Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

23 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Shams says a bunch of teams are calling about him but we have no interest in moving him. 

Not for anything they’re offering right now. I bet if someone offers something enticing though...See, some think Aminu might be traded. I’m the complete opposite. I think he was brought in in case we dealt AG. Nice stop gap until Okeke gets right.

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Not for anything they’re offering right now. I bet if someone offers something enticing though...See, some think Aminu might be traded. I’m the complete opposite. I think he was brought in in case we dealt AG. Nice stop gap until Okeke gets right.

Lol. No. Aminu wasn't brought in to replace Gordon. Aminu was brought in to maintain a style of play when Gordon or Isaac are out for whatever reason. Aminu can't replace Gordon just like he isn't replacing Isaac fully. 

Maybe if Lillard or someone of that caliber became available and we had to include half of the rotation in a deal. But there's not really any trade that someone would offer us for Gordon that would make sense. 

Because Gordon is good for Isaac and fultz and that's our number one concern. 

Aminu and Bamba for Gay and Poeltl. There is your Spurs trade.

I think having more offense while keeping our defensive team is a must. I like Gay and Poeltl off the bench for our team. Spurs only do this if they decide to blow it up, let them ship Derozan and Aldrige to other teams. They are also signed for another year then become free agents right when we need the money. I would definitely give a pick up to make this happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I think having more offense while keeping our defensive team is a must. I like Gay and Poeltl off the bench for our team. Spurs only do this if they decide to blow it up, let them ship Derozan and Aldrige to other teams. They are also signed for another year then become free agents right when we need the money. I would definitely give a pick up to make this happen.

We’re good.

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Definitely glad you're not a GM for us lol

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Rather take my chances with Bamba than do that

Jalen Rose talking about Fultz... with an interesting take on AG at the tail end (saying he'll be moved). Such a random thing to add in there... Unless he knows more than we do? He DOES have sources after all, he was the first talking head to say that Kawhi wanted out from San Antonio (at a time where he was ridiculed for saying so).

What would an AG trade even look like? I have no clue what his worth is. But I think some realistic targets could be guys like Miles Turner or Brandon Ingram

26 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Jalen Rose talking about Fultz... with an interesting take on AG at the tail end (saying he'll be moved). Such a random thing to add in there... Unless he knows more than we do? He DOES have sources after all, he was the first talking head to say that Kawhi wanted out from San Antonio (at a time where he was ridiculed for saying so).

What would an AG trade even look like? I have no clue what his worth is. But I think some realistic targets could be guys like Miles Turner or Brandon Ingram

He also says looking at Indiana aka Gordon trade there. Gordon for oladipo???

For those criticizing AG for forcing shots and bulldozing drives to the basket, I agree. Dude is still rigid and a work in progress on offense. However, just a few years ago we dealt away another overly aggressive, young, rigid player who became a star. That’s Victor Oladipo.

If a great deal comes along for AG that balances out our roster, we should consider it. In the meantime, if history teaches us anything, it says we should be patient, especially because we have AG on a favorable contract.

Go Magic!

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

mUFvby.gif

NO-O-O-O!!!

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

For those criticizing AG for forcing shots and bulldozing drives to the basket, I agree. Dude is still rigid and a work in progress on offense. However, just a few years ago we dealt away another overly aggressive, young, rigid player who became a star. That’s Victor Oladipo.

If a great deal comes along for AG that balances out our roster, we should consider it. In the meantime, if history teaches us anything, it says we should be patient, especially because we have AG on a favorable contract.

Go Magic!

Thank you, Soul Bro!

Edit:  Oladipo was also turnover prone.

Btw: Oladipo is still out (injury).  Not that I would not be happy to have him return to the Magic.

• Like 1