Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

7 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If Otis was still here, we’d be trading for John Wall right now. Lol. On a serious note, I’m still trying to wrap my head around OKC. They’re legitimately good and balanced. Plus, they have a ton of picks in the quiver for years to come. I wish we had the ability to zig and zag to stay ahead of flatlining. 

Guess who works for OKC? 

12 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Gotta do more than the obvious. 

Fultz and Isaac weren’t the obvious. Both were great long range plays. The obvious, however, is breaking up the Fournier Vooch love pairing.

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fultz and Isaac weren’t the obvious. Both were great long range plays. The obvious, however, is breaking up the Fournier Vooch love pairing.

At our draft position, JI was the best prospect.

JSimmons for Fultz? Doesn’t take much of a thought process on that one.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

If Otis was still here, we’d be trading for John Wall right now. Lol. On a serious note, I’m still trying to wrap my head around OKC. They’re legitimately good and balanced. Plus, they have a ton of picks in the quiver for years to come. I wish we had the ability to zig and zag to stay ahead of flatlining. 

At least Otis swung for the fences and wasn’t bunting with the bases loaded. Our managements since him are bunters. 

Agree, Isaac was an easy pick and the point guards in that draft looked like trash at the time. Simmons for Fultz was also easy.Everything points to Philly only wanting a player who was non guaranteed.Everyone had us picking Bamba as well. Literally like every mock.There was more variance on who would pick Doncic and Trea. Meanwhile many non star players have moved around the league the last two years.Bertans,Oubre,Randle,Jabari,Tj warren,Morris brothers,Randle,Bullock,Prince,Schroder,Clarkson,Bogdonovic,Taj,Dunn,Wright,Curry,Bogdon,................seriously i could go on and on.

Most of the lesser players moved the last two years we could have been in on, easily. Don't talk to me about cap space, we had some options.My god in almost 8 years Fultz is the only player from another team we acquired as a developmental player who might fit better with us.Not counting the original trades for Tobias and Evan. 

Sorry for the format, not sure why i can't fix it....lol

• Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

At our draft position, JI was the best prospect.

JSimmons for Fultz? Doesn’t take much of a thought process on that one.

1. It wasn't obvious to pick Isaac

2. The fultz trade had considerable risk. And the reason we got the trade we did was due to lengthy negotiation. We took it to 5 minutes before the deadline. 

Just now, hootie249 said:

Agree, Isaac was an easy pick and the point guards in that draft looked like trash at the time. Simmons for Fultz was also easy.Everything points to Philly only wanting a player who was non guaranteed.Everyone had us picking Bamba as well. Literally like every mock.There was more variance on who would pick Doncic and Trea. Meanwhile many non star players have moved around the league the last two years.Bertans,Oubre,Randle,Jabari,Tj warren,Morris brothers,Randle,Bullock,Prince,Schroder,Clarkson,Bogdonovic,Taj,Dunn,Wright,Curry,Bogdon,................seriously i could go on and on.

Most of the lesser players moved the last two years we could have been in on, easily. Don't talk to me about cap space, we had some options.My god in almost 8 years Fultz is the only player from another team we acquired as a developmental player who might fit better with us.Not counting the original trades for Tobias and Evan. 

This isn't true at all lol. Here are what the mocks had us taking on the day of the draft

ESPN: Wendell Carter

Ringer: Bamba

NBA draft.net: Young

SI: Bamba

USA today: jaren Jackson

NBA.com: Sexton

Bleacher report: young

CBS sports: Young

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

2. The fultz trade had considerable risk. And the reason we got the trade we did was due to lengthy negotiation. We took it to 5 minutes before the deadline. 

1.Every mock draft, even the unreliable ones, had JI at around 6. Easy ass pick man.

2. Is Simmons even playing in the NBA? Length of conversation? It was a no brainer.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Even looking back in hindsight, Isaac pick was easy, go look at the players in the top 15. Fultz trade went to the last minute because Philly was offered nothing.Kinda of made us feel good until we all realized he wasn't going to play last year.The Bamba pick, that was the one to show us something. Everyone had us picking Bamba, another developmental player(just like Isaac). We already had a center and two highly drafted forwards.

I know people will bring up a team without a star should draft Best Player Available. B.P.A. Was Bamba really that guy? He is another draft magazine player, who people said had great potential. I want our scouts to go out and find real gems. Not just draft a guy who is the biggest and longest.He looks like he can't even play basketball sometimes.And considering our franchise just dealt with Biyombo, it's no wonder our fans immediatley noticed how bad he looked.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Even looking back in hindsight, Isaac pick was easy, go look at the players in the top 15. Fultz trade went to the last minute because Philly was offered nothing.Kinda of made us feel good until we all realized he wasn't going to play last year.The Bamba pick, that was the one to show us something. Everyone had us picking Bamba, another developmental player(just like Isaac). We already had a center and two highly drafted forwards.

You don't draft for need. You draft the player you think has the highest potential. 

Bamba wasn't even the consensus pick for us because most mocks had him going higher. You're just making **** up.