Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Our job is to not play gm; it’s to be fans. Who knows what deals were and weren’t there to be had? The product/roster rolled out last night is average and outdated. The fans should demand better. 

Fans are but it lands on deaf ears. The stadium fills with fans from other teams. Doesn’t matter who fills the seats. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Our job is to not play gm; it’s to be fans. Who knows what deals were and weren’t there to be had? The product/roster rolled out last night is average and outdated. The fans should demand better. 

But that’s the whole point. We have no idea if the inner machinations of these things. So yelling “oh my god I can’t believe these idiots didn’t do anything I wanted!” is nonsense.  

It’s like having a financial adviser and getting pissed that they haven’t tripled your net worth within a couple years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We do know what deals were there because they happened. 

It's ignorant that with no evidence to the contrary you think there was some magical move to make us better that we chose not to make.

You're operating irrationally and looking at this emotionally and that's a bad way to make decisions. 

• Downvote 2

This season, Ennis has averaged 5.8 points-per-game while playing roughly around 15 minutes. Early on in the year, Ennis looked like he was going to offer a nice spark off the Sixers' bench. But eventually, he began to struggle and contributed to a lot of the Sixers' issues throughout the first half of the year. Now, the team will move on without him, while gaining a second-round pick back.  https://www.si.com/nba/76ers/news/philadelphia-76ers-trade-james-ennis-nba-rumors

A lot to be excited about here. Seriously, though, maybe a change a scenery will do him good. It worked for Markelle...

1 minute ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

A lot to be excited about here. Seriously, though, maybe a change a scenery will do him good. It worked for Markelle...

There's not a lot to be excited about. He's an NBA player that we can play in an NBA game if it comes to that. He's not special or really changes how we operate and he probably doesn't play. 

Posting from work. Some of you really keep drinking the kool aid. This is terrible. Even as a fan realizing they couldn't do much, the product is unwatchable. I turned off the game last night. At least some of the bad teams have exciting  players, like Booker and Trea. I've been watching Vucevic,Evan and Gordon for years. I'm the biggest Gordon fan but I'm ready to start watching other teams. Nothing exciting here...

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Posting from work. Some of you really keep drinking the kool aid. This is terrible. Even as a fan realizing they couldn't do much, the product is unwatchable. I turned off the game last night. At least some of the bad teams have exciting  players, like Booker and Trea. I've been watching Vucevic,Evan and Gordon for years. I'm the biggest Gordon fan but I'm ready to start watching other teams. Nothing exciting here...

Hey man we just got James Ennis

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

There's not a lot to be excited about. He's an NBA player that we can play in an NBA game if it comes to that. He's not special or really changes how we operate and he probably doesn't play. 

I didn't have high hopes for him. I was just pointing out that in a small way he might be able to contribute. That said, I don't get why we would just give them a 2nd rounder. If we just need a body on the court we could play those at the end of the bench or call one of our guys up from the D league. I think our FO was trying to help out the sixers. Why we would do that is beyond me. 

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We do know what deals were there because they happened. 

It's ignorant that with no evidence to the contrary you think there was some magical move to make us better that we chose not to make.

You're operating irrationally and looking at this emotionally and that's a bad way to make decisions. 

I’m judging the product, not just the moment. The reality is the product is below average and outdated. Furthermore, the reality is management made the decision to re-sign the centerpiece of this average and outdated team to a huge deal six months ago. So if Vooch or others are not tradable, who does that fall on? 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Amen. I’m not on the team payroll, if anything I have dumped thousands of my hard earned dollars into this team and have earned my right to complain/vent. I’m not going to claim I know what we could’ve or couldn’t have done. All I know is I’m sick of this organization trying to fool fans into thinking guys like Vucevic, Fournier and Gordon are our franchise cornerstones. If it were only a couple years it would be one thing but this below average trio that fits horribly has been together six damn years. The standards in Orlando have dropped so low it has me sad. 

• Upvote 1