Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

54 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fournier, Aminu and a pick for Wiggins and Naz Reid

I guess this should be a lesson for us all. Nobody would even dream of taking on that contract last year, now how many teams would love to. 

He had some of the worst advanced stats and most forum posters considered it the worst contract in the league after Wall and Chris Paul.

I mean all NBA forums, not just this one.

I think this is the year they make a serious trade.Last year the Fultz trade was a big deal, but it was low risk. We did not give up **** for assets, nor did we mess with team chemistry.This year i think they might rock the boat. Not only is it evident we need some more offense but we could easily lose both DJ and Evan. Waiting for Dj's contract to be up and Evan to opt out is a gamble. Theoretically you can make moves in season and add some guards.

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I think this is the year they make a serious trade.Last year the Fultz trade was a big deal, but it was low risk. We did not give up **** for assets, nor did we mess with team chemistry.This year i think they might rock the boat. Not only is it evident we need some more offense but we could easily lose both DJ and Evan. Waiting for Dj's contract to be up and Evan to opt out is a gamble. Theoretically you can make moves in season and add some guards.

Depends on the market. I don't think we're interested in risk based on what we've heard from writers. But we haven't been shy about shopping for pieces. Last year we were interested in DSJ, ntilikina, and were in the final stages of a trade for Delon Wright before we ultimately settled on fultz. 

To your point it does make sense to dump Fournier and DJ to avoid having them walk. 

Additionally, since we're now in a place where we're having a tough time forming a rotation due to depth I think we're in a good spot to do a 2 for 1 deal. But we can't take on salary this year so that complicates things. 

29 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I guess this should be a lesson for us all. Nobody would even dream of taking on that contract last year, now how many teams would love to. 

He had some of the worst advanced stats and most forum posters considered it the worst contract in the league after Wall and Chris Paul.

I mean all NBA forums, not just this one.

I mean, Wiggins has stretches like this before. It's why we had a discussion about him this summer on here. The frustration with him was never about being bad, it's been times like this where he is awesome but overall numbers that aren't great. Long stretches where he disappears. Not caring about defense. And the contract making it more difficult to take a chance on him. And do you accept that risk for a guy who seems fine just being alright. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Fournier, Aminu and a pick for Wiggins and Naz Reid

I have wanted Fournier to be gone for a while. But when the Magic traded for Aminu, before the season started, I said that I did not think Aminu would be a good fit for the Magic. I posted my concerns a couple of times and gave my reasons why I was against it.

But, no-o, I was questioned by a fellow poster as to my motives or agenda. The point is, I know what I saw from Aminu (in Portland) when they played my second favorite team, the Warriors, in the playoffs. For me, Aminu might be average on defense, but he has not been of any help to the Magic on offense. The Magic needs scoring.

34 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have wanted Fournier to be gone for a while. But when the Magic traded for Aminu, before the season started, I said that I did not think Aminu would be a good fit for the Magic. I posted my concerns a couple of times and gave my reasons why I was against it.

But, no-o, I was questioned by a fellow poster as to my motives or agenda. The point is, I know what I saw from Aminu (in Portland) when they played my second favorite team, the Warriors, in the playoffs. For me, Aminu might be average on defense, but he has not been of any help to the Magic on offense. The Magic needs scoring.

He's really good on defense and he allows us to keep an advantage at the forward spot when Isaac or Gordon go to the bench or are in foul trouble. 

We're shopping him not because he's bad, but because he's not a long term piece here (and never was) and he maintains a ton of value and is a good asset that playoff teams would want because he's not average on defense. He's very good. 

45 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

8 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's really good on defense and he allows us to keep an advantage at the forward spot when Isaac or Gordon go to the bench or are in foul trouble. 

We're shopping him not because he's bad, but because he's not a long term piece here (and never was) and he maintains a ton of value and is a good asset that playoff teams would want because he's not average on defense. He's very good. 

My thought to deal Chief has less to do with his talent and more to do with his trade-ability around the league and moreso his contract allowing us to deal him with a guy like Evan for a max level salary

Aminu is exactly what we need coming off the bench for Gordon and Isaac. It's very clear we put a high value on defensive versatility at the Forward spots. And a lot of teams are structured the same way, which is why Aminu has so much trade value for a bench guy. He was a good pickup.

In the last 2 games, Cliff had 3, I repeat, 3 guards on the floor at the same time (Someone help me with the combinations). I believe it was DJ, MCW, Fournier.  I was surprised and I asked in the first game, who was playing what position but no one ever replied. 

I said to myself, Cliff is playing small ball.

That combination was very effective, they helped to speed up the game. And in my opinion, that is when we started to pull away from the 76ers in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

We were playing some exciting basketball during that period--DJ was doing his thing, making shots, lobbing to Vuch, etc., etc.

It was the eye test for me.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

In the last 2 games, Cliff had 3, I repeat, 3 guards on the floor at the same time (Someone help me with the combinations). I believe it was DJ, MCW, Fournier.  I was surprised and I asked in the first game, who was playing what position but no one ever replied. 

I said to myself, Cliff is playing small ball.

That combination was very effective, they helped to speed up the game. And in my opinion, that is when we started to pull away from the 76ers in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

We were playing some exciting basketball during that period--DJ was doing his thing, making shots, lobbing to Vuch, etc., etc.

It was the eye test for me.

MCW and Fournier didn't play one minute together last game.