed in transition and finishing ability is an asset to fultz as fultz has the highest pass to assist ratio with Gordon out of any of the starters. 

That's really valuable to us with what we're trying to do. He's not Kawhi or Isaac where you can build specifically around him but he does provide a rare skill set that isn't readily available in the market especially with someone that fits the timeline of our major pieces. 

I don't think the issue is his game compared to the team's. He's a fine player who I like on the team.

The problem is that he's going to enter UFA. for the first time in his career in a few years. And he's a west coast guy. Like you said, guys rarely play for 10 years on 1 team. So if we ARE looking to trade him, it should be while he still has time on his contract. Him as an expiring isn't as attractive given its a very team-friendly contract and he's a net positive player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I don't think the issue is his game compared to the team's. He's a fine player who I like on the team.

The problem is that he's going to enter UFA. for the first time in his career in a few years. And he's a west coast guy. Like you said, guys rarely play for 10 years on 1 team. So if we ARE looking to trade him, it should be while he still has time on his contract. Him as an expiring isn't as attractive given its a very team-friendly contract and he's a net positive player.

That's a problem that the 2021 magic need to solve, not the 2019 magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     Pat Williams wants to trade Gordon for a baseball team. Anyhow the reason to keep bringing up trades is we seem to be missing one piece for this team.

Things are starting to gel. For the first time in awhile i can see the future of the Magic, it's Fultz and Isaac. If sometime in the next year we can swing a deal for a scorer it would be nice.One thing shaping up like i said is Evan having a career year.If he does he will surely opt out.You want to sign him for 20 million a year or get his replacement before the all-star break? And if we do make a trade what are our best assets? Gordon and possibly Bamba. If we don't trade Gordon then Evan,Bamba and Aminu after december 15th.

Personally i want to keep Gordon and think the later could get us a good trade. 

Edit. The more i keep looking at it the more i think we can make a good deal with Brooklyn. Gonna have to wait and see what happens before December 15th. The Nets are a disaster this year and i think they really need to make a move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a 3 team deal between us, Nola and golden state. We give vuc to gs, Nola gets russell and we get jrue and wcs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Okethree said:

I would love a 3 team deal between us, Nola and golden state. We give vuc to gs, Nola gets russell and we get jrue and wcs

Yuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×