Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He was done before I stopped watching lmao

He has only been in the league for 5 years and has always been a bit of a non-entity. He is a role player who has started a few times when teams have needed it.

This is a "We need a body at this position, this is a body at position of need that we can get for very cheap."

This is one of those super minor moves that people won't even remember and will likely have not impact on anything.

10 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean trading the 59th pick in a bad draft for Ennis is fine. It's not a bad move. 

It's just not the one anyone really wanted

Agreed. And maybe still someone on buyout market??

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I mean trading the 59th pick in a bad draft for Ennis is fine. It's not a bad move. 

It's just not the one anyone really wanted

The problem is that this front office is scared to do anything unless there is literally no literally no downside to it. Trading for Fultz was cool, but they did it for nothing. It feels like our front office and organization is scared to death of making any changes and we are going to remain irrelevant because of it. Nobody is ever going to criticize them for trading for Ennis, but nobody is ever going to praise them for it either. Tired of these kind of deals and I’m tired of watching Vucevic, Gordon and Fournier play together when they have been together for over half a decade and it doesn’t work.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MagicBucsRays2 said:

The problem is that this front office is scared to do anything unless there is literally no literally no downside to it. Trading for Fultz was cool, but they did it for nothing. It feels like our front office and organization is scared to death of making any changes and we are going to remain irrelevant because of it. Nobody is ever going to criticize them for trading for Ennis, but nobody is ever going to praise them for it either. Tired of these kind of deals and I’m tired of watching Vucevic, Gordon and Fournier play together when they have been together for over half a decade and it doesn’t work.

Agreed man. This is exactly what’s happening here. But they basically picked the right franchise to do that with because no one here gives a crap and in fact we actually justify mediocrity here. 

1 minute ago, MagicBucsRays2 said:

Times a zillion my brother

I was getting a little excited about us going after Kelly Oubre as he at least can have an impact, but then saw we got Ennis and we’ll let’s just say, it figures another non shooter who is 29 like Aminu. God help us! 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Their handling of any pic outside of their first pick each year is abysmal. 

Let us not forget when the draft “flattened out” when Kuzma went 2 picks later. 

I remember being told Weltman and Hammond thrived at identifying talent. That’s proven to be anything but their strength here. Not really sure how they keep getting passes. 

I think we're expecting too much too soon. I realize we've been in rebuild mode for like 10 years now, but they've only been in this position for 2.5 years. That is not a lot of time considering the number of poor contracts/poison culture they had to wade through. 

I think they've rebuilt to a solid foundation with Fultz/AG/Issac, you have those necessary vets like Ross/Evan/DJ/Vuc who are helping and young guys you hope to develop into something like Bamba/Iwundu/Okeke. However, the problem is we are stuck in this mediocre state and don't have a rising star (ex: Ja Morant) to be excited about, unless you are on the Fultz-Hype train.

I think the management hasn't necessarily made bad moves and the chances they've taken with Fultz have paid off...and hopefully Okeke too. They just are at a place now where they have to make a decision on committing to a young foundation or building around the vets and making splash (chips in) type moves. They haven't done that yet. The patient game is a frustrating game. I think we have to grow in patience here. I don't think we're trending negatively unless we just refuse to move on from Fournier/Vuc...then that's poor management. Right now, they're just examining the circumstances and making the smartest decisions possible. They obviously didn't like any trade at the deadline that wouldn't jeopardize what they've already built. 

2 minutes ago, MagicBucsRays2 said:

What move would you have liked them to make?

The problem isn't trading for Ennis, that wasn't bad for the probable 59 pick. I think we all wanted a substantial change and it didn't happen. Maybe there was nothing out there for Evan.

I feel like our franchise over values Vuc on the market, and probably also Evan, I think they don't know what to do with him and are just extending their time to work it out.

4 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

What move would you have liked them to make?

Our job is to not play gm; it’s to be fans. Who knows what deals were and weren’t there to be had? The product/roster rolled out last night is average and outdated. The fans should demand better. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I think we're expecting too much too soon. I realize we've been in rebuild mode for like 10 years now, but they've only been in this position for 2.5 years. That is not a lot of time considering the number of poor contracts/poison culture they had to wade through. 

I think they've rebuilt to a solid foundation with Fultz/AG/Issac, you have those necessary vets like Ross/Evan/DJ/Vuc who are helping and young guys you hope to develop into something like Bamba/Iwundu/Okeke. However, the problem is we are stuck in this mediocre state and don't have a rising star (ex: Ja Morant) to be excited about, unless you are on the Fultz-Hype train.

I think the management hasn't necessarily made bad moves and the chances they've taken with Fultz have paid off...and hopefully Okeke too. They just are at a place now where they have to make a decision on committing to a young foundation or building around the vets and making splash (chips in) type moves. They haven't done that yet. The patient game is a frustrating game. I think we have to grow in patience here. I don't think we're trending negatively unless we just refuse to move on from Fournier/Vuc...then that's poor management. Right now, they're just examining the circumstances and making the smartest decisions possible. They obviously didn't like any trade at the deadline that wouldn't jeopardize what they've already built. 

In other words nobody wants our trash that we reinvested in last summer. Good to know that they patently suck. 

Oh you were talking about patience. No I have none left for this organization.